Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Gonna reinstall.

I assume archer nerds are still kinda lovely? Gotta sorta multiclass to do well if I remember right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

So I shall be then. So I shall be. An Archster.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lol @ the recipe for arrows. God drat it, videogames.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Node posted:

Trip report: ran from Brittany (it took me a long rear end time to figure out the exit to the city is... a balloon?) to Ardoris. Ardoris is pretty but has pretty much no NPCs to speak of. Went to Soltown as the OP suggested, got a quest from a refugee that wants her silver necklace back. I went to the graveyard looking for it, entered the catacombs, killed a bunch of skeletons and thugs. One of the thugs dropped a key that let me open a room that had a secret door and some lovely chest at the end.

I feel like I'm in the wrong place.

Whats your name ingame? I"m Dandy Walken. We should meet up and have a misadventure.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ardois is next yeah.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

So do sandbox style MMO games by default require a really really grindy skill progression system? I know it won't change at this point, but loving poo poo.

No, I don't want to grind blinding shot to level forty so I can unlock my AoE ability, Lord British.

A thousand arrows weighs 80lbs ingame and my weight limit is 95 atm. I get a point of Ranged skill about every 1500 arrows or so at level 56.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 7, 2016

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

As an archer, should I bother with one of the stances? Or just default and kite?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

30.5 Days posted:

Man I burned through those perennial coast quests fast. It's kinda tough because I feel like the loop for leveling is SUPPOSED to be do quests to build up a buffer of XP and then burn it grinding against easier-to-kill mobs. But no content = no buffer = extended engagements against orange mobs with some really loving obnoxiously short leashes.

Yeah, I loving HATE the leash ranges on most mobs in this. Whats worst of all, is they dont fully leash back to their original spot when they lose aggro. You'll find em sorta loitering off on their own, engage, and suddenly they turbo run back to their original spawn point because you NOW crossed their leash range.

They need to return to their spawn when de-aggro'd IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Node posted:

I just logged in to refresh my house. I last played in August? I think. In the fifteen minute journey from Elysium Mines to my house in Estgard I noticed that there are roaming encounters on the world map, moving poo poo around in your inventory makes sounds now, bandits sound different, and women NPCs make weird sounds at random.

The loving 'worried' sound effect with the hand wringing is terrible. Sounds like a giant mosquito.