Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Problem description: Windows Failed to Start: Error 0xc000000f

Attempted fixes: I noticed the SSD wasn't showing up in the BIOS. I turned off the PC and wiggled/reconnected the sata cable. Had to do this several times before it worked (2-4 times). My previous computer was a nightmare during it's death throes so I want to tackle any potential problems asap. The SSD also doesn't allow the sata cable to clip in, so you can just gently pull it out. Despite that, it didn't start up fine the first time after reconnecting the cable and making sure it's as snug as can be.

Recent changes: New computer. Has been working great otherwise.

--

Operating system: W10 64-bit

System specs:
Corsair 200r Case
i7-6700k Skylake CPU
Asus 1070 GPU
16GB G.Skill Trident RAM
Asus Z170 MOBO
Corsair CX750W PSU

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes/No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd try another SATA cable and put it on another port.

Also, what is the D drive? That one could have an issue.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Back up your data just to be safe, but yeah I'd get rid of your failing drive D: and you probably won't have further issues.

Diesl
Aug 7, 2016
Have you run a disk check on your computer? It's pretty easy to do and might help diagnose/fix your issue. If you start command prompt in admin mode --> type "chkdsk D: /f /r /x" (I'm assuming D drive is the issue drive in this case) and let it run from there.

Diesl fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 12, 2016

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?
Have you tried using a different SATA port for the disk?

A quick Google says that board has two types, I had a similar issue with an SSD plugged into a Marvell SATA6 port until I moved it to a SATA3 Intel port.

• Locked thread