Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Blazing Zero posted:

it launched before star citizen though. +1 to lord brit

Checkmate citidiots :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
I really want to play this right now to experience the trainwreck in whatever this game's version of a hayday is, but yeah holy poo poo I can't possibly justify paying double digit moneys for this. If someone's streamed this or something or planning to I'd be interested in that.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

extra stout posted:

it's been five? years since richard garriot had iolo the bard come in during the first stream and confirm he'd be hiring him to make the soundtrack, does anyone know if there is any confirmation of how many tracks iolo recorded for the game?

the only redeeming aspect of this project would be at least being able to download those songs

I played the trial some hours and a lot of the music definitely is in iolo's style, but a lot of it comes off as an ear-grating midi mess. I did like the main menu music atleast, that evoked the sort of feelings I think Garriot was trying to go for.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Dementropy posted:

But how's the game?

Actually disappointingly not as poo poo as advertised, but still poo poo. So it's like really bad, but in a boring way. Some of the environments are pretty cool, the conversation system isn't the worst thing ever and what quests I did were pretty basic but still ok. You could pass it off as an MMO made by a big studio during the MMO craze if you didn't know better, one of the failed ones obviously.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

extra stout posted:

A while back the official stream looked like it was running the game at about 19 FPS and I was banned for asking them to show the current frame rate

ran smooth maxed out but for such outdated graphics that's not much of an accomplishment.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Gynovore posted:

It pains me to say this, but it looks like Lord British had his 15 minutes of fame back in the 80's and has been coasting ever since.

The guy who posted that Garriott makes good poo poo when working solo but can't manage a project, or generally work well with others, was probably right. The only way he'd get anything done in the modern day is if he went solo again, or teamed up with some personal hero he respects so much he wouldn't go Full Garriott.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Marketing it definitely should.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
I think G-rat was just desperate to cram as many Ultima references as possible into the title so he could claim spiritual successor.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
I must confess, pre-SotA I probably would've Lum'd myself to Garriot.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Pretty sure there's exactly two ways to emerge from Daikatana once it's had a decade or two to haunt you: Laid back and cool, or dead.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Just replace Carmack with Romero to stay on-theme.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Hah, "house". Friend, I've somehow managed to get 4 wiped over the course of the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Wing Commander: The Movie: The Game

Also a netflix Ultima show that's just a bog-standard isekai-show, just so we can have an as-seen-on-Netflix Ultima reboot.