Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
in australia we have a nationwide minute of silence on anzac day. when i was in eighth grade the whole school (about 1200 people) was brought to the quadrangle to be silent together. it took the teachers like half an hour to get us all to shut up but anyway eventually the minute began. at about the 40-second mark one of the guys in my year said "AVSHALOM'S GAY" in a moderately loud voice and it echoed off all the concrete in the perfect silence and everybody heard it and i was mocked by a thousand voices. at the time i was mortified but in hindsight it was a perfectly timed own and i respect it. anyway share your traumatic stories, namaste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
they never tried to make the whole school do the minute of silence together ever again

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

VendaGoat posted:

The past is in the past my good man or lady. Let it stay in the past.

Namaste.
i'm scarred

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
it really rustled my jimmies

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i never came out of the library again because they knew, they all knew that i was gay

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Putty posted:

but ahvshalom you are gay!
it was meant to be a secret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Drunk Nerds posted:

Every time someone bullied me I would either crack a joke, or else look for an opportunity to show them kindness at a later point. You only need to do that once or twice before no one wants to gently caress with you because you are friends with bullies
every time someone bullied me i would drop my pants and break into a graceful dance to indicate i was sexually active

• Locked thread