Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Canuckistan posted:

So I was a kickstarter funder but I've never installed any of the betas or paid much attention to the updates.. Are we talking Star Citizen level of boondoggle here, or just a lovely game that's taking too long and will never be completed?

I'm in the same boat, I installed some alpha version years ago and there wasn't anything to do and none of it made any sense so I put it down but have sorta kept an eye on it. It doesn't sound like it's gotten much better besides being a whale farm for people who want to buy virtual plots of land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I had no idea what I was doing as a dumb kid and wandered around until I stumbled upon someones collapsed home and stole their ship. So I spent a lot of time sailing that boat around until I was PK'ed and lost my boat and was very sad.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes you look at a Kickstarter game and you immediately know it's just one guy who went thru a Unity tutorial to create a basic RPG template and then spent 40 hours hand placing stock assets on a single map and thinks they can make a game out of it. Garriott is so disconnected from modern game development he doesn't even recognize that and instead puts his seal of approval on it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't think they understand the concept of surfing.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Richard Garriott who is definitely still working on SotA and hasn't already completely forgotten that it exists, please answer for this obvious IP theft.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I didn't know the Unity store sold deep sea expedition packages.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
PvP requires there to be other players in the game.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Remember Ultima Online?

*proceeds to throw thousands of dollars at NFTs

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
But really what is with all these NFT games touting it's a way to "be financially involved with the game". I don't want to be financially involved with my video games beyond a one time purchase, I'm not here trying to earn money I just want to play something fun.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Canuckistan posted:

I know which prediction I'd put money on.

It would be a real shame if we ever reach a point where SotA is considered in a zombie state.

oh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think Richard Garriotts new web3 game Iron & Magic might already be dead. I was trying to find their website but it just links to a Facebook page that was last updated in July.