Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I was still hoping for "With this crabstick, I will translate Super Robot Wars"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Midjack posted:

Yes, Christmas Island has the .cx tld.

holy crap this makes so much sense

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

MarsDragon posted:

His ultimate dream was to be ridden by Sanger. This is Fact.

EDIT: Shine's crush on Rai is actually pretty good, because last I checked, OG let subpilots count for relationship bonuses. All you have to do is put Shine next to the SRX for a nice little damage boost.

No, no, Shine loves Rai and not the other way around. The Fairlion gets a boost from being next to the SRX.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

MarsDragon posted:

...yes, exactly. That's what I said, good job.

I thought you were referring to the SRX getting the boost from Shine :saddowns: I'm sorry, carry on

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

GilliamYaeger posted:

So I've just finished playing through the 4 stage demo patch for A Portable, and drat this game is a lot more enjoyable in English, and I like what they did with Lamia's 'accent'. I'm really looking forward to the full release, which should hopefully be in the next year or so considering they've translated 41% of the game (though sadly it's unlikely we'll get a new demo patch that continues beyond the game's intro)

How do they handle it? I feel the best way to do it would be to stack random affirmative prepositions and adverbs onto the ends of her sentences.

"Enemy sighted it turns out I'm just saying actually. Commencing with mission totally for real you know."

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Caphi posted:

Got curious so I checked the blurbs in the trailer.

Souji: Lunar Special Strategic Research Laboratory, Guard Platoon Member
Chitose: Third Special Strategic Research Laboratory, Guard Platoon Member

Probably Earth and Space routes to start with?

Third, as in third planet in the solar system? Sounds about right.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The Nadesico is good, but it's no Valzacard/Max Jenius Battle 7/Zero Ikaruga.

The Valzacard hits the damage cap. That doesn't happen in Super Robot Wars.

Hell, the Dunbine battleships have aura barriers, which functioned like AT Fields back in the day.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Have you monkeyed with custom soundtrack options in SRW, yet? You don't really select music for listening, rather you assign different theme songs to play during each unit's animations (on a per-unit basis, with a few exceptions). Instead of putting on Darude - Sandstorm, you set it so that Darude - Sandstorm plays whenever Shin Mazinkaiser attacks and maybe also that Chuck Mangione - Feels So Good plays whenever Shin Getter-1 attacks.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
You need to ask a mod for help if you want to change the title.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

KoB posted:

"Focus" spirit is now called Zero-in.

Right, because Will is now Focus. Huh.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'm spoiling this just because aaaaaaaaa

The game has Yuusou

THE GAME HAS YUUSOU

holy poo poo

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Kingtheninja posted:

What does the skill Stat relate to? It's the only one I can't figure out. Also, what are people going after first in the skill tree thing?

Edit: and cpb attributes for attacks, that's the other thing I can't figure out.

I don't have V in my hands yet, but Skill traditionally determines critical hit rate and pilot ability trigger rate (Deflect, Intercept, Attack Again, Counter, Shield Defense, however they translate these).

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Willo567 posted:

OK, I need this game right now

Unfortunately, Play-Asia seems to be out of Singapore PSN cards, and I prefer my games digital. Does anyone know how long they take to restock?

When did you put your order in? Mine says 48 hours, meaning they're "on the way to restocking" or whatever.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
If you don't understand something, press Square and it'll open up the dictionary. You can then look up a biography of the speaker or define highlighted terms.

I actually recommend against looking at biographies (or the robot encyclopedia) because they contain spoilers. The highlighted terms are usually clean, though.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
List of "Holy poo poo" discoveries I've made so far:
- Gravity Wave Beam no longer has a maximum distance.
- Fortune/Bless lasts until you kill an enemy.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Either I'm crazy, or I just found a hidden stash of money on the map by moving onto its tile.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
My biggest problem with Cross Ange is that I'm absolutely certain Nine's bonus TacP for understanding people comes from interactions on the field, and twice in a row I've had her walk into the Cross Ange Locker Room and they all told her to gently caress off. The first time it happened, she was like, "I guess I haven't had a proper introduction," like it's somehow my fault that I didn't want to use a dozen useless maniacs.

Hell, if they didn't force deploy literally all of them on their introductory mission, they would rot at 0 kills forever. I was actually relieved when I thought they were all going to die.

edit: My one consolation is that for the last 10 missions, Ryoma and the Black Getter have been making a mess somewhere in the Cross Ange/Gundam SEED Destiny rear end in a top hat world.

