Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Outpost22 posted:

What if the twist is that there is no supernatural element? Just a well executed adventure involving some familial drama with characters we love?

This is what I've been wanting to be the case for most of the LP. Just feels like it'd undermine a genuinely interesting character story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

I don't think this game could have ended more perfectly for me (and as a capstone to the series, the entire game in general). There's enough grimdark out there and there's enough "huh, really makes you think :crossarms:" out there too that I'm genuinely glad that all the good guys got a happy ending and someone got paid to animate a dogs jowl squidging up.

After Neil Druckmann took over I was worried it was because they wanted to take things in a much darker direction after the success of The Last of Us. That we'd end up with half the cast dead by the end to provide the sacrifice and suffering that any serious modern game has to have. But instead, the thread of influence seems to mostly be in adding a lot of fairly 3 dimensional humanity to characters in extraordinary situations.

I'm also glad that they went to great lengths to close out Nate's story long term so that fingers crossed there shouldn't be a sequel that ruins all the character development this game worked hard for.

Thanks Chip and Ironicus, stellar work as ever.

• Locked thread