Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

With SCAM closed I can’t find the source but someone posted something about some pretty nasty RP going on? I’m hoping I’m misremembering or it was rumors but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s part of what’s keeping people on the server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

This update combined with the gross role playing going on makes all of this feel less sad at the idea of lonely Ultima fans in their 40s+ giving thousands to borderline scammers (I’m being gracious) to keep their favorite series alive and more disgusting at the thought it’s become a place to hide and harbor grooming for abuse. I know SA is long past trolling MMOs to cause chaos but oof.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Schubalts posted:

You'd think killing and eating an embodiment of the hopes and dreams of children would have some kind of negative consequences.

After the accusations of what kind of RP some players get up to in this game this is completely unsurprising.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I appreciate the article, it gives a good summary of what happened so anyone curious doesn’t have to dig into an old thread. These kind of “failed” crowdfunding game projects interest me so given it was whales who kept things going I’d imagine these people also have lawsuit money. Imagine telling a lawyer how you were scammed on this investment!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Didn’t the director or some other higher up with Final Fantasy recently say he wanted their MMO to be accessible in terms of *not* being a daily grind, peoples’ time was limited and he wanted them to be able to enjoy it in short bursts, or as something they could play all at once if they did have a chunk of time to play then could put the game aside until the next expansion? And his opinion was MMOs need to take that direction in the future or the genre was not going to survive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I never beat the original Dungeon Keeper and wish my old discs ran on something.