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 25, 2017

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Okay, so I'm 100% sure that there's a secret bonus TacP objective on every stage once Nine is introduced, and it functions like old SR points (do something plotty). I also got a Secret Scenario (Black Might Gaine, possibly a secret unit, too?) for doing the latest one (beating Hiryu using only Mightgaine).

Other oddities: If you take 0 damage, Persist doesn't wear off. The Recommended slots in the Factory are the primary source of Parts once it's unlocked, and parts that show up there usually aren't available in the main Factory menu.

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 25, 2017

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
YES I UNLOCKED BLACK MIGHTGAINE THROUGH THE POWER OF TONGUE TWISTERS

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
HOLY poo poo NINE JUST GAVE ME 300 POINTS FOR DOING THAT

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The trick isn't nearly as hard as you think. If you think a character is gonna have a conversation with a boss, have that character attack the boss, then go to the Factory for the conversation. For what I just did, on Scenario 17, don't fight Joe the Ace with anybody except Mightgaine, and it'll give you a Tac conversation at the Factory that opens up the Black Mightgaine mission. You get 100 TacP for the conversation and another 300 if you visit the Factory after completing the mission.

edit: Also, when asked, go to the party

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 25, 2017

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Dr Pepper posted:

Please tell me the entire game has Shinn not putting up with Cross Ange's crap. :allears:

The Destiny crew joined during a Cross Ange route split, so I was stoked to find out when they joined back up that their show was completely finished.

Also, Prince of Darkness might be getting the SRW Z SEED Destiny treatment.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
edit2: I was smart enough to discover the touchpad button but not smart enough to use it. My shame is forever immortalized.

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 25, 2017

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Blockhouse posted:

define "in formation"

Touching, so they can use the combination attack. The photo was taken after Mao had already left the formation, so the effect sticks around all turn as long as they started it in formation.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Supremezero posted:

Uh, you sure this isn't just ECS being ECS.

well don't i look stupid

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
But seriously, though, gently caress Cross Ange.

They fixed Prince of Darkness. Kappei called Akito out in a graveyard, Akito apologizes and joins your group, you go to Mars and clean the place out immediately after hitting Amaterasu, and then loving dragons ruin everything. What's worse, after everybody gets universe-hopped due to Yurika saving everybody from dragons, the Cross Ange idiots start talking poo poo about the new Earth. THEN, when Soji (who is a very cool dude and a good original) is like, "Ladies, that's not very polite," they outright tell him to buzz off.

Finishing the scenario chart is gonna be agony. I hate these people and I hate everything from their show. They shoulda just skipped airtighting their stupid Para Mails and went all "oops, they must've suffocated" after dropping them into space.

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 27, 2017

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Supremezero posted:

I went and watched Cross Ange while waiting for this to come out. You might not believe it, but at least relatively, this is fixed for it. Ange's like a hundred times better.

Hilda's actually possibly an even bigger dick, though. Might just be more opportunities for dickery.

(you should spoiler your quote like in my edit)

That's what has me worried. I was wondering whether the show got handled straight because it's the debut or if the show got fixed. I've never seen Cross Ange, mind.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Day 1: Holy poo poo, Gravity Wave Beam has infinite range.
Day 2: Holy poo poo, the Black Selena's Custom Bonus gives it a Gravity Wave Antennae!
Day 3: HOLY poo poo GRAVITY WAVE ANTENNAE IS A POWER PART

And with that, Kappei got the "kill 10 enemies in 1 stage" trophy by Moon Attacking 5 times a turn for 5 turns straight.

Since Akurasu hasn't updated, yet:
Black Selena: Gains Gravity Wave Antennae ability. Move +1.
Mightgaine: Drive Wheel Sword weapons +250 attack power. EN +50. Move + 1.
nu Gundam: Newtype weapons have increased attack power, depending on the Newtype level of the pilot.
Unicorn Gundam: Newtype weapons have increased attack power, depending on the Newtype level of the pilot.
00 QAN[T]: Allies within 2 spaces are unaffected by special weapons. EN +100.
Crossbone Gundam X-1 Kai Kai: All CQB weapons gain Barrier Buster and CRT is increased by 30.
Gundam ZZ: Hi Mega Cannon weapons cost 20 less EN and require 10 less Focus.
Zambot 3: Zambot Moon Attack is always a critical hit on Night and Space maps.
VangRay: +1 Power Parts slot.
Space Battleship Yamato: +1 Power Parts slot.
Nadesico: Gravity Blast weapons cost 25 less EN. EN +80.
Great Mazinger: Armor +300. EN +50.
Black Getter: All weapons gain S Rank on all terrain types.

