Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lolasaurusrex
Feb 8, 2013

Logged in today to have a look. Think it's been 3 years since I bought it purely to give some money to Ultima-man, figuring that two months from release all they can have left to do is polish and optimisation passes, right?

I can't even be angry, I just feel sorry for the folks that had to implement this mess. The game is just embarrassing. It looks like a bloody student project. Everything is so loving janky and brown. Every line of text is either a cliche or absolute nonsense...

The combat is the cherry on the cake. I play MUDs that have more gameworld feedback in their combat systems than this game does.

There are literally zero-budget, two man projects that are significantly better than this. Even in the same engine (check out Project Gorgon for a good example).

God drat. How does the guy that made Ultima 7 turn around and make this? I wouldn't even put this monstrosity to my name if I was RG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU