Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Someone want to take a stab at telling me how the crafting works in this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Pretty decent player economy or is mostly drops?

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Cool thanks for the info! I'm a bit of weirdo, love crafting and economy stuff. Weirdly some of the most fun I've had in MMO's was being a GM blacksmith and Tailor in UO making stuff, repairing, and shooting the breeze with other players while they anxiously handed over all their vanquishing weapons to be repaired, hoping I'd trade them back.

I watched a really terrible Youtube video of a guy doing an hour and half long video on crafting, and the systems seems pretty good. I gathered (heh) that you hit some nodes, buy some recipes, refine materials, make parts, and then finish off a product. How much of the resource gathering is going to put you in danger? Like can you make fairly high end items by getting resources in relatively safe areas or are all the really good resources going to be pvp/dungeon areas?

Texibus fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Aug 3, 2016

Texibus
May 18, 2008
How bad is this game? As in is it more fun than a free UO shard? I want a loving MMO to play.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
What's the lowest pledge amount you had to pay to be able to place a house?

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Can you upgrade a pledge? My buddy has the patron one. I think that's 220.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Jimlit posted:

I soloed that last night, thanks for giving up the best gold spawns in the game rear end in a top hat :(

OHHH NO, all three of you will be swarming the area intermittently :)

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Erotica roleplaying and you did it for gold you whore.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Aren't there like an absolute poo poo ton of unofficial UO shards still running?

Texibus
May 18, 2008

smg77 posted:

I just recently heard about this game. Is it a bigger scam than Star Citizen?

No, the only bigger scam than Star Citizen is the American Dream.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
What is their alternative?

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Ahhh, two of my best friends still do and another friends wife does. From what I've heard of their raid group the demographic is pretty wide.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
On my first day of UO I opened a box and died, told my friend his game was poo poo and didn't play for 3 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texibus
May 18, 2008
He probably just pays himself an absurd amount to be an officer of the company. Doesn't need to do anything shady.