Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only time i ever brought out the srx is original og2 because there werent really a better 4 units after the other 12 slots are filled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I never really got why the portables outside of console ports never got SR points.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think the best deal was W when you can basically full upgrade 20 units for the cost of only 5 because some of them linked to 5 other units.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think Alpha 3 was still one of those relic games where some units had their lovely attacks I.E. Gundam Wing vulcans as their squad attacks, while the weaker units used their strongest attacks.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You get like 15 missions with the SRX which is a lot of time since it's the later half of an SRW game.

My only problem with OG2 draft is that it's one of the more heavily per-mediated games in terms of what units you can use. It's probably not until a little over halfway into the game in which your excess units go beyond 3.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Skill points are probably the main mechanical reason why I enjoy SRW despite being faceroll if you even breathe on any upgrades or skills.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Gba og2 was the last time I felt the struggle with max upgrades.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Senerio posted:

Is the Angelg worth upgrading? It's pretty and I don't think I got far enough in OG2 to use it

Which OG2?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hunter Noventa posted:

It's the music licensing nightmare, easier to disable it for the whole game than only when certain tracks are playing.

That's the answer for 90% of why japanese games are blocked streaming. Music or voice acting. Basically what happens if the MRRA was still relevant and powerful.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Z1 is still one of the best games of the last decade.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They blew their story load with zero in z2 and the anti spiral in z3.1.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

KoB posted:

Tekkaman Blade is fuckin cool :colbert:

How can you not get hype when he yells VOLETKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

He said he liked Blade.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Thr pacing is really bad and the story feels at times they think they have 40 episodes but no one told then it's only 26 yet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Alpha 1 was cool because you choose decisions that determined if you got the sdf storyline or the dyrl version.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Saying the switch is a failure means you're predicting pokemon to die.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

All of nintendo teams are joining into one division for the switch. Whatever main team pokemon is going to be on the switch, same as all the other portable teams like fire emblem and animal crossing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, I didn't know that. If they really are going down to just one hardware platform then I'm all for it, because that means it's one step closer to going down to zero.

Living in japan has screwed up your perception of consoles.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

We've pretty much already seen Shinji in Setsuko though on how that carries through a series of games recently

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Loran was good in z1 as well because he had the +30 spirit spell which means instant Moonlight Butterfly and it's kinda busted on a no-upgrade run.

There were some SRWs where amuro wasn't as good because he only had focus and the bosses basically had strike-esque accuracy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm always incredibly disappointed when a new SRW game is announced and they're not using the Z1 squad system. I miss niche units like the Re-Gz being useful lategame because their anti-squad moves were really good and cheap, and Super Gundam was a great support unit because of its strong platoon attack.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Having the anti spiral only be your halfway boss sounds like thr dumbest idea

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Making cyber newtypes is not the hard part

it's keeping them from combusting and killing your own team or go insane or betray you because they found a person that actually cares for them on the enemy's side

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Eva unit 1 had berserk mode for years, and I'm sure there's other one-time power ups that became standard 150+ will power-ups that the series have done before.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Daitarn 3.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You just call ibo the ghetto part of mars

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is there anything to the reason why any Macross isn't in V is because of the whole harmony gold poo poo and they didn't want to risk it?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

Why would harmony gold affect a release of it in singapore? if totally unrelated countries having rights were an issue, let's talk about how Daitarn 3 is still having reruns in Italy and is a classic cartoon there.

Because the Harmony Gold shitstorm specifically is because they own the rights of anything macross outside Japan because of 80's lawyering. It's not built like any other international deal.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Raxivace posted:

How did W do PoD?

Gai is still alive, so basically you do the double Gekidan Flare with emo Akito and everyone's happy

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I hated the Gundam Musou games because they didn't have any gundam music.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Remember Nadescio is on the series list. Wouldn't be the first time they've used Boson Jump Time Travel.

Didn't srw w do silly things like make the prince of darkness time skip likee only 6 months?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Inferno-sama posted:

See, this makes me wonder why they're bothering with it. Are they trying to get people interested enough in it to get people to donate money to see it to completion? Cause I can't think of anything else.

Evangelion as a brand is still a huge name, and the movies are easier to branch off of in terms of content and having more playable units.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Aquarion has a gimmick where a pilot's highest stat counts as the units stats.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ethiser posted:

So Hi-Nu and Nightingale have to be in this right? Hathaway's Flash is the sequel to the novel that they originally come from so if they are going to ever have them them in a game again this seems like the time to do it.

Let me tell you about z1 that had nu gundam and ONLY nu gundam

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Can I still hate SRW for not going back to the Z1 system for like a half dozen games now

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I walked 6 miles in below freezing weather after school to the gamestop in the mall to go and buy OG2 GBA...and the store didn't have it that day

the walk back home was the coldest, worst feeling ever

(I walked the same 6 miles again and got my loving OG2 the next day)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Christ, I may have to buy it if that's the case.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Also and especially that.

I'm just saying that the less Macross Frontier a game contains the better the franchise is. The worst ACE? The one with Macross Frontier. The best recent SRW? The one without Macross Frontier. It isn't a coincidence.

Well if they're going to continue this english trend, you'll never see macross again at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mika and chiciro. Double shutupalready pistol to the cockpit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kallen eventually betrays zero. Mika is so loyal he blames himself for not killing fast enough that made his boss a liar

• Locked thread