Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
I think that the most important thing to know about the previous games is that someone named a battleship the Air Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Watching Eva 1.11 again for the purpose of comparison with Shin Evangelion, I am wondering, outside of Eva and SRWZ2's dimension beasts, are there any other media were rainbows are menacing?

Yu-Gi-Oh for a while.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I hope Advent turns out to be Euzeth all along.

OG-verse Alpha 3 story is going to end with Keisar Ephes pulling off his mask and revealing Euzeth, who would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling psychodrivers and their Ing.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Sordas Volantyr posted:

So this is a thing that just happened in my playthrough of J.

You're playing the game right, ramming speed is the only speed.

Edit: Just saw the money counter, have never seen that.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
My controversial opinion on Frontier: the bridge crew is better than the rest of the cast (besides Sheryl and Ozma, who are great).

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

EthanSteele posted:

The one on the DS also had a messed up campaign where if you set everything up so that Amuro deployed in the Alex and then you shot him down, he actually died and so Zeon won the OYW and everything was awful. Near the end Kai Shiden launches in the Nu with the unique skill of SUPER NEWTYPE and is the ultimate dude of all time. That one was more SRW style where you just played through stages one after the other, pilots had spirit commands based on iconic lines and the grinding you did was on a simulator stage.

They're generally super light on storytelling even at their most SRW-esque, with a cutscene being maybe 5-10 lines exchanged at most before gameplay happens.

If I remember this right, it's actually having Amuro and Char fight at A Baoa Qu in NG+, which now causes them to get a mutual kill on each other. Besides Super Kai, you also get to save the Cyclops Team instead of getting Chris and Bernie, Flay joins you as a pilot, and things just generally go insane.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Hokuto posted:

I am all on board for the fanfiction where Kai Shiden becomes a super newtype, that's amazing.

It's also the Zeta-era Kai with the nice suit, just to make things even better.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

GilliamYaeger posted:

Oh Banpresto.

Banbreasto.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

EthanSteele posted:

Doesn't Getter Emperor Ryouma have a cloning facility that constantly pumps out new Musashis as the old ones die? I guess he eventually comes around to Gendo's idea.

"Look, if you have a clumsy child, you make them wear a helmet. If you have death-prone children, you keep a few clones of them in your lab."

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
I think my favorite weird G Gen thing is Gineas showing up at the end of Gather Beat/Advance as the final boss with an army of Apsalus IIIs and a mobile armor that looked like a modern art installment.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
As bad as Crossfire was, I love how fragile your MS was and how careful you had to be when a single stray shot could tear off the arm holding your only weapon. I don't know how many times I lost both arms, had my legs wrecked, and had to finish the level by hobbling around and tickling stuff with the head vulcans.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Son Ryo posted:

It's been a long time since I played it, but I'm pretty sure he was in G Generation Advance and he had an event with Master Asia that gave his Zaku a Super Mode.

It was pairing him up with Domon and having him fight Nimbus in the EXAM-powered Efreet Custom. I've played the handheld G Gen games too much.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I like to imagine exactly how people feel in GGGen when you bring in your original units.

"Sir, they're coming in with a dozen Zaku! .. wait, sir, something just appeared on our radar. It's... it's... a giant playing die with a Gundam head on top?" "... Thank god, we're saved!"

We kind of got that in Skull Heart with the B Gundam, or whatever it was called.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Caphi posted:

I'm still more interested in the setting than anything. There is apparently still action happening on the bombed-out hellscape that is Earth, so I assume the likes of Mazinger, Getter, and Gain are the only things keeping civilization down there afloat.

Come to think of it, it's kind of weird that Earth is already post-apocalyptic, but Ryoma's the one in the main Getter and not Black. Unless the entire series is over and Gou is kicking around in space somewhere?

I kind of hope they go with that because, while it's rare, SRW can do post-series entries well when they actually try. G Gundam in MX is a excellent example of this with Domon the Teacher/Evil Mentor Support Group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Ryoga posted:

EW can't give us the Elegance of the Tallgeese 2.

Treize is the best character in Wing and I'm sad that he has only been playable in one game. Admittedly, that one game has what is probably the best SRW plot ever, but I really wanted to use Treize's big hero of the people cut-in in Z2.

• Locked thread