Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
'Defeat Shin Getter Dragon within 3 turns. Furthermore, do not defeat more than 10 enemies before that point. Shin Getter Dragon itself is counted as one of the 10 enemies'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Same thing happened in Z3. I welcome this addition, esp. if we get more English SRWs.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I gotta say that if you're going to include Cross Ange and Embryo in the game, having literally every playable female in the cast chew him out on being a worthless loser and having Leonard Testarossa call you 'creepy' and, I quote, an 'odious wretch' is probably the correct way to go about it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The Zeta animation being as good as it is is due to it being a carryover from SRWZ3 where the UC Gundams got serious love.

Meanwhile the winners of the newcomers to V are clearly the Mazingers because HOT drat.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Relevant.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Supremezero posted:

Seabook, who's that, there's no one in the cast named Seabook, no sir.

Kincaid is the best, though. Maybe you should try him.

Excuse me I believe you have mispelled Kincade

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also it doesn't include Macross Frontier.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I just wish they'd have included the transformations for the Grungust instead of rolling it into an attack but oh well.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I believe that is a badly mistranslated 'insufficient Will/Focus' statement.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Not sure about story differences, but True Ending is unlocked if you have 25 or more Ace Pilots by Stage 49. Later, when given a choice, choose 'We still have an arduous journey ahead'. The other option is the 'Normal' ending path, AFAIK.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Oh, then the choice is probably a NG+ thing like major route splits in the Z games.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Now that we actually have recruitable Yazan, the sky really is the limit in how even the most reprehensible and awful people can end up being recruits in the future.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

MechaX posted:

Oh my God, I just got the point where they finally explained the histories of the dimensions and Okita is just literally "The same wars happened in our world. But some of it is pretty freaking different."

Yeah, the thought of a certain group of individuals running off to cause Second Impact at the end of the One Year War is somewhat humorous to me.

Man, the crossover/fanfic levels haven't been this high since W and I love every second of it.

I love how the AD world is written like a game in a series that had multiple entries before with most of the cast being chill with each other and 'wait there was a prison colony fighting dimension- hopping Dragons the whole time'? and the UC world is written like one just starting out and everyone is going' AHHHHHHH EVERYTHING IS hosed' It makes a nice contrast.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Weissritter posted:

What units have armor down weapons in V? So far i only notice the daitarn 3 having it.

Rust Hurricane as usual. The ZERO version as well.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You can equip the Gravity Wave Antenna part onto the Nadesico for some hilarious infinite energy loop shenanigans, BTW.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

SRW V sold 183K across PS4 and Vita for its debut week in Japan (Approx. 100K for PS4, 83K for Vita)

Basically holding steady with a slight drop from Z3.2. Hopefully the international releases sold well.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Ange should not be way behind because she is a flying ball of rage, murder, and sharp knives. (And murdering battleships with machinegun fire, which will never get old.)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I have to give the writers credit because deciding to turn a public execution into a rock concert is exactly the sort of hilariously crass poo poo the Mana populace would go for.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

IIRC most Haze users cost 40sp. Vivian can do it at 35 a pop. Yurika has it for 30 but she's a subplot so no Concentrate /Sp Up.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Senerio posted:

Which machines should I focus on besides the VangRay with upgrades?

Do the VangRay's upgrades carry over to its inevitable upgrade?

Oh also what Skill Programs are a must?

1)Whichever machines you think look cool. But Yamato, Villkiss, Mazinger and Eva01 if you want the game's big shitwreckers.

2) Yes upgrades carry over. And the upgrade choice doesn't really matter beyond Speed being a Real with a MAPW and Power being a Super.

3) Break Will Limit as always. And ignore size is good too because of so many big machines. But honestly you should be spending the Tac Points on. Factory parts.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Prism posted:

I got mad because the skill point description flat-out lied to me this stage, and unlike some other SRW games it didn't pop up the objectives screen with 'no longer possible' in the section, so I finished the stage without noticing that I couldn't get it anymore.

And then I got less mad because, when I reloaded, I got it on a throwaway last-ditch attempt without Support Attack since I hadn't gotten people into position for it.

A significant number of SR requirements are just flat out wrong in English but thankfully most of the time the correct version boils down to 'kill more stuff and faster than it says'.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BTW, was there any indication in the original show of Zeta Gundam that it was the biosensor reacting negatively that hosed up Kamille's mind and not Scirocco doing whatever? Because if that was what happened I honestly don't remember any of that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Meanwhile, on the Cross Ange Route, you get to save Jill.

