Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
why the do i have to wait 4 years to watch water polo or synchronized diving or rowing or whatever. why do i turn on the tv and see vapid loving morons talking about dumbass poo poo all the time. i'm serious! i realize that i could pay like 279 dollars a week to have 20 espn channels, but gently caress that. one of the cspan channels should just straight up cover sports all day. its like the rich chumps talking about horseshit channel right now. i like having baseball or football or soccer or whatever on in the background but gently caress if there aren't more sports that i would love to see all the time. instead of watching good morning usa or goddamn apprentice or whatever hot loving garbage is normally on tv. sport is so much better than everything else that's normally on. thankfully surfing will be in the olympics in 2020.

talk about sports itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I watch poker on tv 24/7

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I like foot balls and base balls and hockey balls

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I agree also even espn channels are bullshit and spend half the day just running sports center lite shows

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I have DOS

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I'm thinking of starting a competitive pac man league and offering to show it on espn for 30 million dollars.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Could I get like an all sumo wrestling channel

maybe bars doing PPV sumo wrestling like they do with MMA poo poo

just a bunch of drunk guys losing their minds over two fat guys pushing eachother around

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You could join a sports team and be proactive and have a supportive community of peers.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I wish Arena football didn't suck so bad/people gave a poo poo about it so that I could watch football year round.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

sorry for your dos

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Iron Prince posted:

sorry for your dos

i keep seeing funny posts and being like whaaaat vendagoat made a funny post but no its either yours or mine I forgot I made

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
When I do a poo, it helps to use a poo stool to raise my legs.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Monkey Fracas posted:

Could I get like an all sumo wrestling channel

maybe bars doing PPV sumo wrestling like they do with MMA poo poo

just a bunch of drunk guys losing their minds over two fat guys pushing eachother around

i would be the guy hoping their wieners slip out

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

notZaar posted:

You could join a sports team and be proactive and have a supportive community of peers.

yeah i do this already but i'm just saying i'm doing a little work around the house and it's cool hearing some sports going on in the background that i don't really know about, ya know?? a sumo wrestling league would be cool as hell.

my caveat is that i prefer people to keep it serious and about the sport. like those sports center lite shows talking about what jerry muphrys mom put in her rear end last nite i dont give a poo poo about. show me skilled people doing their sport!

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

notZaar posted:

PLAY SPORTBALLS??? IN MY VAGINA?????

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
yeah but it would end up showing dumb sports like soccer and cricket instead of cool sports like muay thai fighting

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
both of those things are better than CSI: BALLS

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
they should bring back jousting

imo

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

psychokitty posted:

PLAY SPORTBALLS??? IN MY VAGINA?????

Yeah sports, it's like videogames for dumbasses.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

notZaar posted:

Yeah sports, it's like videogames for dumbasses.

ohh i know what that is i think i played it once... "rugby" ?

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

If they were on all the time you'd get sick of them

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

roymorrison posted:

yeah i do this already but i'm just saying i'm doing a little work around the house and it's cool hearing some sports going on in the background that i don't really know about, ya know?? a sumo wrestling league would be cool as hell.

my caveat is that i prefer people to keep it serious and about the sport. like those sports center lite shows talking about what jerry muphrys mom put in her rear end last nite i dont give a poo poo about. show me skilled people doing their sport!

Those shows are much cheaper to produce

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
being real wasted and watching professional darts on tv at 3 am is a special experience

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
not even they could just take a camera to a drat beer hockey league game and it would be more exciting than season 12 of detective rear end in a top hat and his partner hot girl

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Beefeater posted:

I wish Arena football didn't suck so bad/people gave a poo poo about it so that I could watch football year round.

Once upon a time there was football all year round, but then Donald Trump bought one of the teams and wrecked everything.

Here is a documentary if you would like to learn more: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x373ctw

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i would be the guy hoping their wieners slip out

ah the sport of kings

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
a classic NFL channel would be rad, especially if they showed entire seasons in chronological order

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

because sometimes they get too HOT and have to cool down :coolfish:

:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

City of Tampa posted:

a classic NFL channel would be rad, especially if they showed entire seasons in chronological order

Yeah, it'd be like replaying a classic RPG, get to relive all the cool moments and FMVs.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
US audiences like their motorsports boring and repetitive instead of guys flying around a mountain cliff at 120 mph two inches from a crowd. Blame the demand, not the supply.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
sports are poo poo and are for non-nerds

baseball is ok tho

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

dad gay. so what posted:

I like foot balls and base balls and hockey balls

You should to my house, we can watch all the sports balls shows, have good time.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Star Citizen e-sports is all the sports I need.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Zorodius posted:

US audiences like their motorsports boring and repetitive instead of guys flying around a mountain cliff at 120 mph two inches from a crowd. Blame the demand, not the supply.

there's nothing boring and repetitive about Nascar. especially compared to F1. do those cars ever even pass each other?

Rally just needs better marketing, most Americans aren't aware of it existing. if they ran some races in the US and paired up with Nascar they'd blow up bigtime.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I don't want to alarm you OP but there's a thing called the internet that you can use to watch almost whatever you want 24/7.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kuato posted:

I don't want to alarm you OP but there's a thing called the internet that you can use to watch almost whatever you want 24/7.
the only disadvantage is when you find poo poo on Youtube often there's little to no commentary so you don't get the same sort of experience. It's fine if you've watched a ton of that sport and you already know all the ins and outs, but if you don't it kinda sucks. And for some things it doesn't even make sense without the setup

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

CrashCat posted:

the only disadvantage is when you find poo poo on Youtube often there's little to no commentary so you don't get the same sort of experience. It's fine if you've watched a ton of that sport and you already know all the ins and outs, but if you don't it kinda sucks. And for some things it doesn't even make sense without the setup

But there are plenty of Let's Play videos on YouTube with commentary, so watch those instead.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

notZaar posted:

But there are plenty of Let's Play videos on YouTube with commentary, so watch those instead.
nah I usually just watch random Twitch streams with little commentary

I am a dumb nerd

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I like wrestling i like to watch the ladies wrestle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
the only sport worth a drat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DgAfs4FutI

• Locked thread