Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

KoB posted:

Bosses wont use map attacks if they'll hit friendlies.
I've seen plenty of bosses ignore this rule lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Wasn't very interested in the new SD Gundam game but the cut-ins are very pretty and detailed. My gundam is getting weak though, I don't recognize quite a few of the early stuff in the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSulqmDz3zA

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Uhhhh it's okay. I only like it cause of the content. I'd pay an extra $10 for every one of those titles I like to be on the Vita.

RIP Vita, rip anime

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yamato looks real good. That's my only take away!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ryoga posted:

A simple glitch for alpha 3 that will trivialize a good portion of the game if you wish to abuse it.

Infinite EN: When moving a flying unit or any unit in a space map, if you cancel the moving animation with x before the accept/cancel prompt shows it will refund you all the energy you used to travel without actually using any of it.
Geez that would be mind numbing to abuse.

Reminds me of some of those dumb glitches in F/FF. Man those were the days...

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ZuljinRaynor posted:

When you have the Hyperlion, does it ignore the Abilities that you have equipped on Sleigh and Vegalion?
I believe so. It acts like any other combination mech, you can even de-combine it in the field.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Do I need to be logged into my Singapore PSN account on my PS4 to play DLC or is it a once to download and can happily play on my EN account? I thought it was the latter but lately I've been reading the former in some dark corners of the internet.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm 6 episodes into Cross Ange as prep for V and I'm still bewildered how this one is making it into an SRW game. There doesn't even seem to be that much mecha stuff.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What's going on with the bgm preview at the end of the trailer?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
There's a tiny ZZ clip at the very end.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I kinda wish I stuck with watching Cross Ange after reading that spoiler block above. I punched out around episode seven though since it wasn't going anywhere at the time.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ryoga posted:

Now that I have watch the trailer I'm shocked that nobody has mentioned the best thing about it, full body cutscene portaits! The small face boxes were one of the biggest things I have hated about the games since Z2.
Haha, yeah! This was my fist pump while watching. I couldn't remember how long it's been since we had it.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
They host them at like 360p half the time anyway.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I remember they did something like that in one of the ACE games and it was horrifying. Nobody probably remembers that though cause they were too busy muting the TV after the fifth forced playing of some Macross Frontier music.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Hunter Noventa posted:

I think they took out hte ability to upload music to your PS4 from a USB stick, so probably not.
Someone in the old thread said you could install an app called Media Player and that will let you play mp3s/videos off your USB driver. Some Kamen Rider game was also doing it at the time.

I never took the time to figure it out in MD, I'll look into it later. The function was there I thought.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What was the dumb morale glitch again for split stages? Whatever it is do that. I think it's you need to end the first half of the stage below 100 morale so on the next stage when it does the subtraction it loops around and gives you near max morale or something.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I liked playing L and K if only for some of the rarer series inclusions like Iczer and Gun X Sword.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Did they actually get in trouble or was it just internet mad?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Man that's embarrassing. Guess whoever did that is blacklisted.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ahhh it's nice to hear the Yamato theme again. I used that track as a custom theme in Z3 and OGs.

Re shipping - when I lived in DC if I used FedEx it was usually a little under a week. One time I tried the other option (USPS? I forget) and it took like three weeks and was a complete mess. I never ever did economy.

I just do all digital these days. Still haven't decided on the fancy version with the soundtrack. Think I'll just load up my own music again though so no real need I think?

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 21, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Man, SRW is eternal. I can remember playing SRW3 at like age 14. It would not be until like a boring day at college that I would load SRW4 and get hooked. I sat in a web programming class and played SRW Gaiden and got the strangest looks. Then I discovered alpha 2 videos and MX videos online and wondered how I could ever play the cool new ones. Alpha 3 released around my graduation. I dumped my first pay check for an imported ps2 just to play alpha 2, alpha 3 and MX. Going through my career and the latest SRW console games would usually be when I took my vacations. Played the handheld SRWs on planes and in hotels around America as I travelled for my job back then.

It hasn't been quite the same since Z2 or so for me but it's just been a wild and very long ride.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ignited sounds real bad this time.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Just remember that R1+X or O maybe, still skips the text real fast!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Samurai Sanders posted:

I felt that way about Z3 too. Quite a few units' animations, and mostly the originals, are hard to track visually because they have so few frames for some high speed movement. I figured it was just a memory or something issue because it has to run on the Vita too.

Soon the Vita will be dead and hopefully it will mean the problem is neither here nor there.

