Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who owns the first meltdown?
Oberst
flickmaker
Santheb
Oberst
Dubs
someone unexpected
View Results

• Locked thread
Dralun
May 22, 2012
I'd like to get beat down as the Los Angeles Rams. If some other goon has dibs on the Rams, I'll take a team that only has one other player in the division.

PSN: Jaytaggart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Done.

And I'll take the Broncos.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
The Rams as I grew up with them in Orange County and they are (mostly) back where they belong.

With Madden, I'm actually cool with switching teams as I want to try a new scheme and the bronco's 3-4 works better for it.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Ack. Sorry about that, CZDoofus.
How 'bout the Moo-cows from Houston? They claimed yet?

Dralun
May 22, 2012

Bonham posted:

Woo a rival! Texans are gonna be dope

I'm not sure how much of a rivalry I can provide as the last time I can honestly say I was any good at this game was when it was on PC and Ray Lewis was on the cover.

In the game, do the old school Oiler uniforms fall under the Titans or the Texans?

Dralun
May 22, 2012

Oberst posted:

The cheesing clause is next to impossible to break. It literally has to be purposeful exploitation of the game in a pubbie manner

I'm assuming this is mostly directed towards things like the multi step blitzes that abuse the o-line AI or that route swapping thing from a few years back that abused coverage AI. What about changing positions or playing players out of position?

Dralun
May 22, 2012
We saying screw preseason?

Dralun
May 22, 2012
This is the one weekend where I'm going to have limited availability and I don't believe Goob has even joined the league yet. I can play tomorrow night, and then only (maybe) late night PST until I get home on Tuesday evening. How are situations like this handled?

Dralun
May 22, 2012

da_goob posted:

I can play tonight. Just let me know when.

I'm free after 730 PST, maybe a bit earlier.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
I see the notification that I've had a trade proposed to me, yet I can't seem to see the actual trade. It would be on the things to do page, correct?

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Goob, on line doing MUT stuff till about 1 PST. Shoot an invite when you get on.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Goob, If I can figure out my dad's internet set up, I'll be available to play after 10 pm PST or, if that's too late, between 6 and 8 am this weekend and Monday.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
How many seasons typically get done in goon leagues?

Dralun
May 22, 2012

da_goob posted:

Tomorrow morning could possibly work. If not, definitely Monday.
I'll be up and looking for you for a couple of at 6 am PST tomorrow and Monday then. Got the wifi working.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
[/quote]

Texans stole my drat PS LG HOW COULD U :bahgawd:
[/quote]

He's gonna be good in a couple seasons. Thanks for the hook up!

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Goob, going to be on next couple of hours. After that, can't happen till Tuesday afternoon.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Waah, I'm the idiot who traded with your team as I thought it fair game to poach from. I'll resend everything back. Sorry.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
I saw the carcas of the Bucs/Niners/Redacteds being picked over by others and thought it was cool to trade for their players. Soon as I realized that the Bills weren't an ai team, I fessed up. Traded a first and third for Gilmore.Mock away, make me play as the Bucs, or what have you.

Dralun
May 22, 2012

Oberst posted:

U dumb lol!!!!

I'm a goon. I spent time in the army. I've bought every madden.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Goob, I'm free for the rest of the day, so let me know when you are able to play.

Dralun
May 22, 2012

human being Guy posted:

Dralun/Texans

When is good for you? I'm off work around 4pm eastern all week, maybe a liitle earlier / later. Let me know what works for you.

Let's aim for tomorrow 9pm your time. Outside chance I'm free tonight same time.

Dralun
May 22, 2012

human being Guy posted:

Sounds like a plan

I'm free tonight till about 1am EST as well, if that works for you. Otherwise, we'll go tomorrow.

Dralun
May 22, 2012

human being Guy posted:

Was sleeping, tonight it is.

I have a late arriving patient. Might be a bit later than 9pm, but only 15-30 minutes, max.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
I'd forgotten how much I hate Phil Simms.

human being Guy posted:

I'm back from the dead Dralun. Tonight anytime you want!

Glad you are alive! I'll be home around 900-930 your time.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Chiefs @ Texans happening nowish. Should be fun as I haven't played online in ages.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Thank you for the game FG. Was close.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Flickmaker, I should be free pretty much anytime this weekend except early mornings if you are EST.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Great game, Flickmaker. That was a ton of fun.

Dralun
May 22, 2012

Papes posted:

Texans, even are you free?

How's Wednesday around 6 PST work for you? Doubtful I'll be free tonight at a reasonable hour.

Dralun
May 22, 2012

Papes posted:

How late would you be available tonight. I can be home at 6 pst but 7 pst might work better for me.

Nothing planned so I'm available till around midnight pst if need be.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Hizawkie, free tonight after the debate, and tomorrow after 6pst.

In the event he's mia, any way I can play the cpu version of his team instead of the auto grant win?

Dralun
May 22, 2012

davecrazy posted:

If they woulden't go for it on 4th down in the NFL THEN DONT loving DO IT IN OUR LEAUGE.

In the NFL, the kickers don't have to deal with lag on the third button press.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
He probably met his season goal of x amount of whatever or hit one of his career milestones. Also, our xp sliders are at 300%.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
davidbonham, I'm free this afternoon PST and anytime after late morning tomorrow.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Yuzenn/BDiddY1995 when are you free this weekend? My Friday and Saturday is booked for the most part, but I'm free all day Sunday and Monday.

Dralun
May 22, 2012

Papes posted:

Texans, can you play tomorrow?

Yes, in the afternoon PST.

Dralun
May 22, 2012

Papes posted:

How late? I won't get home until 3:30 pst

I'm usually home by 6pm. I do have a game to play with Dave and as he's EST, I'm going to try to get that game done first. Figure 7:30-8 for our game?

Dralun
May 22, 2012

Papes posted:

Out of curiousity, what tiebreaker does the texans have over me?

Comes down to record vs. common opponents. I lost to the Patriots, who you didn't play, we both lost to the Titans and we split our two games. Only one that matters in this case is our games against the Vikings, which I won (simmed as Dubious wasn't able to play) and you lost.

Thanks, Dubious!

Dralun
May 22, 2012

Mucilaginous posted:

Holy gently caress that game.

Couldn't stop Blount for three quarters.

Bengals 31, Patriots 24

gg man

So Colts v Texans and Bengals v Ravens?

Who cares about NFC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Papes, I can play any evening after 6 pst.

• Locked thread