Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I am really excited to participate in this LP of [INSERT GAME NAME HERE] by my good friend [INSERT FRIEND NAME HERE]. We will have a [INSERT ADJECTIVE PREDICTING QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE] time together!

Also, why did you have to call me out on starting a new Hard Reset game, whhhhyyy. Everyone will know my shame :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

jaydee864 posted:

I played through Ground Zeroes' story mission, started up Phantom Pain, but only got a couple missions in before I got distracted by other new games and never went back to finish what I started. I think part of why I never bothered to go back is because I refused to go lethal despite not having the patience for stealth because, dammit, it's a Metal Gear game and stealth is the way you're "supposed" to play it, right?

This game seems to have gone in a more Arcadey style than other MGS games. To play any other MGS you needed the patience of a saint because you would always get into lengthy codec calls and the like, and the levels were smaller. So, having to wait out an enemy for stealth purposes slotted into the experience a little more coherently. What I am seeing so far in MGSV is a much more fun looking experience, but one that spent more time on making lethal stuff more fun than it did on non-lethal alternatives.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Hrm, we'll look into some solutions for the sound. Probably can't fix the existing videos too easily, but I have a few audio tricks we can pull if just adjusting levels won't quite cut it.

• Locked thread