Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Moridin920 posted:

kinda sounds like minecraft to me lol

I mean idk you guys might be right I haven't played it or anything I'm just being a butt

Well, you can space mine, and you can space craft, but you can't build yourself a nice little space house or a giant space dong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Game looks boring as poo poo, but I feel compelled to play it. Not for sixty american dollars though. I could get a real game for that!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

It's not really like minecraft because you can't build a house.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Slammed In The Butt By No Man's Sky Hype
by Chuck Tingle

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

ain't no loving di-no-saurs. I was promised di-no-saurs.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Also, no base building? That's the only thing that makes Minecraft even slightly worthwhile. Without that it seems like the whole game is just combat/exploration oriented Minecraft.

They should have called this game "No tits, no base building, no multiplayer man's sky."

If only there were a game out there where you could play with other people, buy or build your own base/spaceship and have your friends be the crew on that spaceship and also the game is a first person shooter with seamless transitions between spaceflight and planet exploration.

I would pay thousands of dollars for a game like that.

base building doesn't really fit with the game because you never really revisit systems, and black holes are one way so in a lot of cases you can't visit a previous system even if you wanted to. could use some titties though.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

You don't revisit systems because you don't have a cool base there to come back to. In its present state NMS is just a space hobo simulator.

In its ideal form, NMS would be something more akin to a 3D Starbound where players share a persistent universe and there are awesome space battles (something Starbound sorely lacks)

You don't revisit systems because whether you are on the atlas path or heading to the center of the galaxy you're always moving forward. It is a space hobo simulator. Your ship is your home, which I think is really where they should have put some attention; ship building, ship customization, but no, you just wait until you find a better ship you can afford and jump into that like a space hermit crab.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

King of Bees posted:

Listen dipshit. It was his birthday list present. He got suckered like every one else. I jus t happened to pay for it. I'll smash your head against a fire hydrant.

gently caress you, dad!

cheap fucker, even had to pay for my own account.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

more like pokemon mystery dungeon!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I'm working on Even Less of a Man's Sky that uses a 128 bit seed. You thought 18 quintillion worlds was a lot, well 340 undecillion worlds is way more.

• Locked thread