Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Hokuto posted:

No it's "Einst, zwei, dry". They got two words out of three wrong.

edit: here you go, thank you my benefactor friend

No no. They're clearly telling Alfimi it's time to get out of the bath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Policenaut posted:

Seems to be. Apparently there are some secrets that require Beginner mode?

How many kills does Yon start with to make getting her 70 by stage 12 feisable?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So does Psychodriver do anything for the formerly Psychodriver required weapons? Like increase their range or something, or is NotNewtype just a Hit/Evade boost now.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I think I now have a deeper understanding of Lee's character now.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I'm so glad it's finally here. :allears:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ok how on earth am I supposed to get the SR Point in Stage 3 Space.

Two turns to kill four enemies. I have to use one turn to approach and only three get in range.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ImpAtom posted:

You need to use Ing and Ryoto. Both of them have a twin spell that applies Accelerate + Assault to the units. Twin them with whoever your best attackers are. (One of whom is probably Calvina.)

And I had not paid attention to Twin Spells at all. Figuring they were too expensive to use early game.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I figured it was different development teams.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

EthanSteele posted:

Hugo didn't start with it in MX and its really annoying. It made his time in the Cerberus (probably all of the one stage you're forced to for most people) in 2ndOG much more tolerable.

I used Cerberus waaayyy more then the Garmaid in OG2nd. :colbert:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So it's not just me, right. Moon Dwellers is a starting out a bit harder then past games.

I mean, blowing up 14 units with you having 50% hit rates pre-focus, some of whom evade or defend, then you have to be in the ship by turn 5.

Don't remember anything like that in OG2nd.,

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I have to admit it's great to see they've actually expanded on pilot swappable mecha, to the point where they handwaved a pseudo T-Link system for non psychics so I can put Katina in the Red Punchbien like God intended.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Setsuko. Cooler secrets, plus if you're going to do New Game + for the second Route she natrually gets more PP.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

MonsieurChoc posted:

You won me at more PPs.

Excellent.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh, nice! The super good LP of Z (which I haven't yet finished) has Setsuko as a first run and Rand as a New Game +. This is disturbingly helpful!

Glad to be helpful. :v:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I would not be surprised if after FMW4 is made they release "Fantasy Maiden Wars Complete" which combines all four games into one.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I have to admit, I'm primarily using Yon because her theme owns.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

An OG Draft would work better due to the lesser power disparity plus more flexible pilot swapping.

I'd be up for an OG1/2 draft.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

WrightOfWay posted:

There are apparently no complete unit lists online for OG2 GBA so can someone who has played it more recently take a look at this? The Alt, Weissritter, Angelg and battleships aren't on the list because everyone will have access to them. Am I missing anything? Also, what are all the combiners? I remember SRX but I'm pretty sure there's at least one more.

You missed the Gespenst Type S, and the Huckbien Mk. III and the AM Gunner can combine to the Huckbien Gunner.

Also, wouldn't it be better to do the draft by Pilot rather then Mech?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Fair enough, I was just worried you'd be picking mech and pilot.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 5, 2016

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

WrightOfWay posted:

Definitely not. Pilot switching is allowed and encouraged. The Kai, Katina and Russel bit is just to differentiate them since they have the same name. Also, I don't remember but do you keep the Huckebein Trombe and Grungust Type 3 after Ratsel and Sanger upgrade? If you do I'll add them but if not I'll just make them part of the same pick.

You keep the Huckbien Trombe (and theres a small secret to make it a nornal Mk. III) but not the Type 3.

Edit: What are the rules going to be for combined units? I see three ways it can be done.

A) In order to use the Combined unit you need to draft all its component units.
B) You draft the Combined unit, but are not allowed to use its component units separately unless you draft them.
C) If you draft a component unit, you can use the Combined unit, but not the other component units uncombined unless you draft them too.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 5, 2016

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Davzz posted:

I suspect OG2 is going to be painful for anyone who doesn't draft a bunch of combo mech since there's a heavy reliance on spamming those in the late game against HP bloat bosses.

Alteisen and Weisritter are free. Worst case scenerio max out Rampage Ghost and spam Enable. :v:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Be the first to wow the world by beating OG2 with the Huckbein Mk II M and the Jet.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

KoB posted:

Soulgain isnt obtainable in OG2.

Make SRX count as two units to fix this and bring back an even distribution. :v:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

GilliamYaeger posted:

Wouldn't you be able to bypass that restriction with cheats?

That's cheating.

Plus, honestly, since it's Lamia locked and Angelg is free it's actually suboptimal for a draft even if you could get it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Edit:Never Mind

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 5, 2016

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rascyc posted:

I guess they did introduce that newbie route which seems to be a unique set of 13 stages or whatever? I don't know, didn't look at them but they are a separate line on the scenario chart. Or maybe that's something else.

They better not go straight to Z and skip SRW W :(

They're going to have W next game. Every OG game since OG2 has had a handheld SRW in release sequence. OG2 had A, OGG had R, OG2nd had D, finally Moon Dwellers has J.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ImpAtom posted:

At this point they introduced Ain and the Balmar Fucks, Touma, Selena, and Kusuha's done her A2 plot. A3 HAS to be next game.

Oh gee it sure is interesting that they redrew the R-Gun and Art-1 for MD. While leaving the rest of the R-series alone.

Wonder what's up with that. :allears:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Montegoraon posted:

Wasn't the word that the Z series wouldn't be included in OG? You know, because of reasons.

Terada said in an interview years ago that the Z originals weren't designed with OG in mind. For some reason people take this to mean that no Z characters will appear in OG ever.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

WrightOfWay posted:

I legitimately like SRW gameplay a lot. They're pretty unique SRPGs and a lot of them have some kind of game specific mechanic even if the core gameplay is the same.

:same:

Super Robot Wars is one of the oldest SRPG series around and has some unique elements that I can't spot anywhere else.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Z made me really want to watch Baldios and God Sigma.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yes it's total money earned, not just unspent money.

I don't know about PP though. in some SRWs they put all PP earned in a pool and distribute it evenly for New Game +, while others just carry over each pilots total PP counts.

EXP never carries over.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Schwarzwald posted:

What was in it for Bian Zoldark to fund the Granzon?

Bian is Ryusei with PhDs.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So wait are we actually having selectable protagonists for the first time since Z1?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

HitTheTargets posted:

You think that's nuts, some OG mechs like the Grungust run on Nuclear Pulse Generator. Near as I can work out, that's either meaningless technobabble or they use nuclear fuel for loving internal combustion.

Just remember that real life nuclear power plants use the awesome power of splitting the atom to heat water in order to turn the turbines that actually make the electricity.

I can totally see mad scientist Dr. Jonathan Kazahara decide to cut the middle man and make his sons sweet ride just use tiny nuclear explosions to turn the turbines.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tae posted:

Because the Harmony Gold shitstorm specifically is because they own the rights of anything macross outside Japan because of 80's lawyering. It's not built like any other international deal.
I thought it was more like Harmony Gold claims they do and nobody in Japan feels it's worth the money to take them to court to prove them wrong.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yeah in Puzzle Robo attacks can't miss (unless Alert is used) and won't crit (unless Fighting Spirit is used)

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Find the gameshark code that let's you skip animations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Hokuto posted:

Since we're talking Gundam...

Please tell me this is a real scene from Alpha 2.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Also K had the whole plagiarism mess which probably doesn't help it's standing.

(The final boss of K's theme is straight up Magus' theme from Chrono Trigger and other one of the map themes ripped off Lufia II)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Remember Nadescio is on the series list. Wouldn't be the first time they've used Boson Jump Time Travel.

• Locked thread