Soji: +10% Damage. +1 Move.
Maito: 100 TacP from President.

I'm doing this manually, so please post whatever custom and ace bonuses you don't see, here. This is my first truly blind playthrough of an SRW which feels really cool, but I'm always worried I'm gonna upgrade or ace somebody who has a really lame bonus.

Also, Nine's Encouragement is the most broken item in the game. Nobody has Valor yet, but I set up a 23k damage single hit from a level 23 Mightgaine using the NE Bravery cast and Smash Hit.

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Feb 27, 2017

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Supremezero posted:

Seabook, who's that, there's no one in the cast named Seabook, no sir.

Kincaid is the best, though. Maybe you should try him.

If that isn't Seabook, why does F91 Sortie play when he attacks, hrmm?? :smugbert:

That said, this is my first custom mp3 SRW and holy cow. Just changing everybody's songs from their OP songs to their series' respective battle music feels so much cooler. I even Black, Shin, and Shin 2+3 separate songs. That doesn't even touch on the finishers-- my ZZ has 3 different songs (Silent Voice normally, Judau in Space for the Map weapon, and Activate!! ZZ!! for HMCFP). No wonder Judau's one of my top aces.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Samurai Sanders posted:

Haha, there was absolutely no fanfare involved with the Danaan going to space this time, it was just like, of COURSE this submarine can operate in space too, and also no discussion about how it managed to get there, just that it took a lot of preparation. I love SRW.

It gets even better. Just wait.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The really bizarre thing is that Evas don't get full regen when they're plugged in, and they don't have to worry about the length of the cord, either.

I should note that GWA only provides regen if you field the Nadesico. You have to use the factory regen item if you want it all the time.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Supremezero posted:

To be fair, I'm not really sure why you wouldn't field the Nadesico. You get like 3 ship slots anyway.

Route splits.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I bumrushed the Tech 2 Tac boost, then I split my effort between the Skill Tree, Factory, and the Tech 3 Crit boost. Factory parts are all extremely good to the point where my main bottleneck is part slots.

ImpAtom posted:

Certain characters (Ryouma and Shinji in particular) have special features that require them to have 170 morale so giving them maxed-out Focus Overlimit or whatever it's called is a must.

Wait, what?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Supremezero posted:

Ryouma's ace bonus boosts damage at 170 focus (which is the max you can get with the enhancers), which, given that it's Shin Getter, works out to a pretty big boost, while Shinji eventually unlocks Awakened 01 that activates at 170 focus.

Is Awakened 01 an ace bonus or an upgrade?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Also, Attacker affects both stats at once, so you'd have to double that.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Weissritter posted:

What units have armor down weapons in V? So far i only notice the daitarn 3 having it.

Once you get Space Combination, Zambot 3 technically has it.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I've kept Ange (and everybody else from that show) away from the battlefield out of sheer loathing, and I know for a fact it's cost me TAC points.

My primary recommendation for making her useful: Spiral Effector. Ignore Size and Barrier Buster, with +CQB damage as icing. It's way better on the QAN[T], though.

33 missions in, and my top aces are Soji, Maito, Akito, Kappei, Okita. Akito in particular has been an engine of death since he can reliably pierce barriers and comes with Potential 9. Black Selena's custom bonus lets you spam finishers endlessly, IFS gives huge boosts if you up his Focus limit, he's fast as gently caress, Distortion Fields are great (and even better once Potential kicks in), and he gets a better version of Kappei's Ace bonus. Change his music to Let's Go Geki-Ganger III and you've got a winner.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I was expecting Black Mightgaine's Ace bonus to be identical to Gaine's, and I couldn't have been more wrong. He casts a free Bravery once he reaches 150 Focus. That's pretty good.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Do you actually get to use the Yamato cannon or is it cutscene-only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

ImpAtom posted:

It's understandable why as the Wave Motion Cannon is "break the 4-digit power cap" strong.

That's the thing-- they say it can destroy continents, but I was expecting it to show up around the time as Shin Getter Scythe or insert planet destroying attack here.

• Locked thread