Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Let Paarthunax live because he is awesome and the personality and speech quirks are part of his charm.

I also felt really awful after I killed him once I got back to High Hrothgar and had to endure Arngeir bawling me out for what I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm catching up on this LP bit by bit. I'm watching Mr. Puffles die repeatedly to a frost troll and my reaction is WHY ARE THOSE ARROWS NOT POISONED :gonk: Seriously, you picked the worst possible way to kill the drat thing. I'm playing a dark elf mage right now and she just roasts those sumbitches with fire magic while sculling magicka potions.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Twiggymouse posted:

Would you rather the game be played competently or by UZworm? The two seem to be mutually exclusive.

LOL hear that, UZworm? You suck, apparently.

I'm debating if I should restart my Morrowind screenshot LP or start it over with video. The thing that killed it for me was playing with the Atronach sign; if I start over I will NOT play Atronach and just take my chances with base magic resistance.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

UZworm posted:

Are you implying that my incompetence at video games is some kind of hidden knowledge

I suppose I can tolerate your incompetence and drunkenness as long as the LP continues to be amusing.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
*UZworm and company giggling about Falmer earwax*

You guys laugh at the stupidest poo poo. Also, Mr. Puffles is badly in need of Heavy Armour skill, resist potions and resist enchantments to keep the Falmer and Dwemer automatons from putting the hurt on him. Fortify Carry Weight wouldn't hurt either.

EDIT: Found these on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq6h85VFfEU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqEVCTMkBnI

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Dec 23, 2016

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Two of the best glitches I had were a good chunk of the ground going missing inside Whiterun, which allowed me to jump down onto the overworld terrain underneath and go crawling around under the city, and a HUGE section of ground and cliffside going missing in Solitude which actually allowed me to get at the merchants' chests. This was on PS3, mind you, which means the merchants' stuff is usually completely inaccessible.

edit: JFC UZWORM YOU AIM LIKE AN IMPERIAL STORMTROOPER

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 25, 2016

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, sure, after Mercurio blasts them to bits with lightning for you. Does he have to cut up Mr. Puffles's food too? *snickers at the mental image*

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"The thread sucks! gently caress the thread!"

gently caress you, you cynical, dragonslayer-wannabe dickhole. PAARTHUNAX RULES!

Poil posted:

Maridia's quest is indeed terrible (or however you spell her name). Same linear corridors as usual but all enemies are stuck at level 1 and die in one hit except for the last guy who is a higher-level-than-you mage with a ton of mana and area spells. It also has annoying unskippable dialog with someone who just goes on for way too long, as usual.

Try beating Malkoran with a Dunmer mage (negligible frost resistance yay) with Lydia pulling aggro for you and then tell me how bad you had it, scrub.

The quest reward - Dawnbreaker - is well worth the trouble, though, since it is ridiculously overpowered in the early game. Ditto with Mephala's quest.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Poil posted:

Lydia is terrible, why are you bringing her? Always bring awesome :drac:waifu instead.

Also why are you complaining as a dunmer, you have resistance against his fireballs (if he decides to cast those instead of ice storm). :colbert:

1. Because Avunsea (my Dunmer) hasn't met her yet. Also Serana is stuck physically and emotionally a teenager after she not-entirely-consensually had vampirism screwed into her; she is not yours, my, or anyone else's goddamn waifu. :colbert: I'm pretty sure Bethesda made her unmarriageable for exactly that reason.* I did Meridia's quest early in the game. while I was mopping up side quests from Whiterun because sidequests are my jam and stop looking at me like that.

2. HE NEVER EVER loving USES ANYTHING OTHER THAN ICE SPELLS. THAT'S WHY I'M COMPLAINING, YOU NINCOMPOOP.

*if a 'Dragonborn and Serana, sitting in a tree' mod exists (and my experience with modding communities tells me it probably does), does it use dummied out dialogue recorded just for modders, like the dying children thing? If it does, I feel so, so sorry for Laura Bailey right now.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Poil posted:

He's killed me with fire spells. :saddowns: Could be from SPERG maybe? :supaburn:

Rikke: I'm telling you, General, the necromancer can use fire spells.
Tullius: He'd be insane to try. The character's a dark elf.
Rikke: That's not what the Goons report, sir. SPERG can have unexpected effects on a custom virtual environment.
Tullius: It's not a virtual environment. It's a game.
Rikke: Call it what you like, General, they made something happen down in that ruin.
Tullius: The Steam Workshop...
Rikke: The Steam Workshop doesn't take any responsibility for any character behaviour changes in Skyrim.
Tullius: You people and your drat mods.
Rikke: Sir? You can't force a seasoned player to be content with a vanilla game.
Tullius: You modders and your bloody creativity.
Rikke: Sir.

Poil posted:

*There is dialog in the game files and the mod(s) use that. It's not terrible, by Skyrim standards. At least it's not long winded.

:gonk:

RareAcumen posted:

Is that not what everyone else has been calling Mercurio?

