Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Hokuto posted:

argh I closed the stream but I'm still getting reports in from a friend still watching

"Einst, zwei, dry!"

The beauty of 'Einst, Zwei, Dry' must be forever preserved.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

When next SRW V PV

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

What did Asakim even end up being

Asakim ended up being Shurouga.

Yes, I am serious.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Or next time ShanaMia will be his exclusive subpilot and the Powerpuffs get to hang out with noted cool characters Calvina and Al-Van.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dre2Dee2 posted:

And KOEI too!

What a time to be alive :allears:

When did Koei go the 'The 'west'? what's that'? stint?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

When you excise all the extraneous bullshit in Z3 it's mostly about how one jackass wants to gather the Spheres and use their power to become a god.

Unfortunately there is a lot of extraneous bullshit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Z2 may not be all that as a game but it's still the high water mark in terms of OG villains.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I pretty much hate Frontier on principle after its treatment in SRW, and I don't see how any other Macross series can beat it in the 'bland' department.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Will it include more SRW V information?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

The switch will probably be a failure because Nintendo for all their posturing can't hold third parties to save their lives. They made a big deal about all the third parties they got last time and they ended up jumping ship real fast.

They can hold 3rd parties perfectly well on handhelds, which the Switch is supposed to sub in for, so who knows.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

See also: Steam being absolutely loving terrible at customer support since they're de facto biggest kid on the block in PC gaming distribution.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

How much longer until the new SRW V info?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

SRW V:

4 Originals, including a new Huckebein and new Grungust
Shin Tetsuya in with new Great Mazinger, as expected.

Release date 23rd February 2017.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

That list of music is part of the Premium Edition. They're songs with vocals instead of just instrumentals.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The first episode of Cross Ange ended with the main character being stripped naked against her will so they could forcefully implant whatever technomagic doohickery it is that allows her to be a robot pilot.

It was framed to very closely resemble an actual rape.

So yeah.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

At least Luna is confirmed playable, I guess.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wish they would have a Super Shounen Anime Wars.

I mean, combine the casts of Dragonball, One Piece, Naruto and maybe Hero Academia and that's a large-sized SRW cast right there.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Full Frontal was... mostly okay in that his worldview was pretty hosed up and nihilistic but he went about things in a sane and understated manner.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Holy poo poo those Mazingers. Amazing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Gyra_Solune posted:

honestly with how Yamato is pretty much top billing in this game, and how Cross Ange is kind of right below it, it was pretty obvious in advance that in some way the world was kinda hosed. probs a spoiler for cross ange sorta but i kind of figure most of you don't care...actually, I wonder how they're handling that, fine i'll put it in spoiler tags

the place the dragons come from is basically supposed to be the real world, which got reamed so bad that people had to like evolve into dragons to survive, and the idyllic magic kingdom place is like a dimension layered on top of that by the main villain loving with spacetime. with the game's setup it sort of would make the most sense for the earlier half of the show to be compressed into a few maps early on, and the bulk of the game happens during the handful of episodes Ange hangs around the dragon world, sort of like how they did Megazone in D. probably for the best since the first half sorta drags on too long and the second half is much better, that specific arc of the show was IMO its strongest. maybe what they're doing with all the UC people hanging around from the past ties into that somehow? Embryo's the kind of guy Banpresto would have a field day with his plotting after all, I can't wait for him and Kaworu to be in a room together

the Might Gaine theme is sounding a little weak, but every other song seems pretty good so there's that. really really hoping for You Get To Burning like as hinted on that OST disc they're doing, Yurika being around gives me hope, and also hope that they're basically doing W's PoD

also did that combo between Daitarn and Zambot seem a bit weird to anyone else? it didn't look quite right but i couldn't pin down why, just sorta...stiff and oddly timed overall.

There's one part where Zambot and Daitarn are flying backwards towards the enemy because Banpresto couldn't be arsed to draw actual back sprites for the two.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

There's also BX.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Less than one week to playing a game with MAZIN EMPEROR G in it.

And Yamato too I guess

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I just hope the Ples and Marida have a combination attack.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Pretty sure everyone who would be interested in playing V frequents this thread already.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Started with OG on the GBA.

Those were the days. When all the robots were boring.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also Ange thinks Setsuna's voice is attractive.

Because Mamoru Miyano also plays Tusk.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Concerning the protagonist choice:
It's apparently a Z1 situation where both choices have their own cast list and storyline for most of the game.

So yay for replay value I guess.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 22, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BTW the Huckebein and Grungust are not pilot-locked.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Souji makes pretty much the same observation. it's a flying brick with weapons strapped on.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mepC4_QRoq4

Behold Shin Mazinger ZERO

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Not that it matters for me, he's never leaving the bench :v: Also for those who have it is all of Cross Ange's plot as awful here as it is in the show or did they try and change it?

Don't you want Ange's love bonus? :v:

... Are Love/Friendship bonuses in the game?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Holy poo poo, guys. HOLY poo poo

Jerid apologizes to Kamille for making fun of his name and Kamille apologizes for punching Jerid!

What is this madness?!

Oh and also Yazan joins Londo Bell or something I guess.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Too bad there's no way to switch back to Japanese for a bit then.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wish they hadn't gone quite so cheap on the music. Would've liked more arrangements instead of them just throwing in what they got from the Z series in a lot of cases.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Levantine posted:

I got my disc copy in, got my DLC installed and my custom music ready to go, but I forgot to install the day 1 dlc til after I started the game. Will I need to restart the game to get access to that stuff? I only did the first stage so it's not a dealbreaker.

The first DLC mission (that gets you the Huckebein and the Grungust) is immediately after mission 1 so it should not be an issue.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Arashi no Hero is the best sax.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

"Everyone from the Founding Nations are crazy and the rest of the world doesn't want anything to do with them" seems as good a justification as any for why the Cross Ange system can exist in the 00/GSD/Nadesico world.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Stage 16 Cross Ange Route - How on Earth are you expected to kill 12 enemies in 1 turn after killing all of the Dragons?

Spend one turn softening them up, then go on a slaughter spree the turn after?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Stage 20's SR Point also appears to be mistranslated. It says 'Kill 20 enemies before Kodai reaches the objective point' but I only got the Point after I killed everyone, not just 20 units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BTW if you think something is wrong with a SR point translation, you can reference the original Japanese here:

http://ds-can.com/srw_v/story/01-10.html

• Locked thread