Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm definitely getting a PS4 for this.

...eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

If the Vita version had gotten translated I could already be playing it. :(

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Well, after the lesson earlier this page, it turns out I suck at SRW games.

...I just select Basic Order.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Because I apparently hate my money, I got Pride of Justice and the PS2 CLassic version of Z. :doh:

Which routes should I do first?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Setsuko. Cooler secrets, plus if you're going to do New Game + for the second Route she natrually gets more PP.

You won me at more PPs.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Oh, nice! The super good LP of Z (which I haven't yet finished) has Setsuko as a first run and Rand as a New Game +. This is disturbingly helpful!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Luceid posted:

Him and Calvina in the same twin will handle entire armies, yep. Truth in advertising!

Awaken, BellGranRymer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8pFD8_-dRw

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Ethiser posted:

Make the Coustwell be piloted by an AI of Jau-Mu who just yells crazy things the whole time.

JehutyCalvina!

Edit: Dammit, I have to restart the third mission because I blew up Emma.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 27, 2016

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Denzel's great. GO, GLORY STAR, GO!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I want Ring to come back with CEO, and Gilliam to get Negotiator.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Caphi posted:

Then Akemi, Akimi, Raul and Fiona should get Salaryman.

I'm not disagreeing.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dammit, I forgot to abuse the Bronco II loophole.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

WrightOfWay posted:

Would anyone be interested in a SRW draft? For those who aren't familiar, a draft is where each player takes turns picking units and then compete to see who can get the lowest turn count. It's mostly a Serenes Forest thing for Fire Emblem but it works just as well for SRW games and this thread is one of the bigger English speaking SRW communities out there. If a couple people are interested I can start a thread in PGS for it. I'm not sure what game yet, but I was thinking maybe MX. I'm open to suggestions.

How about OG1/OG2 on GBA, for a team full of Gespensts?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Tighran posted:

Between this and Gundam Breaker 3 getting a (mostly) competent translation, I'm super excited. Has Bamco said if this effort has been a success and if they plan to continue putting out Singapore region releases in English?

Edit: Holy poo poo, G Generation Genesis is getting English as well? This is amazing. And naturally it happens when I don't have a job and spare income.

I still don't have a PS4 to get Moon Dwellers. I know your pain.

Why couldn't the PS3/Vita versions also get english release dammit!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm tempted but I'm not sure how good I'd be/if I'd actually keep up.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

If I don't get the Jet I will be very cross.

Good luck!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm excited for Crowe stealing Ing's lunch money next game.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

KoB posted:

Makes more sense than giving the pizza delivery boy a giant robot within 5 minutes.

I'd like Touma a lot more if he was OG Philip J. Fry.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Davzz posted:

I don't think that's strictly true - FF Tactics is like the gold standard of SRPG for many people and it isn't really that hard outside of a handful of difficulty spikes, but IMO the variety of choices in that game appeal to people because they tend to convey new form of playstyles - charge-based magic plays differently from instant physicals and there's a lot of utility scattered throughout the jobs to pick and mix, whereas SRW's "choice" if you remove animations out of the equation is usually "Do I want to use something with bigger numbers or smaller ones"

Tactics Ogre" :colbert:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Senerio posted:

I imported Moon Dwellers, and the other games I played were Alpha Gaiden, J and Original Generation (I might have also played OG2, I don't remember). Any tips?

Have fun, the most important tip.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Wasn't she a sniper-type character with her own custom mech from a card game originally? I think I remember reading that in the mega OGs let's play.

*googles*

Yep, it was called the GAB-L. Maybe it's gonna be in the game after MD?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Some G Generation Genesis Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CJK3UUK-Bw

They also show DLC like 24 minutes into the video. Special stages, MS, characters, etc...

A more proper DLC list is here (instead of a Powerpoint): http://ggg.ggame.jp/special/privilege.php - Free for preorders? First printings? I'm not sure, but I assume it's the first printing as it has a date range which I assume is how much time you have to buy it Digitally to get the DLC free.

