Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Luminaflare posted:

Is there a secret list for Moon Dwellers yet?

Seems to be. Apparently there are some secrets that require Beginner mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's good you people are explaining this now because my main series strategy has been

- upgrade weapons a lot
- get base stats to 50% upgraded
- ?????

Good to know OG is different

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Does anyone have a picture or video of the Moon Dwellers PS4 theme? I'd like to see it before going to the effort to making a new PSN account just to redeem it.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Anyone figure out how to redeem the DLC theme packed in the English version? I tried HK and Taiwan accounts, but it didnt work... maybe I made them wrong?

I believe you need to redeem it on a Singapore PSN account.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Wow, it certainly is something to finally play an English SRW in HD like this. Can't wait to see SRW V like this!

Anyway, quick question: do upgrades on Compati Kaiser cross over for the different variations? So if I dump cash into getting its Accuracy to 50% in G mode, does regular Kaiser mode reflect that as well?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Do you guys have a list of suggested tag teams? I really don't know what kind of synergy I'm looking for right now and just kind of throwing people together that I think might work.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

Asakim ended up being Shurouga.

Yes, I am serious.

Wait what

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Quick question: I've got Sanger and Kyosuke together, and Sanger's got the Melee Up buff while Kyosuke has the Ammo buff. Does Kyosuke get +10% if he uses a weapon that's both Melee and has an Ammo count?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I don't have a lot of OG experience beyond the GBA games and I always just looked at their Armor/Mobility stats in the upgrade menu then started ticking them upwards and if the numbers got higher in Armor then oh they're a Super. Then again I don't exactly have to look twice at the Grungust series or Granteed or whoever and go "maybe they're reals????" its pretty obvious.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Man, when you guys were arguing about Granteed I was only on like stage 5 and now that I'm around 20 I'm like holy poo poo why does this thing have no post-movement attacks until his Will gets high enough?! It makes me want to bench or make him the twin then stick someone with actual utility in there.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I was thinking about switching suits around but I really don't know much about who should go where. So far all I've done is throw Josh into the Fortegigas and I can't remember who off the top of my head but someone went into the Garmraid Blaze. Anyone have any standout recommendations?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Couple of questions

1) What am I supposed to do again with taking down bosses? I did Stage 21 where you have to fight the three bosses at once and I figured I could get the SR point by using Maximum Break and even only a few hundred above the retreat mark I was still well off by a few thousand. I see Smite exists and apparently bypasses barriers, and there are attacks that break through barriers. Is there anything else I can do to help cut down on the defenses?

2) Do special skills stack/carry over for sub pilots? I'm looking at Compati Kaiser and I just got Continuous Action for Kohta, but I see Shoko is also considered part of that mech so if I get her Hit & Away will it register that skill even with Kohta as main pilot?

3) Did anyone ever redeem that dynamic theme? I'm really curious to see what it is but I don't want to make a Singaporean PSN account just to try.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Gundam Breaker 3 is getting what sounds like a major DLC expansion.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Doesn't PS4 work the same way as PS3 where DLC downloaded onto one system can be used by all accounts on said system? I haven't actually used the DLC in my copy of GB3 yet to check.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Seriously, what the hell happened to Bandai Namco to make them change their tune? A decade of "lol gently caress you" turned into "LET'S GIVE THEM EVERY GAME!"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The English version of SD Gundam G Generation Genesis will be launching on the same day as the Japanese version: November 22nd.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The next Gundam Versus is for PlayStation 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5QaPe6YDFo

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Gundam Versus is not a port of an arcade Gundam VS game, is its own thing but will have the franchise standard 2v2 fights.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

First look at SD Gundam G Generation Genesis' localization.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Gundam Versus is getting a closed alpha.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

SRW stream coming Oct 5th.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Just in case them saying it's coming overseas in English wasn't convincing you, PS4's Gundam Versus is now confirmed to have an Asian English release.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Next SRW V trailer coming Halloween.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It figures the summer I get a super cool guy gaming PC would be the one that Steam decided to implement refunds and thus Steam sales got worse and I ended up buying games off the PSN/at an actual loving GameStop cheaper than what Steam sales were offering.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhBMd4YbIzk

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I demand the return of The Great GM God Ideon.

CAN YOU HEAR IT?!

SURELY YOU CAN HEAR IT!

THAT FAR OFF ROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I liked the gimmick Ideon had where it was this massively over-powered monster of a unit but using it increased the likelihood that it would go berserk and kill everyone, that and having its own ending tied to it where everyone will die.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Super Robot Wars V's English release will be simultaneous with the Japanese one. Also get a look at the English localization in the screenshots!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK1Olo7qgrI

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

IIRC when I made mine way back when you didn't need a Japanese e-mail address and you can just put in any old Japanese zipcode in, unless SCEJA decided to start giving more of a drat about that.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

New trailer for Super Robot Wars V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0qXRy9rwSc

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Ugh, this game sounds so drat good but I never finished Moon Dwellers and with Switch coming so soon, Yakuza 0 unfinished, and Nioh still here I'd feel real dumb dropping even more money on games I haven't finished.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

VIRTUAL ON IS BACK!*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBJLRXQlVxE

*as a crossover game with an anime.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm probably gonna pick this up in the Summer when there's a lull in this horrible swathe of good games to play but is there some kind of Before You Play thing you guys have rigged up for V yet? When I asked for tips on Moon Dwellers I got a ton of incredibly useful stuff but is there anything really notable to know from the get go or is it like the Z3 stuff where you can shove everyone's weapons up to 50% and then just upgrade everything else.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

V is incredibly easy even by SRW standards, especially if you upgrade your units. The ability to cast spirits during the enemy phase plus Foresee, which is an Alert that can be cast on allies, basically means that you need to be asleep at the wheel to ever actually lose a unit.

Well alright, just asking ahead because I used to think I was really good at SRPGs only to find out I'd been playing Z3.1 completely wrong and had to be corrected hard by this thread on it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Steambot Chronicles and Ring of Red!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Midjack posted:

Well hey Policenaut, they didn't wait until Japanese release day to announce it. Our curse is broken, and we are no longer forced to buy Asian discs to bring the Gundams westwards.

I was just thinking that I had to get around to pre-ordering GV and I wake up to find that they really did it.

I'm so proud of you guys, Bandai Namco.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

That's some beautiful box-art there. Also wow this is getting a physical release?!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Gundam Versus' US release date is September 29th.

Europe is "later this Fall" and Japan is still in 5 days.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Akiba's Trip 2 has a shockingly good localization despite the source material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

What do you people like to go for first in getting skills for your pilots? I'm always saving up to get those high value things like Continuous Action and so on but I'm curious.

• Locked thread