:geno:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wish Velt and Lottie had been the actual mains instead.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I'm honestly hard pressed to think of a single moment where Chitose stood out as a character for me. Almost everything good about the OG interactions comes from Nine, which is not too surprising as Nine gets way more dialogue and development as a character regardless of protagonist choice.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I would just like to say that I am very happy with the ridiculous amount of love the series has given to Shin Mazinger and how every time it shows up after its initial appearance we get new goodies that didn't appear in the show.

Z3: We get a post-plot involving the Mycenae gods, Hades as a recurring boss, and Zeus as a playable.
BX: Boss fight against the Great General of Darkness, the Dynamic Combination of Mazinger and SKL.
V: Mazin Emperor G, folding in Mazinger ZERO as a playable, Emperor of Darkness as a boss, easily amongst the best animations in the entire game

Also Akabane has done great work in both the show and SRW. I could listen to him shout Photon Beam and Big Bang Punch all day.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Are they gonna announce a new game tho

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I'm not sure why exactly they're going out of the way to prove that their gacha game is a badly balanced Pay2Win cashgrab, but whatever. The discussion about what could have ended up becoming Shin SRW2 is actually kinda neat.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Let's just split the difference and have Build Fighters in the next SRW instead.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Let's see, just limiting yourself to animated works that would give you...

The Origin OVAs
The 08th MS Team
Igloo (lol)
Thunderbolt

I've always grouped 0083 more with the Zeta and beyond era stuff myself, but I suppose there's no reason you couldn't include it here.

Only if Amuro is pilot - locked to the RX78-2 with no one ever bringing it up or acknowledging it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also thanks to Gamillas swarming you with their dinky fighter planes once you get back on track with the Yamato plot you'll be racking up kill counts in no time.

I didn't buy Proud Ace on a single unit and I reached the hidden route split with 38 Aces. That said there's probably at least one other hidden requirement for the IF path.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The problem I have is that the 'Speed' upgrade's attacks mostly consist of it standing in one place and shooting guns. And for the basic attack where they're trying to show speed they use the really bad method of flipping around a static sprite in an attempt to make it look fast.

For that matter, for someone who's entire gimmick is GOTTAGOFAST Ghuli's animations in the Blarmag aren't particularly awe-inspiring next to a TRANS-AM or even the Destiny.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Droyer posted:

Just have a pack be an attack, rather than a different deployable? Haven't they done something similar with the Impulse Gundam recently?

They also did that with the AGE-3's packs in SRWBX.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Well Mazinger ZERO deciding melting off half the robot wasn't enough and disintegrating the rest with his Rust Hurricane will always be a standout.

I also like a lot of MightGaine's Dorinken DKs because they are OBARI AS gently caress.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Policenaut posted:

I'm probably gonna pick this up in the Summer when there's a lull in this horrible swathe of good games to play but is there some kind of Before You Play thing you guys have rigged up for V yet? When I asked for tips on Moon Dwellers I got a ton of incredibly useful stuff but is there anything really notable to know from the get go or is it like the Z3 stuff where you can shove everyone's weapons up to 50% and then just upgrade everything else.

V is incredibly easy even by SRW standards, especially if you upgrade your units. The ability to cast spirits during the enemy phase plus Foresee, which is an Alert that can be cast on allies, basically means that you need to be asleep at the wheel to ever actually lose a unit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Has any SRW had enemies actually use spirits?

I feel like that could work interestingly with V's system, and perhaps balance it a little better without making the game too hard.

Fantasy Maiden Wars on Lunatic Difficulty.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Note that if a mission has a plot reason that Nine couldn't do a skit (including prior to her getting her body, being absent for some reason, or being mid-teleport) then you'll have to wait for a later mission.

I remember that point in Z3-1 where the plot conspired to hit you with 5 apocalyptic events in a row immediately after you finish each preceding battle and AG is all "I swear we will get to the discussing Ace Pilots as soon as the situation calms down"

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Endorph posted:

ps: if you don't set salia's theme to a magical girl song after she gets her upgrade, you're a monster

If they wanted me to do that they should have made her Ariel mode attack an actual magical girl transformation.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

They are never going to make the Impulse's various Silhouette Packs playable again. At least they could give us them as individual attacks, but noooooo

quote:

Okay last question; what's the best factory grade 4 upgrade?

+10 Will/Focus upon deployment, no question. More damage, faster skill/transformation unlocks, can use your best attacks more quickly. Especially when this game has quite a few things that require 140-170 Will to be activated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Senerio posted:

Should I keep Amuro in the Nu? Just got him

Yes. Amuro is a very, very good pilot, and the Nu's best attack is locked to Amuro.

• Locked thread