Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
So I was a kickstarter funder but I've never installed any of the betas or paid much attention to the updates.. Are we talking Star Citizen level of boondoggle here, or just a lovely game that's taking too long and will never be completed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Thursday Next posted:

I want my $40 back.

I want my $75 back. Someone shoot me.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Blast of Confetti posted:

I'm playing as Lard Brexit with some friends if anyone else is still playing

OK, honest opinion time. What's good about it? Sell me!

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
Did Sea of Thieves ever get more content? I remember at launch people saying that it was fun for a dozen hours or so, then got repetitive as hell and unfun.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

Basically the game is on its last legs and will shut down soon. Going free to play this quickly is always a bad sign.

Wasn't that always the plan? f2p and make bucks off of micro-transactions?

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
Is there any way to sell Kickstarter items for real cash? I've not logged into the game and I bought in at the $75 crafter level (Kickstarter never again!). I assume there's some in game items that I'm supposed to have.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
Was it taken straight from the Unity asset store?

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

IncredibleIgloo posted:

It sounded like Snoop wanted to play minecraft with him as well. Snoop seems to be a pretty good dude.

His weed is loving expensive. Our legal pot-shop wants close to 18 bucks for a gram.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
Last chance for someone to buy my 75 dollar Kickstarter account! Never used!

Kickstarting a game - never again

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
Absolutely. Garriot is one of the few designers who had name recognition from that early time of PC video games. Off the top of my head would be Lord British, Peter Molyneux, Roberta Williams, Will Wright, John Carmack, John Romero, and Sid Meier. I think anyone involved in modern gaming would follow these guys, assuming they were working in good faith and not trying to grift whales for cryptocurrency.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

TheAgent posted:

wasting away again in boomeritaville
sucking on that m m o salt
some people say that theres a garriott to blame
but I know
its my own drat fault

I appreciate this..

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

Looked up some gameplay video of Corven, and we are not missing anything.

They haven't done their kickstarter yet. Wait until they get some cash and can afford the good Unity assets!

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
I still want my kickstarter money back :(

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
I wonder if we should just :goon: the server and see what happens.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
There must be a few huge whales left. I can't see them keeping it running otherwise.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
Free to play but you have to invest at least $1000 before you're part of the community.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Node posted:

Uuuughhhh reading the comments is so painful.

"SOTA Forums posted:

Some day on Richard Garriott's new game's forum, there will be a post that goes something like these examples:

- I know it seems technical and not so user friendly, but you may find Shroud of the Avatar, which is more user friendly to better fit your style of play.
- I'm having so much fun in this new content, but there's not enough of it yet, lets go play Shroud of the Avatar until the next instance get's added to this new game.
- This needs to be done exactly as it is on Shroud of the Avatar, come let me show you!

But if we don't become a catch all for this new venture, because the few leave and the multitudes of common game players were not more accomidated for before our technolians leave:

- You remember Shroud of the Avatar?
- Yes I hear it's having trouble keeping it's server going due to a lack of customers.
- Yes it's still in a zombie state, barely hanging on to it's life support.

One of these predictions will become true, it's which one, which is at issue here.

I know which prediction I'd put money on.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
I wonder if I can sell my items from my account. I never claimed anything from the Kickstarter $75 'crafter' level. Surely something in there is worth 10 bucks to a whale.

Edit - yes, I bought into the hype for $75. I consider it a cheap lesson into never pre-ordering or supporting Kickstarter games again.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Gynovore posted:

This is hilarious.

Let's be very charitable and assume that 25% of people play through Steam. That's still an average on 200 players at a time. That's... beyond sad.

The 'pirate' MMO I'm playing, City of Heroes, has 1928 players right now.

Oh snap, I didn't know CoH had been emulated. I didn't play for long but I do remember that falling graphics, like when you jumped off a building, gave me that wicked sinking sensation in my stomach. I should try it out again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
They need more squirrels on their team.