Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

[spoiler] Everything with Tetsuya is going to be :krad:.[spoiler]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The best cross series combination attack is the Dancouger one from Z2.2 because they fist bump in the end.

I'm still kind of upset that the original Dancouger didn't show up in Z3.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So Hi-Nu and Nightingale have to be in this right? Hathaway's Flash is the sequel to the novel that they originally come from so if they are going to ever have them them in a game again this seems like the time to do it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Yesssss, to the bench Hathaway.

It's finally Katz's time to shine.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Changed the Great Mazinger's theme to the opening from the anime and now all is right with the world.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm glad I'm not the only person bothered by the little o mouth.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I was excited to buy the DLC to support the English release but 40 Singapore dollars was just too crazy for me. Maybe if you got an extra unit or something I'd be more willing.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

After the first route split the next stage just started and it is titled a Secret Scenario and it is not numbered. It seems to be about Black Mightgaine. Anybody else get this?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Inferno-sama posted:

I took the Japan route and got it. Did you take the same route or the other one?

That is the one I took.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Just save all your points to buy the second upgrade in the Factory as soon as possible. That in addition to Might Gaine's skill that gives 50 every battle, the main character randomly giving you 50 or 100 points, and sub orders giving you 100 every stage give you way more than you need.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 25, 2017

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I've never noticed this in the other games but on the Mech Info screen it has each units official name. Most of them are just the same as the usual name but Eva Unit 1's is All-Purpose Humanoid Decisive Battle Weapon Artificial Human Evangelion Prototype Unit-01 which is amazing.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So did anybody else get a secret stage the stage after you get Mazinger Zero? It was an Eva stage and I got Units 8 and 13. I assume Unit 13 was the secret and I'd have gotten 8 regardless but I just wanted to check.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Being able to start Shinji at 85% sync ratio and 145 morale really makes achieving evolution really easy.

He also has the spirit that gives 30 Focus. At first I was like 170 Focus that going to be a pain but now I can get that turn 1 before even moving.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, it was after Stage 42. I got the Secret Scenario trophy for it and everything so I guess it's another secret. It's a super-easy stage that just vomits items and money at you though so a pretty nice secret.

I got that one. I was kind of disappointed when Secret Scenario popped up and I didn't any sort of new attack or character.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

So you need that just to access their ace ability? I guess I was confused.

No, the skill just makes it take 10 less kills to become an Ace/Great Ace.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Petridish posted:

You know what, I didn't. I forgot I even had that option on that stage. So just missing one ability on a map can screw you over for the true ending? that sucks.

That was the only thing I missed too and I didn't get the secret ending either.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Piloting the Neo Zeong is technically piloting the Sinanju so it's still kind of there.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

They should have just not had her in the Souji route or made her a mechanic. The inexperienced pilot character doesn't work in a story where they don't pilot.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

That's pretty much what happens, though? After they end up in the relatively peaceful AD world Chitose gets off the Yamato's Wild Ride and doesn't show up again until the Gardim plot rears its head in the endgame.

Yeah but I thought even that was too much. She feels like dead weight from the moment she shows up and doesn't really add much at the end.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I really just want the next game to not involve parallel Earths. The only alternate Earth I will accept is the Earth of Byston Well.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I thought the point of Z was that most of the shows had been on their own isolated worlds and the plot merged them all together.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Getsuya posted:

So is V better than the Z2/3 series? They're all available on PSN but they're both significant investments so I figure I'm only going to get one or the other at this point.

I also think V is better but if you ever decide to get the Z games 2 is better than 3.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

That's why I like the games on PS4, I can just suspend the game mid text dump and get back to it later.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Wasn't the big reveal that the whole alt-dimensional fight thing was just entertainment for some kind of space god? That's pretty easy set up for an SRW game.

That was the anime. In the manga it just a weird naturally occurring thing to pare down universes.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

GimmickMan posted:

The subject of trailers was considered taboo to speak in public.

More seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if they're simply transported from another Earth.

They have used the multiple Earths thing too many times in recent games. The fact that a group of what are basically mercenaries exists shouldn't be that hard to explain.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Yeah, everybody knows real trucker robots would run on diesel.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I can't remember, but wasn't something supposed to be off about the Balmar empire in OG in the earlier games? Like all that was left was an automated war machine?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

In universe the late One Year War Zeon suits were just as good as the Gundam. If you wanted to include the original Gundam in SRW and feel the need to give some sort of gameplay justification for it still being good you just have to give Amuro stats so high that his piloting overcomes any weakness that the suit has. That is the main reason it was so good later in 0079 anyway. Also give it Tobe! Gundam as its theme music because that would also make it the best mobile suit in the game.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

Maybe Amuro is like the only person ever who actually read the manual for his robot.

Loran read his, but I don't think he was a very good reader because he definitely skipped over the chapter about how to use nanomachines to make the Turn A do whatever you want it to.

Caphi posted:

Outdated robots regularly get "internal tune-ups" to jack up their stats if necessary. I think this happened to Mazinger if you took the option to pick it instead of Mazinkaiser in Alpha?

Yeah, that is what they would probably do I just think making Amuro into the Gundam version of Chirico is a cooler way to represent that.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jul 31, 2017

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kanos posted:

The Mk2 was explicitly designed cheaply because it is basically a mass production suit instead of an expensive prototype. It actually uses dramatically shittier armor than the original Gundam but is faster and more maneuverable because it's the beginning of the understanding that it doesn't matter how much armor you pile onto a suit if it gets wiped out by a single beam rifle hit anyway. It being built lovely and cheap is illustrated by the fact that it's horribly obsolete before Zeta is even half over, to the point where they have to bolt the G-Defenser to it just to keep it competitive with random Titans grunt suits.

Tell that to my girl Elle who might be the single greatest pilot in the Universal Century.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

They actually referenced the Meganoids multiple times in V so it is probably the most relevant Banjo has been in at least a decade.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It's pilot locked to Katz.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wish you could give the Unicorn to a non-Newtype and whenever you go to NT-D it would stop moving.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

NT-D technically works if you're not a NT but it burns the pilot out super quick. The intended goal was theoretically to create a system that allows Oldtypes to defeat Newtypes but ironically only Newtypes can use it without dying.

Don't the controls pull away and leave the pilot as a human spark plug? I did always think it was weird that you needed Newtypes in your weapon designed to kill Newtypes.

Well then when they go into NT-D their Will drops to 50.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

You could definitely use The Origin and somehow get a young Casval into an Eva.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I was really glad to have Shin Getter back in Z2 but it'd be real nice to see another Getter team.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I like the male OC because he's as close as we are going to get to having Dingo Egreet in a SRW.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

He does use a spear which is at least something that makes him stand out from the Average Good Guy With A Sword character.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

AGE was in the last 3DS game and it seemed fine in it. They just started with the third generation. Also I wish they'd continue making Nintendo handheld games because that's where they had the weirdest series lists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Mecha Gojira posted:

IBO and G-Reco would go together as well as Turn A and Gundam X.

I think what I'm saying is Xabungle.

I saw IBO. I know the bloodbath that occurs when you unleash Mika upon people who don't take war super seriously.

• Locked thread