Mercurio is neither vampire nor waifu, so no.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't see how Skyrim is repetitive unless you're constantly spelunking or doing bandit raids. I'm in Solstheim at the moment (went there after giving the Horn to Arngeir, just to shake things up a bit) and things have just been crazy story wise.

edit: unless you think mowing down waves of monsters is boring, in which case just turn up the difficulty

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 30, 2016

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

I don't even know what the story is most of the time. I know the broad strokes, but it all boils down to "go to a place, kill a bunch of dudes, take a thing" and there's not really any variety to any of it. It really doesn't matter which particular quest you're doing, it's just more of the same. It's OK when you're still getting new spells and stuff, but that's just a tiny fraction of how long it would take to actually do everything.

It seems to me like RPGs aren't your speed, then. If you can't be bothered to listen to the dialogue, read the in-game books and solicit background information from NPCs or even just find other stuff to do in the open world (sometimes I eschew fast travel for long horse rides that allow me to admire the scenery) maybe you should just toss your copy of Skyrim and go play a linear FPS or simulator instead.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You're also really bad at cover-based combat.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Casting my vote for Windstad. Mr. Puffles isn't going to adopt, is he?

It's too bad there's no option to rebuild one of the destroyed houses in Winterhold. Oh well, there's always mods.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:getin:

Will it have a trophy room?

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Protip: you'd die a lot less if you were snappier with the potion-chugging and kept your health above the insta-kill threshold.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I finished my dark elf playthrough: it was the first time I'd done Season Unending since I usually pick a side in the war.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Loco, you are a twit. UZworm, please make a point of telling him I said that.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

UZworm posted:

The LP has been a bit quiet lately because I've been working a lot and haven't had much time to record any new episodes.

Also because I'm spending my time making dumb poo poo like this.

We'll be back soon!

The cowbell is what sells it.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
0_0

I'm almost afraid to ask what happened to the old one...

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO BE TOLD SERANA IS NOT YOUR WAIFU

seriously do I have to get Laura Bailey herself to explain this poo poo to you or what

edit: also your house sucks troll dicks

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Schubalts posted:

Even Vivec rewrote his own backstory to get it on with Bal.

loving Elder Scrolls lore, man. It's crazy, crazy poo poo, but when you realize CHIM is just 'Vivec and company know they're characters in a video game and rewrote it from the inside to make themselves gods', it actually makes quite a bit of sense.

Poil posted:

Did you know that "bork" is actually an old Swedish racial slur about gullible foreigners? :sweden:

Even if that were true, I doubt many foreigners would care. It's a fun word.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
^ I cannot make heads or tails of that.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

it's a half assed The Enigma of Amigara Fault joke based off the video's marcurio shaped doggy door joke

I still don't get it.

It would help if I could read the lovely writing.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

LOLwut

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

UZworm posted:

:siren: NEW UPDATE :siren:

Episode 26 - Mr. Puffles Reads Some Scrolls

We're getting fairly close to the end of Dawnguard here with some scroll reading action. Action packed, I say.

If you like Chamillionaire you'll probably like this video.

Goddess's panties, UZworm, have you not heard of the Clairvoyance spell? You know, the seemingly useless spell that actually helps you find the correct path to a quest location instead of you having to scale mountains and leap off rocks (as fun as that can be)?

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 19, 2017

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

White Coke posted:

It turns out that Mr. Puffles doesn't actually hate Morndas.

If this forum had a reputation system, I'd give you +rep.

Materant posted:

That's not remotely as infuriating to his co-commentators viewers interesting, though. Also, gently caress Clairvoyance.

BUT IT HELPS YOU GRIND ILLUSION

I WOULD NEVER GET BETTER ILLUSION SPELLS WITHOUT IT

UZworm posted:

The next video contains possibly the worst thing I have ever created in my entire existence as a YouTube video maker, and I apologize for nothing.

Gotta be honest with you, bro... I don't see how this LP can get any worse.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fish Noise posted:

And now we sit back and see if that opening gives Screaming Llama an aneurysm.

yourheadasplode.gif

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

UZworm posted:

:siren: NEW UPDATE! :siren:

Episode 31 - Ms. Puffles Saves the Children

We're doing the Dark Brotherhood, and we've got a new character to undertake it because holy poo poo would Mr. Puffles be bad at this.

1. The pickpocket trainer is in Windhelm, not Whiterun. Her name is Silda the Unseen.
2. Astrid's dagger is the Blade of Woe, which is also the dagger Lucien Lachance gives you in Oblivion.

UZworm posted:

Episode 32 - Ms. Puffles Kills the Homeless

Having a job sucks! But I'm finally back with another update. Maybe there will be more. Stay tuned :o :o :o

Am I the only one who thinks Astrid is sexy? Fun fact: Cindy Robinson also voiced Gwen McNamara in Fallout 4.

Also, you dickheads were talking over Babette's kickass story where she eats a child molester. Could you not shut up for five minutes?

EDIT: Cicero must DIE.

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 13, 2017

• Locked thread