Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
This is a safe space to make the joke that your recent hobby spending on nonessential camera gear that you had to have has made you destitute. Post the thing you bought and something like this:

I've been able to merge my selfies portfolio into my exploitative homeless portrait portfolio
I can't afford the cheese for my toilet nachos photos
I don't take train tracks pictures in spite of the dangers they pose anymore, I take them because a train might hit me and end it all
I can't afford watermarks on my nature photos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I'm too poor to spend all my money and gear and become poor that way. I'm not even on the photography poor ladder. The only photography outgoings I have are the occasional €10 I spend on prints, and my €12 a month on Photoshop.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Mrenda posted:

I'm too poor to spend all my money and gear and become poor that way. I'm not even on the photography poor ladder. The only photography outgoings I have are the occasional €10 I spend on prints, and my €12 a month on Photoshop.

Sorry, this thread is only for the financially cavalier and extremely funny

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
I'm so poor I'm your posting

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
I'm so bad at photography that i have to spend a lot of money buying things in hopes that I can eventually churn out one good photo.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I'm so poor from buying cameras that I cannot afford to pay the prices your whore of a mother is charging these days

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.
I gave some old Catholic ladies $11 American to to further their questionable agenda in return for two functioning (maybe) cameras.
I'm still using a D90 because who gives a poo poo we're all going to die.
I have friends/family who want me to shoot their weddings for $$$ and I tell them jesus gently caress just let me tell you who you should hire because I'm not that good.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
the only watermarks on my photos are from using them as beer coasters because that's all they're good for and im too poor to afford real coasters and also i'm an alcoholic

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I haven't spent money on photography gear in at least a year. It's been pretty great

burn your film kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Wild EEPROM posted:

I'm so bad at photography that i have to spend a lot of money buying things in hopes that I can eventually churn out one good photo.

Same

voodoorootbeer posted:

I have friends/family who want me to shoot their weddings for $$$ and I tell them jesus gently caress just let me tell you who you should hire because I'm not that good.

Same

I'm so poor from photo gear that i can't afford a good camera like the pentax me super

• Locked thread