Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

White Coke posted:

Where did Nathan's heretofore unheard of brother come from? Upriver?

Makes about as much sense as anything we've seen so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I thought smoking wasn't a sin, though?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Squarely Circle posted:

RIP Wonder-Raiden

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Samovar posted:

On a completely unrelated note, who's that in your avatar?

I like to imagine this and that are two significantly different scenarios.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I appreciate how we have a fully immersive Sully to behold. God, I love his hair, it's fantastic.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Well, Sam did get that grapple in one go, so l buy that his aim is that good.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
This reminds me: are all windows in the Uncharted universe made out of sugar glass? Or is Nate's face completely impervious to lacerations at this stage of his life?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

His flesh is just one large human-shaped callus at this point.

Ew.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

morallyobjected posted:

her name is Elena

And she has... the killer instinct.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I think that it would be difficult for Nadine to fight Gex because Gex is a lizard and a gecko, so he could just stay high up on the walls where she can't reach him and it will be difficult for her to punch him.

Also, would it be awkward for her to just, I dunno, punch a lizard? I'm pretty sure that would be a factor in that fight. I know I'd find it awkward to punch a gecko. That would be super weird, and I wouldn't want to do it.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Onmi posted:

Well, I think she'd just... bring a gun. Not very sporting but Gex CAN breathe fire.

Good point.

Alas, poor Gex. I was aware of his existence.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Finally I get to post this webm I've been sitting on for a month!

https://puu.sh/rgPSV/8251dda6f9.webm

Technology!!

DialTheDude posted:

More satisfying gravel slidin' physics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2heTRh9WQwI

Edit: Gah! Two minutes too slow!

God drat, the physics in this game moves my heart in such a way that is not physics-based. In a good non-physics-based movement way. So much so that I have completely forgotten about the multiplayer videos Chip forgot to record for UC3.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Really revolvers in general own.

Unless you need to reload and your name isn't "Revolver Ocelot".

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Wait, maybe both Sam and Drake in a bikini?

What about Sully?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Problem is it would encourage me, the player, to give Sam a flying squirrel punch

Why stop at Sam? Spread the love to all.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Not gonna lie, I was hoping that the place would start collapsing on you this episode. Really felt like the right time.

And I can totally get you being busy these days. Though, it's an anecdote from poo poo I do in my actual life, so I'm hesitant to speak about it. I prefer my privacy while I have it.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This level must have a solid hour of straight up walking and zero difficulty platforming. This level sucks. Sure, it looks alright, but that's about all it has going for it.

I don't fully agree with you, but I totally see where you're coming from. If it weren't for the dialog as well as the aesthetics of the stage, I'd find it lackluster, myself.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Any chance this is a long running joke with the punchline being "Paradise Lost" by John Milton?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
So those mud splatters... I think those are the legendary Schrödinger's mud splatters. You don't know what kind of mud splatter is applied to the 4x4 until you move the 4x4.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

uncharted 4 is more downtime than not I think. I like it personally but some people prefer the more active pace in, say, uncharted 2

I'm one of those people that prefer Uncharted 2's pace.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

KieranWalker posted:

Whereas I dug the platforming and the calm moments, and stealthed my way through a lot of the shooting sections.

I tend to do that when given the option, though. I'unno why.

A lot easier to think about your next move when you don't have bullets flying overhead. That's how I feel, anyways.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Everytime I see one of those trees, I think of Rafiki. I don't know why. Please tell me it's not just me.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Actually from personal experience it's better to do it the opposite way; pour the gunpowder into your mouth like a squirrel storing food in its cheeks, and just blow into the requisite holes on the gun. That way your hands are both free and if someone scores a headshot on you while you're reloading there'll be some pretty fireworks!

Badass. I almost wanna try that.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Really Pants posted:

instead of Roadhogg, the jeep could be called Nidhogg

that one's on the house

So we've seen the swords, but where's the worm?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Really Pants posted:

Everything we know about Sully tells me he would want to be drunk.

It's possible that I've misunderstood.

Nah, that's how I'm reading into it as well. I mean, wouldn't Sully want his powers to be passed on to the next generation? Or at least whoever next drinks him?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Warning: Liquid Sully is a classified as a grade 1 biohazard by the CDC.

Is it British?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I want that tankard. I want to attach gems to it and sell it to my nearest gun runner for awesome loot.

Oh, and before any naïve gonna try it, don't punch rocks, even if they're stacked like ancient cairns. Punching rocks hurts. And so does kicking fairly sturdy walls down.

I know this because I have bad ideas.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
That hand warmer looks like the orb from Guardians of the Galaxy. You know the one I'm talking about.

Also, my tinnitus got tinnitus from this episode. Ow.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Vadoc posted:

Naughty Dog has also announced that there will be The Last of Us 2.

Part 2, to be precise.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

kalonZombie posted:

More relevant to Uncharted, it's been confirmed that the DLC to this game is a standalone, which means it won't require owning the base game to play. It's also going to be starring Chole, who will be working with Nadine, and it's taking place in India.

I really hope Cutter's in it too, to be Nathan to Chole's Sully, because let's face it, if anyone can out-nerd Nate on old obscure historic facts, it's Charlie Cutter.

Wait, you mean the same Nadine that's currently hired to murder the Drakes? Huh, what a small world.

This is gonna be hilarious.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

2 Fast 2 FurioUs

This one made me wince in actual pain.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Us, the Last Of?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Yeah, so just something's on topic, I have my doubts about Libertalia existing for any longer than a few months. Call it a gut feeling.

The Last Of Them

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Rated PG-34 posted:

Libertalia is Outer Heaven obviously.

Oh. OH. Yeah, I get now. My bad.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Do you think Nate ever goes insane with the puns, and Elena realizes she's descended into pun hell? To me, that seems like something Nate would do, for some reason.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
My brother's trying to get me to swear less, for varying reasons that I'm not all to keen about, but trying to respect.

The last of cuss.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Tippis posted:

There's been more tension within the two sides than between them: Rafe and Nadine increasingly don't get along, and Nate has (failed) to balance between brother, faux-grandpa, and wife. The actual competition for the treasure has been very by-the-numbers, perhaps because it's not a particularly interesting aspect to try to do again.

Fair enough. Though I'm still of there opinion that there might not be a treasure anymore, and that there's gonna have to be a climactic battle between drug lord man and the Drakes.

Still don't see how Nate's gonna fix his marriage though. He really did take it out to the back of the yard and shoot it in the head.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think I speak for the rest of us when I say I'm not sorry

Can confirm.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Chip Cheezum posted:

This is what I come back to after being in Disney World for a week???? The next update should be up in just a few days!!!!

Something I forgot to mention was that I took time off my vacation to post bad puns in your thread.

The vacation that I'm still on.

Still not sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I would like to say that I did not see the betrayal of trust coming because I tried to be optimistic about how much Sam cared about Nate. This is probably because I'm sort of the Sam of my family, and I've been trying for years to mend my ways.

Now, I'm just angry and disappointed in Sam for giving no shits about his brother's life, instead co-opting it for himself despite everything Nate built up without Sam in his life. What a loving poisonous person.

• Locked thread