Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

DancingShade posted:

I had 36k so I self funded and made "Paladis Paladins" as a guild. No way I was going to make a typical goon sounding guild.

You're welcome to make another guild of course. Anyone with 25k to burn can do it and you don't need a party or anything.

Yep, just add Dancing Shade or Alexander DeLarge or Node's character with the weird name and send a whisper to join the guild.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Lobus posted:

What level is needed to run through the Tower?

Get 4 guys together and do it when you have decent weapon skills (100 I'd say). It's very difficult to quantify what "level" you should be to do any content in the game, just do it when you feel comfortable.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
If you want cool cosmetics and poo poo, spend $5 on the store today.

$10,000: /aeroplane emote
$25,000: ? and ! Hats
$35,000: Aeronaut Outfit
$50,000: Accordion musical instrument
$65,000: Mini Automaton Pet
$80,000: Baby Clockwork Dragon Pet
+ More if we go beyond!

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

30.5 Days posted:

Don't forget, random sales throughout the day. I'm personally waiting for us to get 20% off wings so I can get some clockwork wings for $8 & get all these fabulous prizes

I got a viking rowboat decoration for my house in viking city. Doesn't make much sense since I'm nowhere near the waterfront but ¯\_(シ)_/¯

Also, you didn't do last telethon? You get these clockwork wings (different but still cool)

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 22, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I am incredibly happy with that telethon.

Jimlit posted:

I'd have dropped $5 if it was like, "will finish unfinished scenes"

They're already doing that :^)

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Keep in mind that crafting+adventuring XP is completely separate so don't avoid crafting because it's not "one or the other"

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Unctuous Cretin posted:

Is there benefit to focusing on a few skills rather than just doing everything?

I guess that applies to adventure and crafting, but I'm thinking of craft specifically.

Maintaining all of those skills would be a bitch

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
When the expand permissions, I'll let you guys use my vendor and just pocket a low percentage (used to buy obnoxious amounts to drive in more business). It's only a matter of time until we get neon signs at this rate.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node posted:

Is there a way or a place I can see the interiors of the Shingle Village House with Overhang, and the Small Old Keep? I'm trying to decide between the two, and every time I see a player owned one, its locked.

Portalarium sent out an email with R33 notes, and they sound nice. Path of Love stuff is getting the most attention, although Estgard is getting a makeover, as planned. I like how certain areas of the game that are PvP flagged will not be able to be circumvented by playing through Single Player or Friends Online. It sounds like they know the risk of PvP was one of the essentials that made UO great. Although they will allow people to go quickly through these areas, like the teleporter dudes at the passes. Loot is going to be more interesting too. Smashing crates might give you something, high level elves have a chance at dropping elven weapons, bosses have loot.

Pretty impressive stuff. Are releases planned to happen each month? If so, this game is headed in a great direction.

Yep, they've been putting out releases every single month since 2013. Don't think they've missed a single date.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Unctuous Cretin posted:

Anyone who didn't pledge high enough to get a house: in-game lottery for property lots starts with this release tomorrow.

Be prepared to pay the upkeep (lmao gently caress that).

Row: 500 gold per day
Village: 1000 gold per day
Town: 2000 gold per day
City: 3500 gold per day

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Aug 25, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Took a bit of advice from Karl Pilkington, better to live in the hole looking at the palace than live in the palace looking at the hole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4gruB3lH6g

When I said this, I was thinking I'd be across from a small castle or maybe even one of those viking keeps, not this iron monstrosity.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Unctuous Cretin posted:

I like it. I think in the long-term it's going to be a good spot to be in. We're a minute's walk from Brittany (so easy access to the Hidden Vale) and Eastreach Gap is only slightly farther, so easy access to Ardoris. Being part of the Valhold/Resolute/HIghvale storyline will also guarantee a pretty regularly flow of traffic for those of us with vendors.

This. I'm not worried about it. I mean, if Central Brittany ever opens up, I'll move but other than that I'm staying.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Lobus posted:

I know, I just have regrets about not getting a house.

:negative:

Don't, it's not useful for anything but additional storage and decoration (hopefully they allow permissions to let guilds decorate guild houses)

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node posted:

Where is the key of arcane power in the Tower of the Shuttered Eye? The OP says its in a clickable stone behind one of the statues on the first floor. I can't find it and I hate pixel hunting. I noticed one of the statues has an odd stone on its base behind it, but I can't click on it.

Also these elite skeletal mages are ridiculously difficult.

It's behind the statue near the right end of the statue, don't remember what side of the room it's on though.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node posted:

Ugh. I'm probably going to need a screenshot. I'm bad at video games, and looking at things.

Is the loot even worth it up top?