Hathaway's Flash DLC though. Happy about that. Seems to be the most sizable of the bunch as it has two scenarios, characters and MS. It will also be out in December which is cool as well. The other DLC seem to be unit only? So no Io or Daryl?

As an aside, I do like it in Full Boost if you have ReGZ go up against Xi Gundam, Chan does her "Hathaway?!" voice line from CCA.

I agree with the guys asking "Where's F91 and V?"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I was surprised at liking Frontier, mostly because Cheryl is a surprisingly three-dimensional character and her relationship with Alto felt pretty real.

Ranka though, I didn't like.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Hokuto posted:

Today I bring to you the Secret Hangar entry of Viletta Vadim, ace detective.

edit: and someone scanned the picture that goes with it

quote:

Soft heelclicks echoed in the control room as a woman walked in, one with a cunning gaze, chiseled features, and smart contours. It was Viletta Vadim, commander of the SRX team, a drop-dead gorgeous woman gifted with both acuity and allure.

:allears:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I wish they did another post-apoc game like Alpha Gaiden. This time around they could add Eureka Seven and G-Reco!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I just realized that by preordering the VIta version, I've locked myself out of the Hathaway's Flash DLC (since you can't just switch accounts on a Vita). Unless there'S some way of installing the DLC by passing through a PS3?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dammit, looks like I need to get a third memory card for my Vita so I can have a SIngapore account.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I sure hope so, though if it supports custom BGM, it's not a real problem. I already purchased a lot of these Gundam songs (and stuff like Getter Robo and EVA) and have been using the vocal versions on my Vita and PS3 with SRWZ3.

Also, PS4 doesn't support MP3s on the system itself, right? You need a USB device plugged in, right? Or has this changed? Cause worst case, I just pop in a USB drive with all my imported songs... unless they don't let you use songs from outside the game which would be a real bummer.

Vita does, though.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I think it's weird how the The Guests were the least threatening villains in OG2nd, but had the best music theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8HdyK8HqBE

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I hope the Original music in V is good, because the last good original theme is in, like, Z2-1 or something.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think Z3 and especially Z3-2 has a shitload of good original music.

I mostly remember them being bland and forgettable, and Crowe's new theme being terrible, but admittedly I haven't finished Z3 yet.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

Throw in Gundam 00 S2 for some hobo-Exia & Black Getter action.

Why aren't you guys working for Banpresto? :(

Edit: Bellri should be part of the murder squad for no good reasons.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I pre-ordered it online, so I'm gonna get my copy by Christmas I guess.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Kingtheninja posted:

All I know is I couldn't watch more than the first episode of cross ange, and I'm kinda wishing there was a different series in V.

I'll keep dreaming of the Wings of Light and the Reinforce Jr in HD...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INA1j4S9wSU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I just remembered in V it's the girl that got the Grungust and the boy that got the Huckebein and I get hype all over again.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNrK1npQIiQ

Well that's the weirdest video game related thing I'm going to learn all month.

Ohmygod, Minifée. I remember that from Quebec tv during my childhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdmKiII5HMs

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I always think Elle and Roux deserve main character stats, seeing the stuff they pull off in the series.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Masaki being added to X-Omega got me to reinstall the lovely game. Turns out I forgot to back-up and lost my account, but somehow I don't really care.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

There are still mobile games that don't have automatic cloud saving? Why have games on an always-on internet device in the first place then?

Yeah, it's weird. If I lost my Brave Exvius/Record Keeper/Fate Gacha account, I'd be pissed. But X-Omega? Meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Prism posted:

I heard (but cannot confirm, since I haven't played them) that this was true in some earlier G Gen games and levels gained in space were better for Awakening.

It sounds both improbable and yet something that might be snuck in somewhere.

That sounds like something Cavia would make.

• Locked thread