Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Cuyahoga National Park is either the second or third most visited national park, right behind the Smokies. Suck it Yellowstone!

Columbus' metro parks are great as well, especially highbanks. We also have the world's largest outdoor climbing wall at the Audobahn metro park.

Otherwise, Zaleski has a phenomenal backpacking trail with lots of great history, Shawnee state park is very similar but hillier and is known as the little smokies.

Further north I really love Mohican State Park for quick overnighters, especially on the north side. I'll have to dig up some photos, but it's spectacular camping out on site 10 overlooking the gorge and foothills in the distance, and it's especially beautiful backing there in the winter.

Salt Fork State Park out east is maybe the most underappreciated state park in Ohio, and I want to say the largest. Spectacular waterfalls, great rugged trails, incredible lodge with great rooms and dining... I'll dig up some pictures and post them in a bit.

Not in Ohio but within a few hours drive, Red River Gorge in Danielle Boone National Forest in Kentucky is spectacular, with natural arches and beautiful vistas overlooking miles of wooded canyons. Dolly Sods in West Virginia is one of the most beautiful places in the United States, with different biomes every few hundred feet and awesome alpine meadows like what you'd see out west.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Three-Phase posted:

Cuyahoga is pretty neat. There's also this strange valley in the middle of it that used to be a huge industrial waste dump that was finally cleaned up.

Is that a metaphor for Cleveland being spruced up for the RNC?

• Locked thread