Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
"User Interface Polish: We were able to polish various aspects of the user interface, as well as implement major new features such as the ability to separate chat into multiple windows! We also implemented the first iteration of Discord integration which, while still only rudimentary, is already quite powerful! Additionally, we added a “Private Property” tooltip to help prevent accidental thefts, improved tooltips for equipment that indicates the type of pattern that can be applied, autocomplete for the “/w” whisper command (a player suggestion), and a host of other improvements."

Holy poo poo everyone, redownload this game now!

We can separate chat into MULTIPLE WINDOWS!!!!!

10/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Percelus posted:

will this game finally be the embarrassment that ends richard garriott's career or will it just take lum the mad's?

:lol:

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Any chance this project gets sued? Or will it actually beat Star Citizen out of the gate?

Sued for what?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I was being comical because other high profile beleaguered kickstarter game with macro-transactions, "Star Citizen", is now facing a large lawsuit from CryTek.

ahhh I see now.
For some reason I was thinking the people who bought this game might Sue garriot and co because the game is a steaming pile of poo poo.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

TheAgent posted:

it's more the latter, which everyone saw coming

the core game is crap, mechanics are crap, content is crap. how people continue to keep the dream alive by buying $50 asset flip outhouses, I dunno

:agreed:

March 27th 2018 is when they fully release the game.
Can't wait to see how this pans out.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Challenger launched as well

:drat:

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Node posted:

The music, it's great!

Just curious Node, are you playing this game?

If you are, tell us how it's going.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Gildiss posted:

A few clicks to uninstall it.

:laugh:

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 12:06 on May 23, 2018

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

TheAgent posted:

hey lum you wanna come in here and explain just what the gently caress is going on with this trainwreck?

thanks

I think he's busy playing LOTRO instead of SOTA.

Which pretty much speaks for itself...

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Gawain The Blind posted:

I'm really sad that this is the game Garriott shipped.

I really do think the guy is talented. I just don't know why he didn't get a couple other talented people and vanish into a room for six months and put out a cool indie 2D single player rpg with some weird lore and a unique setting. If Lord British made something along the lines of the spiderweb software games, I would buy the poo poo out of that. Instead we get this... thing. Whatever it is. What a waste.

edit:

I'm interested in this to the point where I preordered it, but the weird races and classes are sort of disturbing. Not in a "wow, that's really strange" kind of way, but in a "You guys didn't really bother with your world building at all, did you?" kind of way. Most of the race and class descriptions read like they were written by somebody's fifteen year old cousin who "plays that Dungeons and Dragons game." It's really stilted and fan-fictiony. Here is the actual discription of the "Stonehealer" class from the website:

code:
Only in the land of the Vikings would anyone throw rocks at people in order to heal them. 
While it is unfair that some claim Stonehealers are men and women who have fallen on 
their heads too often, it is true that being a Stonehealer does come with certain unique 
risks to the healers themselves. They are certainly among the most stubborn, thick-skulled 
defenders of the Realm!
This is a real game people are being paid real money to make for real. A real, professional game with real people working on it. In a real studio. This is the real lore for a real class of a real game from a real studio. This real class from a real designer of a real game throws rocks at people to heal them.

Most of this is because the diehards of DAoC ended up only caring about the RvR part of the game, and were only concerned with the mechanical aspect of it. In the end of its heyday nobody gave a poo poo about history or quests or any of the huge amount of poo poo they had built into the pve portion of the game. So when it came time to make a new version, they just scrapped all the stuff nobody played anymore and top-loaded the RvR and that's what this game is. So game lore basically just has to be... there. It has to fill a space where people would expect game lore to be. The target audience for camelot unchained only cares about the mechanics of the class. "Okay, ranged hitbox healer. Check." So I get it.

But it's still loving clown shoes.

I always wondered how they were gonna balance all those classes and races in CU.

And yea the descriptions do read really goofy..

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

HungryMedusa posted:

They should have let Richard go, it's not like he's doing much.

Godspeed Lum.

:( Lum

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

IncredibleIgloo posted:

What is the state of the game now days? Does it still have running servers?

No servers

Just one server. (population around 22 on a Friday night.)

The game continues to get hilariously worse each patch.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Canuckistan posted:

I wonder if we should just :goon: the server and see what happens.

Yes.

Edit: All of these "Known Issues" have been around since early alpha.

Just so that any of you download the game, you know what your getting yourself into...

----
Known Issues (there's alot more)
----

Graphical and Visual Effects (VFX)
Certain emotes and animation state transitions can cause certain equipped items to momentarily disappear.
Camera target may move down toward the ground after dismounting from a mount. Reloading the scene fixes this.
Mount animations can look incorrect after changing mount types (i.e. from horse to stag). Reloading the scene fixes this.
Snow (and some rain) can still be observed falling into buildings, particularly on lower graphics settings.
LOD (level of detail) objects are still being implemented, so players may occasionally experience objects visually “popping” in and out of existence, or between visual states.
Some armor and clothing items from different sets will sort through one another.
Cloth simulation causing certain wearables to look strange.

