Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
The fact that MMO albatross Alexander DeLarge made the thread is all you really need to know about Shards of the Ancients or whatever this Game as a Service (GaaS) is called.

e: Alex rules btw

boho fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

SweetBro posted:

Is this worth playing yet?

no

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I too respect the hell out of Lum and it makes overtly hating on SOTA that much harder, but boy, this game is still loving garbage. It feels like I funded a bunch of old manchildren's retirement adventures, not a game that's playable, let alone enjoyable.

I'm not convinced SOTA is an intentional scam though. Nothing has indicated they have the management talent or self-control required for something so calculated and cynical.