Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Luceid posted:

I'm pretty sure that Tetsuya uses 'Breast Burn' even in Japanese because he's not quite Koji Kabuto.
Oh, I'm not exactly a big mazinger expert, so if that's accurate then I now have 0 complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh, also, this was probably mentioned in the thread but I just found it out by g oing through JP news so maybe it didn't get copy/pasted much or something: V will let you pick between the male and female protagonist as the lead. The other will apparently still be in the game (As the subpilot?) but not from the start, so probably mild story variations but not totally different routes or anything. They both have the same mech, also.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Race Realists posted:

got a ps4 (500gb) for Christmas!

tell me everything thing i need to do to play MD and V :getin:

you can just import an asian english copy off play-asia and be done with it if you're okay with paying for shipping

if not, you have to make a singapore PSN account and then buy a singapore PSN card

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the super robot wars z2.2 menu patch is, uh, hm.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

now how dare you all act like this is a substandard product

If the robot's name is being kept as Tetsujin, then this should be Tetsujin Full Power.

Shouldn't this be 'Balsaber Drilling?'

I think the official TL for this is Grapearls, but I can at least get 'Gula' since 'Gu-rren La-gann', but isn't the 'pearl' pretty obvious?

how do you get 'scale' from 分析, the first google result for that is 'google analytics' you think that'd be a tip

uh, buddy

think you missed a spot buddy...

buddy.......

translate????

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gulall?

Wow that sounds terrible.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Okay, Baldios is weird, can't knock the guy for that one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nages posted:

Translation patches are hard
sing????

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe Gamlin is the one translating it.
that's my new headcanon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Honestly, the five characters thing is probably why. Considering they couldn't even remove the dot in the western character's names, they probably couldn't hack the game to allow for more than five characters in the spirit names. I imagine when I get to it that Courage will become 'Brave'.

So Strike became Aim, we got S Guts, and, uh, Blur? Blur's the weird one because there's gotta be a better way to put 'Disturbance' into five letters. Like, uh, Panic.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I like 'grit,' which is what the translations of the touhou SRW games use for invincible.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

"Study?" "Probe?"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

battle moon wars?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also i dont mean to pick on this patch too much but

jesus, poor xingke

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's worth noting that the hk english g generation game was a lot better translated - still stiff, but a lot closer to, say, a PS1 JRPG translation - so if that was by the same tl team, SRW V might be better than MD.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

except for the part where ryusei got laid

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Caphi posted:

Wait a minute, is Chitose still the first female SRW protagonist since Setsuko?
Est- uh

yeah, I'm pretty sure even X-Omega only gives you a male unit to start out with, with no choice.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Caphi posted:

I wasn't following Z2R's advertisement, did they actually pretend like Esther was the protagonist? Crowe was established as the Wavering Scales but she could have been something else (in retrospect, the Dreaming Fishes - as a Pisces I'd have appreciated it) and Crowe would have completed his arc as a supporting character, like the Alphas. All his development centered around Esther anyway, even in the Z2R we got.
From cursory googling, kind of? There's some promo scans that show Crowe but the 'and the SRWZ originals are returning!' scan has Esther's mech lined up with theirs, with no Crowe in sight, and there's even a magazine scan that has screencaps of Esther and Marilyn fighting, like they've got some kind of rivalry going on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i feel like if they had any plans for a sequel they would have put Nadeisco TV in so Prince of Darkness could be in the sequel? because that's a really obvious thing to do. Same with putting in Seed Destiny instead of regular SEED, or listing FMP Second Raid and Light Novels instead of saving that material for later. Or just doing the 00 movie right out of the gate. Like, if Z2 had listed both Geass and Geass R2, I wouldn't have expected a Z2.2.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

They dropped the ball pretty hard on the whole Zodiac thing they had going on in the Z series
They dropped the ball on most every plot element that started in Z. Z2 was a decent followup but Z3 just felt like a game made out of the scraps of series that were 95% completed in other games.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

super robot wars a

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my favorite scene in brain powerd is the one where hes trying to open an apartment door by having his mech turn the doorknob

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In SRWV news, other thing I found out from trawling JP sites that wasn't mentioned in this thread: The original mech was designed by the Linebarrels of Iron artist (which explains a lot about that thing,) so presumably stuff like the original grunts and boss mechs will be in that style too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i liked that linebarrels was a mecha show where everyone wore suits

edit: Also apparently the linebarrels manga ended recently so it might be in the next SRW since there's a complete story to adapt.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Prism posted:

Wasn't it already in one of the DS ones? Or was that the anime version? (I don't know much about Linebarrels and don't know how big a difference there is.)
The manga was only half-finished when the anime aired, and iirc instead of leaving itself half-done for a season 2 or whatever it just created and then resolved its own plot (kind of like fullmetal alchemist 2003,) so they went in pretty different directions. L was the anime version.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SRW V 2nd PV.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Doubt it'll be fantastic or super natural but it'll probably be fine, just very stiff.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it at least means that they'll probably actually stick to official localizations instead of

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ryoga posted:

It is literal and to the point. It is an orthodox translation.

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Weirdly, there's a game where the protagonist uses a funnel system designed for oldtypes that seems to work fine, and then it never gets brought up or used anywhere else in the UC setting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I actually kinda can't wait to see Mika in an SRW. His spirit loadout would be entirely offense focused and it'd be great.
wouldn't that just be kallen

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Is it? I don't think I've ever used a geass unit. Well shame on me, then. :downs:
iirc her spirit list in z2/z2.2 is

Strike
Invincible
Yell
Valor
Fury
Soul

also even if you hate geass suzaku is a good unit with cool animations, shame on you

Endorph fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 10, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the worst day of my life was the day i learned texas mack was only in one episode of getter robo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

remember when chirico could step out of his cockpit and fire a pistol in space

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

whichever game IBO debuts in, they need to bring back Layzner for it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Honestly, Aldnoah and IBO would be kind of hard to integrate because their roles are pretty much entirely reversed. In Aldnoah Mars is super advanced and powerful and Earth is treated as a massive underdog. In IBO, mars is a massive shithole that's only good for warm bodies and mining.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EthanSteele posted:

Meganoids from Daitarn were made to defend Nadesico Mars but got wild and hecked it all up on IBO Mars. Aldnoah super Mars resisted the Meganoid assault. Godmars exists because I love that dude and we need more Mars.
'we must flee from mars'
'?'
'not you, takeru'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Inferno-sama posted:

Actually, that'd make Kudelia more popular. Seeing her with God Mars might make that whole Maiden of Revolution thing resonate with people more if they think the God of Mars is with her.

'are we sure that isn't just a statue with thrusters attached to it'

'nonsense it just moved its head'

'... are you sure'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Why would harmony gold affect a release of it in singapore? if totally unrelated countries having rights were an issue, let's talk about how Daitarn 3 is still having reruns in Italy and is a classic cartoon there.

• Locked thread