Definitely. You can run it in 15 minutes.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node posted:

Be my hero and take a screenshot of this stupid thing to click I CANT FIND IT HELP

Since you're cool, I'll spend the 15 minutes to get over there but I expect some :a2m: in the eRP dungeon later.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node posted:

What the gently caress? I was literally staring at that thing. I can't click on it. Nothing happens.

Either I'm missing a step here or it's bugged.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I'm glad everyone stayed because this looks great.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node posted:

If we can cut off the chains keeping that ugly rear end zeppelin grounded it'd be even better.

I'm going to rename my vendor and leave him rude messages about him and his property. I'm sure he'll see it.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
If you're a backer receiving physical goods, make sure you give them your address on the account page.

Don't want to miss out on your signed Richard Garriott deeds.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Akion posted:

Is there a penalty for stealing stuff from NPC houses/shops?

Don't think so yet. Though NPCs do acknowledge it with "HEY THAT'S MINE!".

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Think I'm going to wait for a couple releases before I hop back on to be honest. I know I've seen maybe a percent of what the game has to offer but I think my overall experience would be better for waiting.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node posted:

At least rename your vendor to insult that ugly rear end airship across the street from you.

Will do.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Unctuous Cretin posted:

I'd also be happy to trade my row lot for a tax free city or town. Castle if I have to.

I'd rather have a row lot than a city lot.

Edit: Nvm I confused city lots with castles.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Jesus.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Holy gently caress

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
It seems the airship man has been undeterred my mockery.... And another Star Citizen has appeared outside our city walls.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
HOAs should be a thing. Get rid of rude players, get rid of unsightly properties. Has this ever been suggested to the devs?

I wish they took the approach of giving people "themed properties" which were only usable in designated towns so if you put down a property in Britanny, you'd be able to choose between founder/royal/public tiered generic medieval homes, and if you were to go to Ardoris, you'd be dealing with Asian-themed properties and so on.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Sep 30, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
If the community doesn't want a bunch of airships and lighthouses all over the place, why shouldn't they have some sort of recourse? I know people are only using what they bought for $400 but I'm annoyed by the fact that there's no thematic enforcement whatsoever. These towns would look (and perform) so much better if there wasn't unrestricted assets to whatever assets are in the game.

Speaking of assets, come on. If you're going to sell virtual houses, at least have it be custom made. I can buy all of the "adobe" buildings directly off the asset store for $50 (plus all sorts of environment props/textures/stuff that you'd need to make a game set in the Middle East) yet a single part of that content pack is being sold for $100. These adobe houses don't look like they belong in Shroud anyways.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085#tab-homes

If I were to redesign the system, backers would get homes according to their deeds and tiers so for example there'd be a benefactor/founder/royal founder medieval lot/village/town/city home and the same goes for the Viking/Asian/Desert themes etcetera. The store would also sell premium housing that would be locked down to certain themes meaning you wouldn't be able to place a Druid tree house in a barren desert. Houses bought with in game currency would be locked in the same way. This way, when you walk into Estgard it looks like a viking village and not a viking village with a bunch of random poo poo everywhere.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

yoloer420 posted:

I've got a four story row house (standard) with woven Elven houses on the rest of the row. I'm not gonna buy a new house to blend in. But.... If someone wanted to buy me a four story elf house I'd be willing to blend in.

If they designed the system with this in mind from the beginning, you would have gotten an elvish row house. I wish they thought this through in the beginning because when I walk into Estgard, I don't see a viking village, I see a viking village with a bunch of random poo poo thanks to the community lots. I do understand the irony of this since I have an Edelmann home, I just wish they gave me something that would have fit in.

They could still have premium housing, it just needs to be locked down to whatever environment it fits in with.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node posted:

What are some irritating abc files I can play? I have the Jeopardy! theme song, but I want more.

And flute is the most annoying instrument, right?

When I want to get someone off the piano in Soltown, I go upstairs and start playing Mr Self Destruct by Nine Inch Nails

They get up real quick.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Release 35 came out today, how is it?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I think an exception can be made when it's 50% off but if it's between this and a finished game, get the finished game.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=3294f6954bc80c513f5e4a631&id=e3f02a689d&e=abc870557b
Free trial from today until the 9th.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I'm regretting this.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Valatar posted:

Honest question here, do you still have cash in Ashes of Creation? Because you shouldn't have cash in Ashes of Creation. It's a scam. You have seven hours. Get your money out.

Go big or go home
Just kidding I cancelled my pledge which will go to a space jpeg if I like Star Citizen 3.0 later this month

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Shroud of the Avatar sure is eating away at those billion dollar publisher's sales numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I hope this means I'll get my signed land deed by LB now. Having some physical stuff would lessen the blow a bit.