Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I've been asked to set up a wireless network for a campground. The cables, power, and coax antennas for routers are in place. The consumer grade equipment finally died, so they need to replace it.

That's what I'm looking at. Bottom left is the office where Comcast lives and where I will need a gateway that I can easily add users to and give the weekend campers a username/password for X number of devices.

I'll get two antennas on the main office. One pointing north to the bathhouse and one to the pool house. The Pool house will have a second antenna going to the lower campground.

The red stars are where they want an access point, so I'd have an AP in the office, one by the Pool House worked into the wireless bridge that will be there (haven't done this before), and one in the Bath House and Lower Campground.

I've only used Ubiquiti hardware to set up a network like this. Ubiquiti antennas run on 2.4 and 5GHz.

Would I be better served with something like a Metrolinq running at 60GHz for the network?

And what kind of Guest Access would I be best served setting up? I don't even know if Ubiquiti has something where you can log into it and give someone access on a different subnet and have it expire automatically or remove them after 2 days or whatever. They have their Security Gateway which does firewall and everything all-in-one but I've never used that.

Ideas on hardware and setup thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
This is ubiquiti's bread and butter. They have products for each and every item you listed.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

adorai posted:

This is ubiquiti's bread and butter. They have products for each and every item you listed.

second.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah, Ubiquiti is all I know for this stuff, so if no one thinks I should use higher powered antennas... Unifi it is.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I would use OpenMesh stuff, no question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Post this on the Ubiquiti forums and you'll probably end up with a full list of product SKUs and how to configure it all. Not to say people here aren't knowledgable but the Ubiquiti community is pretty decent.

• Locked thread