Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I'm sensing that your question might be in some way loaded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Maybe you should look at all the stuff you are saying about Israel, oppressive governments and look at the poo poo that Republicans like John McCain say all the time

And they wonder if mayyyyyyyyyyybe, just maybe there is a reason Iran might want nukes

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Unkempt posted:

Why then has Porky in Nork not glassed Murka with his power with a capital POW, Goonsir?

Duh, because clearly NK is a rational actor who understand that proliferation of nuclear weapons will lead to a glassed south-east asia and only have everyone's best interests at heart

Unlike those godless loving Iranians

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

forkboy84 posted:

Where did you do that? Must have missed it, just see some insane rambling about Iran having the big scary bomb.

Oh yes. The USA & the USSR were both well known for their rational actors like senile Leonid Brezhnev & Ronald Reagan, insane Josef Stalin, & paranoid lunatic Richard Nixon.

You're forgetting Douglas "Let's Nuke China" MacArthur and Curtis "We Should Have Nuked Russia Before They Got The Bomb" LeMay.

Plus India and Pakistan have (somehow) managed to not nuke the poo poo out of each other since getting the bomb, so it doesn't really stand to reason that the instant Iran hypothetically gets a bomb Tel Aviv is turned to ash.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

NLJP posted:

We'd also know if they tested one PDQ with how sensitive seismic detectors are these days. See: the Norks

Didn't NK just blow up like a thousand tonnes of TNT and claim it was a nuclear blast?

Britain did the same trick back in the 50's when we made a giant fission bomb to try to convince people we had hydrogen bombs (the US were observing and were pretty unimpressed). This directly contributed to a nuclear reactor catching fire since the British nuclear program had to work overtime to replace all the plutonium that just got reduced to gamma rays, and decided the only way to do this was massively cut corners on safety.

• Locked thread