Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I didn't think this game would come out and I knew people who were working on it, haha

Time to install I gess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

I did some tutorial quest with a blood river and now I am in "Soltown" and don't really know what to do. All of the quest giving people tell me to go back to the blood river (I think?) but I dunno how.

Edit: When are the physical rewards coming out? Also do you only get a land parcel if you backed really high or something?

Capntastic fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Aug 14, 2016

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

How do I do the lottery or am I already entered? I only played for like an hour a week ago so I don't have anything

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Every newsletter is about some cash shop item and every time I've tried to log in and play it's so laggy and jittery that I couldn't even look good in a 20 dollar robe with a texture copy and pasted onto it if I tried

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Both times I played the game I could not tell what I needed to be doing, where I needed to go, or what my abilities were even doing in combat so my brain could not form any sort of interest response to anything that happened in Shroud of the Avatar

There's "game is rough and has problems and no clear signposting yet" and then there's "the game loop is so un-designed that it fails to elicit any sort of reaction from someone trying to play it".

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Apparently they have never shipped any of the physical rewards yet and basically are keeping the playerbase in suspense about if that will ever happen

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

yoloer420 posted:

Did you play UO?

I did. I even enjoyed it a lot! But Shroud should probably build on some of the sandbox gameplay ideas that have happened in the two decades since UO was birthed.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

yoloer420 posted:

He's selling his house? Crazy

He's gonna keep cycling between living in a castle and living in a spaceship forever, apparently.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Should have pledged more

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X1gC3BLq2w

Now paypal me hundreds of dollars

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Lum_ posted:

Top 8 List Of Why Lum Doesn't Post Here Any More:

8: Because "I don't post here in any official capacity" is respected about as often as Richard's sartorial choices?
7: Because extra stout mocked me in LOTRO?
6: Low tolerance for being screamed at incoherently?
5: Reddit has new, shinier hatred?
4: goons.txt
3: Because I literally cannot by law talk about anything investment related thanks to SEC rules?
2: Because, surprisingly, many people who post in these threads confuse "working somewhere" with "making all the decisions"?
1: I hate you?

Lum the Mad

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

He's the king of the castle AND a dirty rascal

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Did anyone tell Mr. British that people like loot in MMOs not lutes in broken toys?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Lum: Aaaaw Richieeeee

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

They fired a ton of the in house art team so they could streamline the buy Unity Assets and re-sell them to backers process.

The game looks like a jumbled mess of blurry poo poo and they’re running housing raffles constantly so you’re seeing people that own 30 or more housing slots in a game that isn’t launched yet

It’s not going to be a good game to play with friends

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Garriott, where’s my motherfucking cloth map?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

How many virtues has Richard Garriot profaned

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Schubalts posted:

Most of the population staying in Trammel really showed how much the players were "tolerating" the PvP of UO.

It would have been interesting if they did like the slightest bit of game design to implement advantages to doing activities in Felucca. Lord British, Primordial Ethical Hedonist Wizardmind is beyond such petty notions of risk and reward, of course.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

I know people that were on Shroud’s art team and oh wow were they excited and proud to uproot their families and move to to work with game dev legend Richard Garriot on his return to glory

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Portalarium Employee, working from home, submitting a code revision: I wish to lock this down haha

Serial Killer Inside their home: fethers

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

I enjoy that Richard Garriot developed this whole virtue system for being a Good Person with Ethical Hedonism and he has violated every aspect of it repeatedly.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

His self insert in all the games is a wise king who embodies virtue and in real life he got star sickness in a rocket ship and hoards numerous orreries in his Texas castle while his peasants farm unity assets until their hands are raw and skeletal

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Imagine living in a castle and eating soup with 9 friends at a fold out poker table... Come play, my lord

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Never forget that Richard Garriot, the real dude not his Lord British persona, wrote a moral mysticism text about “Ethical Hedonism” that tied into the virtues as laid out in his videogames/life’s work, and he consistently violates each aspect of it

Edit: He’s not just flubbing the ethics he’s not even doing good at hedonism I mean look at the above picture

Capntastic fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 10, 2019

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Snoop Dogg offered to hang out with Notch and play videogames and Notch said “no thank you”.

That is all you need to know.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

jabro posted:

Wait, what?

https://twitter.com/SnoopDogg/status/637666358751133696

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Should have gone full throttle into Adultima Online

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

ETA until Shroud’s next and final wipe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Cardboard Fox posted:

Wait, you're telling me this game was made by the Richard Garriot!?

Who?

Ohhhh Lord British!!

Capntastic fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 17, 2022