Really shouldn't be a hardware problem. That one video upthread is really rough though, I've never seen it that bad. I'll probably pick the other upgrade even if it's simpler in animations, at least they have more animation frames.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Fix posted:

Ok, so I ordered this because SB Yamato, but I am really seriously not up to speed on my giant robots in general. Am I going to be awash and lost in inside references, or is there a followable story going on here at all?
You'll basically never understand why some characters act the way they do. That's pretty much it. The story should be followable and the originals and some characters will get quite a bit of development over the game that you can follow easily. Some parts may be nonsensical at times, like why the lead man of FMP is suddenly in a bear costume or why every girl swoons over a dude with a mullet. Don't worry about those and just handwave it as anime. The games are painfully heavy on the exposition though for the purposes of story telling.

Just ask the thread if you ever have a question about something.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Can we put him in a cooler mech cause that thing is still Top 5 Dumbest Mecha

I'd rather use the ball if it was in the game

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I just can't understand what they were going for with Chitose's art style. It seems very random.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Pureauthor posted:

Stage 20's SR Point also appears to be mistranslated. It says 'Kill 20 enemies before Kodai reaches the objective point' but I only got the Point after I killed everyone, not just 20 units.
That doesn't even seem like a mistranslation at that point.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Is there anything new or cool to the Huck and Grungust or is it just business as usual? After playing MD I am pretty original'd out.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

HitTheTargets posted:

Macross Delta good? The series premise sounded like Babby's First Anime to me.
It could be but I hope it'd be like another Macross Plus entry into the SRW games. That is, nice when they're there but nothing extraordinary and you can't build a plot around it. At least it wouldn't be a detriment like Macross Frontier and I'm the world's biggest Macross Frontier fan. Frontier just tends to dominate and that means you need to deal with Frontier's rather boring antagonists and a cast that effectively doesn't do anything and are worse versions of the original Macross cast. Unless the story is already done then you at least get to enjoy the mechs without too much of the cast getting in the way, but they still find a way for Ranka to be more annoying as ever it seems like in Z3.1 or whenever that was.

I'm still a big fan of how Macross in Alpha-3 turned out. Macross 7 can be all right but only because of Basara IMO. I suppose Delta would be more like Frontier though, LE SIGH.

Why did we get Zero in an ACE game but never SRW is what I want to know, I guess it was too low tech compared to the rest of the Macross series?

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 1, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Get out of here!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ZuljinRaynor posted:

The Beam Saber attack seems just a bit extra jerky. Like, it's the only animation that sticks out to me as a bit strange. After the attack hits, it feels like the Gundam turns around almost instantly.

Let's be honest they spent too much money on Nu Gundam's final attack and said uhhh poo poo we forgot the beam saber!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I only bother with that on the strictest of skill point checks in some SRWs. Think the last time I did was Z. Otherwise it's far too much menu work for me.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ImpAtom posted:

Someone bought people a bunch of them. I want my old one back but last time I tried to change they just re-bought it for me. :smith:

What was your old avatar anyway? I always think of the Iceman one from years back..

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
That's a fun watch. Doesn't sound like they got Ikeda back for Char though, or maybe I really misremember classic Char.

Seems like I'm really misremembering! Been so many years.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 4, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Whew thank you, saved me from having a senior moment.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I take a different tact and usually grab a morale skill so I can use the cool moves earlier in the game when the maps are a little skimpy on units. They are cheap enough so I don't care much about PP efficiency.

After that it's pretty much damage/CA and then e-save/b-save if it's relevant. Towards the later half of the game everyone gets the raise will to 170 or whatever.

Toss ignore size, support attack around as necessary. Never bother with support defense.

I hardly ever bother with H&A either. If a unit is like old school Wing Zero just turn on sprint and do the counter attack strategy. No sprint? Bench that poo poo.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Aug 6, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

MarsDragon posted:

SP Regen is so top-tier in OG2 because the OG2 endgame is such a slog. The last few stages all have multiple high-HP regenerating bosses and tough mooks. The White Star mission alone justifies SP Regen on everyone.

In games that don't pull that bullshit it depends.
Yeah I feel like the only SRW game I abused SP regen was the original GBA OG2. There's been ways to shorten the OG end games to a few turns since everything went PlayStation.

Tbh gba og2 was probably the last srw I spent more than a few minutes of thought on consistently instead of one offs here and there like in z1 or the latest ogs.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I don't get what the hang up is, just put focus on boss killers and SP regen on poo poo you want to use to kill buffed up gespensts and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
IDK if they still do those game of the year/Hall of fame copies or whatever but that was usually the way to get them at like half off. I think the last one I did that with was like MX though, I have no idea if they still do this.

• Locked thread