Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
Whats the quickest way to get to Estgard from Brittany/Soltown area? Any ships or do I need to go via nightshade pass?
I've got a village lot in Elad's lighthouse but it's quite far from the bank/crafting pavillion. If theres still some good spots in estgard I will move there instead.
I'm ingame as "Shodan Andfriends"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

DancingShade posted:

Go North a bit from Brittany then go West all the way (just follow the road) and catch a boat from Harvest on the coast.

The boat is on the overworld but you can also take a second boat actually inside Harvest that drops you off at the Estgard docks.

Thank you. Got there and placed my lot.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
Apparently using your lute to play back to back renditions of the bubble bobble and super mario world theme tunes by a group of RPers is upsetting and "ruins the ambience".

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
I say stick with Estgard for now. So much is changing and the original reasons for moving there are still the same......well apart from that monstrosity that sits opposite Alex's place.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
Went to the shuttered eye with Aidle the other day. Missed the key, found the lich. Didn't have quite the damage to take him down so died a few times legging it back down the stairs. Was just missing the yakkety-sax music...

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
I'm using half and half. my fixed slots are my root (gently caress archers), heals, strength buff and defensive stance, while the remaining slots are unlocked and have just my damage skills being drawn.
With a locked deck you can't use combo's or stack abilities.
Defensive stance really helps. The -20% attack speed seems to apply to only autoattacks so if your spamming your abilities then the effect is negligible.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
Ok, so got to the stage where I can handle 3 elder wolves in a 5 skull (if a 4th joins I leg it), and still get skill and xp pool increases, but grinding wolves isn't great on the money front as leather doesn't seem in great demand.
Suggestions on somewhere a bit more profitable?
Also if anyones online during EU timezone add "shodan andfriends" to your friend list if you want to do some grouping for control points or dungeons.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
I'm using meteoric iron sheets (+item dmg resistance), bronze fittings (+weapon dmg/+item dmg resistance) and supple leather bindings (+crit) for my epic plate set and then bronze head/maple handles for my great axes/hammers/etc for +14% crit on the weapon.
I looked at the white iron bits but was like meh, fixed increase to health, not percentage? Pass on that.
While I've managed to craft a couple of expert pieces (or w/e it is called when you get +50 durability), I've not tried to level enchanting/masterworking yet, will do that at a later time (though my blacksmith skill is now 79 and carpentry 76).
I also initially crafted a load of meteoric bindings, before realising that what I really should be using was bronze bindings with meteoric iron sheets.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
So today I.

Crafted my first two handed sword. Bronze blade, copper hilt.
Which critted and got that exceptional +50% durability thingymabob.
So I thought sod it and mastercrafted it.
Which worked.
So our newest guild member, while looking like a hobo with his wanky leather armour, is wielding a giant bronze death dealing sword of awesomeness.
He's still going to die to a gnats fart but he'll look great when he goes.

Also if you let that sword break i will hunt you down irl and skull gently caress you.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

30.5 Days posted:

It used to have good stuff I believe but then they wiped it because people were speed-running for cash.

So, hi, learned some poo poo in the discord channel today:

- The "item resistance" stat provided by iron & provided extra via meteoric iron is actually a % increase to the "resistance" value of your gear, which is a good stat. A really good stat. If you take a full hit, the damage is reduced by the absorption % of your gear, up to a maximum of the resistance value. That means that increasing your resistance value is key to getting good value from your gear's absorption at high levels.
- Chain is flat better than plate. Plate has 9% more avoidance (which is quite good), and ~15% higher absorption (which is quite good at first and then becomes irrelevant once mob damage starts to get some distance from your resist value). But not only does chain have better resistance, but it has much, much lower fizzle and many high level spells provide better defensive stats than plate.
- Also, coils & sheets provide the same stats to gear, despite sheets costing 50% more materials. Also, a suit of epic chain has more coils than a suit of epic plate has sheets, meaning a full suit of chain has a higher +% resistance than a full suit of plate. And since it provides more resistance to begin with, chain is just flat better.
- Also atos apparently makes balance judgment based on player behavior and since plate is still more popular by a lot, he expressed an intent to buff chain in the near future a few days ago on discord.

So don't use plate, it's really dumb.

Haven't been able to find the recipes in or out of game for the epic chain set, only the standard or augmented sets. Anyone got a link to them? Usual sites of sotacraft and the wiki have no reference to them that I can find.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
Lot of NPC's are already calling me "name" because I don't read what they first write as I'm typing name, job and help.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
Spectral mines is good for iron and the Hardened skeleton mobs there are good xp /cash (as you know already!) Plus a farmable lich. Also it's very easy to access from the Soltown sewer.. Haven't been to verdithingy yet though.

At this point I wouldn't make a set of epic plate, i'd make a set of augmented chain mail instead. You get more resist and damage, better cast chance at the cost of avoidance, plus it's a lot cheaper to make (2 ingots per metal coil, as compared to 3 ingots per metal sheet).
I made a suit with meteoric iron metal coils (+item damage resistance), bronze fittings (+ weapon damage) and hardened leather straps (+ weapon damage), works well with a +crit weapon.
Alchemy shouldn't take that long to level, i'm guessing you have ridiculous amounts of corpse wax which you can use to make potions. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

Node posted:

Do you have that link you mentioned of maps of dungeons? I don't know how to get to Spectral Mines from the catacombs, I just know where it is on the world map.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/sewer-catacomb-and-mine-maps.30178/