Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Can I have your stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Seeing new posts made me check out the game on Steam

I have zero clue why but :lol:

Don’t be coy, we know you were messing with the SoTA .cfg files.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Gynovore posted:

Sounds about right. I'm guessing that about half of those people played a lot in college/twenties, and are now professionals. They only play a few hours a month, but $100 a year is no biggie when you make $70K.

EDIT: I'm still willing to bet that Anarchy Online has only a few hundred subscribers, no bullshit. It never was a great game, it only had the good fortune to get in a few years before WoW obliterated everything.

I agree. I was a hardcore AO player when I had no job and it was most of my social life.

It was decent, had plenty of skill/build customization and skill based pvp. Tower battles worked with a few dozen players, but got bogged down by lag with bigger numbers. But most of the MMO systems were derivative as it tried to catch up with Star Wars Galaxies and WoW. Graphics were sub par too.

Eventually my friends all left and I saw no motivation to stay.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Freakazoid_ posted:

Creating a virtual investment simulator is a fool's errand. You have to make a fun, functional video game first.

Well depends on the perspective: if you just want to make money, it's working fine for Earth 2 and other devs.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Node posted:

Lord British abandoned this game quite some time back.

I’m not well versed on this game’s history. Has he ever played it live?

I’m not hopeful, but Chris Roberts played Star Citizen live and it was one of the best moments in gaming history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe the art was stolen after all. Is Ryan Archer still part of the gang?