Connectivity
Steam: Players may be unable to restart the game client from Steam if any window or browser was opened from within the game client (such as using the in-game features to submit a bug on our forums). Steam will recognize the open browsers/windows as the client is still running. Closing these windows or restarting Steam will work around this issue.
Launcher sometimes cannot apply an update patch. (This issue can sometimes be troubleshooted by having the game client closed while patching. Also, make sure you have enough disk space to download and apply the patch.)
The following firewall ports must be open for the Launcher and Game Client to run properly.
Launcher:
TCP Port 5074
UDP Port 55721
UDP Port 6881
Game Service:
UDP 5054
UDP 5055
UDP 5056
UDP 5057
UDP 5058
UDP 5059

Performance
The client may crash as you exit the game while playing offline. :lol:
There are numerous issues that exist with Cloth Simulation related to Unity 2018, including observed drops in performance. Cloth simulation can be disabled from within the video settings to improve this experience.
Some virus programs with outdated libraries may attempt to quarantine essential game files, mistakenly identifying them as threats. This can have significant effects, including the client not starting at all. We recommend keeping antivirus programs updated frequently as they address problems. Workarounds include reinstalling and launching the client with the aggressive antivirus software disabled, or whitelisting the game directory in the antivirus list of exceptions.
Low client performance and bad framerates can influence resurrection timers, making them last longer than their intended duration.
The client may crash while exiting the game while the avatar is Dead/Ghosted. :wtf:
Players may be unable to interact with objects via double-click if their framerate is low. A workaround is to use the “E” interaction key.
Memory leaks can occur when changing scenes. To the Overworld especially. (Restarting the client may resolve this issue.)
Crashing has been tied to issues with DX11 for some, but not all, players.
There may be framerate issues and slowdown in game, as optimizations are ongoing. :hurr:

---
There's a whole 2 pages of this...
---

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 1, 2021

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Shroud of the Avatar: Game crashes on launch.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

I wonder if anyone on Shorud plays PvP.

If no, why?

If yes, what?

I've never touched PvP, it looks like a hot mess

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

I booted up sota last night so see what's up with this thing.
It's really odd, I mean, it's poo poo for sure.
I rescued a girl from a burning house, she then followed me and she was killing skeletons for some reason, then I clicked on a boat and the game just ditched the girl and now I am in a camp in the middle of nowhere.
wtf

You actually handed off the girl if you spoke to that guy (edward?) by the boat.
Follow the trail to the right and it'll lead ya to where the captain is that you need to speak to

The game gets really weird/buggy like after you make it to the captain camp, any or all NPC's you speak to will follow you around for about 20 mins for no reason at all..
The game doesn't hold your hand, which it kind of nice, but it also falls hard on it's face in a lot of areas.

Not too sure of they took it out, but iirc most or all vendors work on a schedule.
Got a bag load of unused weapons you want to sell? Head to the town merchant.
He's asleep?
Then wait 4 real hours till he wakes.

I don't know about anyone else but the NPC Dialouge System had to be the most annoying thing ever put in a game.

also if anyone was wondering, you can max out ALL your skills and crafting.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 9, 2021

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

FrostyPox posted:

This game is free on Steam. If I just play the offline mode and pretend it's a really mediocre, at best, if I'm being kind, single-player RPG will I miss out on anything due to not playing it online? I'm not terribly interested in playing another MMO right now tbh.

The little girl suddenly spawning as a second version of herself to follow me while the other character model stayed in the burning house was a nice touch that inspires confidence as to the quality of this game.

In Online Mode you'll run into more abandoned houses than players.

your not missing anything.

On a funnier note, i got banned from the Steam discussion thread for SOTA.

I called the game a steaming pile of poo poo.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

FrostyPox posted:

It's only like 10GB so I still have it installed. Maybe if I get bored of whatever games I happen to be playing right now I'll dick around in SotA for a laugh. I mean, I played through the entirety of Daikatana once, so why not this awful thing as well?

Daikatana was better...

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

I bought the 40 dollar version and i got my 40 bucks watching this pile of poo poo game sink quicker than a submarine with screen doors.

Why sue them?

They have 11 active players, and no money to speak of.

Just shut it down already.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Node posted:

I like to laugh at people, especially when they're myself, so I looked through my post history in this thread. I think I found the moment where I (lost my poo poo/saw the light): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3785234&pagenumber=25&perpage=40#post472989670

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3785234&pagenumber=25&perpage=40#post473186813

Your not alone Node..

Legend's Of Aria... :ughh:

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 1, 2022

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

yoloer420 posted:

Good news everyone! Some episode 2 content is about to be released!

Episode 2 Access holders?

What is that? Is that a subscriber or something?

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Apr 10, 2022

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Cardboard Fox posted:

How large is this community?

On a good night there's about 30 people on

(theres rarely a good night in this game)

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Reciprocator posted:

I am playing this

Hey if you see Lord British hanging around in game tell him alot of us still havent received our early backer gift or whatever..

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

How are they even paying for their server costs for this game..?

Assuming the one guy still working at Catnip games doesn't run the whole game off a prebuilt dell in his sister's garage...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

I like how Richard Garriot is a grown man, yet he still insist on wearing a crown in pretty much every picture of him ever taken..