Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Node posted:

Hail to the King, baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
uo was the greatest game of all time and IPY the greatest server.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lum_ posted:

Yeah, I'm fine. And woah nelly, glad I haven't been involved in any of this stuff the past 4 years.

:worship:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
did the castles even have a courtyard in the middle into which you could recall? shameful if not.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
gating my friends into my castle courtyard which is rife with energy vortices, blade spirits, and firewalls and then trapping their ghosts there with boxes, for the lulz

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

zwdzk posted:

Richard Garriott invented the metaverse and created the first metaverse to sell NFTs. He's a visionary and deserves our respect.

yep

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
first time i went to the terathan keep outside papua was epic & very scary. there were mages on the walls killing ophids with blade spirits, firewalls, energy bolts. get through the ophid path and you see the spiders. holy poo poo. i stood next to my friend behind some plants while he xbowed them. people uses boxes and such to keep the little platforms safe from the teras. when the queen spawned (casts flame strike sometimes) that was a big fear. use hide skill for sure until that baddie was done. years later i could farm balrons with over 9000 summoned deamons. amazing game.

went to see a play at the brit theatre. drank some ale. wow.

later i would become a renowned duelist. well, not renowned actually - more like Dread. Mwahahaha. ph43r meh n00bies

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

JugbandDude posted:

I’m not well versed on this game’s history. Has he ever played it live?

I’m not hopeful, but Chris Roberts played Star Citizen live and it was one of the best moments in gaming history.

i highly doubt anything chris roberts did was the best of anything history, but im open to being proven wrong. let me know and/or ideally link me something.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Rexxed posted:

I was sad when EA put the corpse of OSI up on display as Origin their game downloading service.

drat im so stupid i never put this together lol. fukken RIP

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I really want EA to make a new Ultima, and Wing Commander game as a gently caress you to Garriot, and Chris.

uo: outlands is as close as we're gonna get to UO:2 and hell, it owns.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
no jukka and meer tho, alas. maybe some day? luthius? thoughts? :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I’ve got a “shroud” for ya right here [stuffs all remaining players into a burlap sack and throws it into the river]