Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
:parrot:
So the only way to currently grab a house is with one of the $200 or higher pledges? You cant just grab the base package and then one of the stand alone $25 houses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
What are people liking for mele?

sword and board? pole arms?

Does a two handed sword count as a blade weapon?

And how do you unlearn skills?

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
Polearms are awesome, found the catacombs/sewers underneath Soltown and gave them thugs and skellies what for.

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?

adomorn posted:

The highlight was a point in the catacombs with my two friends that I had made from before. We came to a room that required a key, but we had found one on a corpse earlier, which fit the lock. After opening the door, there was a pretty standard set of mobs. We were disappointed, but I decided to try to open the barrel in the room, which turned out to be a mimic. After killing that, I figured there was something off, and went around looking for interactive... one torch opened a secret passageway in the wall and we continued. The end result was a bunch of mobs protecting a chest which had a bunch of gold and a helm in it that was an upgrade for me.

I had no idea one of the barrels in that room was a mimic, I only found the chest mimic in the branch to the right just before the room with the skeletons.

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Hey, if you guys want the guild, we're gonna need to do a fundraiser. I have 10,000. If you have a couple thousand to toss my way, please do. I'm going to do some Tower of the Shuttered Eye runs to make a little more today and tomorrow.

What level is needed to run through the Tower?

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?

D-Pad posted:

What does the demon with 12k hp in the Soltown catacombs drop? He is the first boss type mob I have seen.

Is that through the gate with all the red and orange baddies?

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Pole arms are great once you learn how to use them. Only melee weapons that can hit multiple targets too.

I have been looking around but I haven't really found a combat guide for Polearms. Do you have any tips? I find that sometimes fights are over incredibly quick, and other times I get beaten down by a yellow and have to run for it.

Also I added you Alexander, tried to send a whisper but I must have just missed you. In game name is Londo Mollari.

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?

What is happening
:psypop:

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?

Akion posted:

I bought into this awful game because I am a sucker for nostalgia and UO ruined my childhood.

Right now I'm building my char into a Polearms + Heavy Armor dude with Healing and Water spells cause I guess those combo with polearms. Is this a dumb idea?

How viable is it to make money gathering resources? I'm guessing I have to have a house if I want a vendor?

I was doing the same thing but with fire stuff. Polearm and water have working combos? I'll have to look into that.

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
They need to lower the rent, make it hourly like SWG did. The rent in this game looks like they just asked RNGessus what it should be.

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?

DancingShade posted:

It's literally the first pass. I imagine it'll change several times as the economy gets tuned.

I know, I just have regrets about not getting a house.

:negative:

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
How are you handling combat? Are you using / having luck with the random shuffle decks, or are people using mostly the locked decks? Also is it not possible to use combos playing with a locked deck?

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?

PMB posted:

I'm using half and half. my fixed slots are my root (gently caress archers), heals, strength buff and defensive stance, while the remaining slots are unlocked and have just my damage skills being drawn.
With a locked deck you can't use combo's or stack abilities.
Defensive stance really helps. The -20% attack speed seems to apply to only autoattacks so if your spamming your abilities then the effect is negligible.

Unctuous Cretin posted:

Read this. It's a more in-depth explanation of what PMB is saying.

Understanding that will propel to a much more enjoyable and playable combat game.

Awesome, I will have to try this out tonight.

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
So is this game fairly dead at this point? I had played it years ago, and the idea of player cities seemed cool. I tried playing it again recently and all I found where abandoned cities full of vendors that have overpriced items from years ago. Also in these same empty cities the game really bogs down, its almost impossible to get around.