Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I may be missing something real obvious, but what's the difference between blue elemental blast (ten cents) and hydroblast ($5) for these decks? The decks all suggest hydroblast but that seems silly unless there's something I'm missing. Pyroblast and Red Elemental Blast seem to be about the same price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hellsau posted:

Finally settled on a deck - Flicker Rats is back, baby! Wall of text incoming.

This is a really fun deck, thanks for posting it. It took me literally a week fooling around with it before I figured out that you return the ghostly flicker to your hand each time by flickering an archomancer and something else, felt dumb when I realized it. I've noticed that I tend to lose as many games to running out of time as getting solidly beat, so people should keep an eye on that: it is a slow deck and you can't rely on winning a game if you don't have enough time. Try not to fall behind in time and when you're practicing practice making sure you're trying to go faster because nothing sucks more than running out of time while you've got an edge but they're filibustering you.

Neat deck, thanks for posting it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Bogles collapses hard to the flickering rats deck in this thread as long as you keep up with removal, using chainer's edict to whack the bogles.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

suicidesteve posted:

Yep. I saw 34 cards game 1 without finding an edict, mulled to 4 game 2, got a 5-for-1 with an edict, then lost to them ripping another Bogle off the top on the very next turn and me missing my 7th mana or another edict for 8 turns or so.

Screw Rancor is the moral of the story.

I loving hate that card. It is so, so, so satisfying though when they cast it and you kill the creature they're trying to cast it on though.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

This deck is a lot of fun, thanks for posting it. Nothing like blocking an agressive deck from attacking for six turns in a row when you're at one life and finally killing them :v:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I'm starting to get the hang of the white/black/blue flicker deck, and it's a lot of fun. It does, uh, really rely on being as fast rear end hellsau talks about as most of the Good Stuff it does relies on combos with flickers, dark ritualing with snaps, etc - and with snaps + familiars the mana math is not straightforward at all so its easy to get behind on time.

But it's really worth it once your opponent realizes that with the walls+snaps+horror+flicker, you can wipe their entire board in one turn.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i just noticed that my pauper decks cost more on mtgo than my one modern deck, lol

fortunately i got my ash barrens and pyroblasts and hydroblasts a while ago

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hellsau posted:

My recordings from last Sunday's Pauper Challenge are up on Youtube. I played pretty bad in multiple rounds and there is no justice in the world so I won a bunch anyway.

Also I redid the in depth deck tech because the first one was terrible.

I liked these as well, very interesting.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Matsuri posted:

Serious question. What is Magic, as Garfield intended?

20 black lotuses, 40 plague rats

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Silhouette posted:

Tyrant's Choice might actually make a better fit in my list than Diabolic Edict, actually.

it's strictly worse in two respects (opponent can pay 4 life instead of sacrifice a creature; sorcery speed instead of instant speed)

edit: oh i see, you plan to force the choice of paying 4 life

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 26, 2018

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hellsau posted:

Depends on how much scrutiny the format gets. If any real focus gets put on the format, there's no way Probe and Gush survive because they're both broken cards, Delver is next on the chopping block, and then Tron if they have any sense. There isn't even anything they can ban other than the Tron lands, since there's so many different, totally nonsense builds of Tron, that they can't just ban something to weaken the archetype as a whole.

downshift crumble to dust

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hellsau posted:

Still runs into the problem of just getting countered or owned by Ghostly Flicker, and also makes the mirror into a disaster.

but it would be funny as all hell to land it

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

So since the next Arena event is pauper, what's a good and cool standard pauper deck?

sadly arena pauper isn't anything like mtgo pauper because all of the fun busted commons like brainstorm aren't in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hellsau posted:

Wasteland would immediately make any manabase other than basic lands unplayable, which would then make Wasteland unplayable.

how about they just loving ban tron already

e: also blood moon doesn't work because the format has Hydroblast, Tron plays a ton of cantripping color fixers, and there's no end of excellent enchantment destruction.

make a new crumble to dust, but a mana or two cheaper