Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I've only ever seen the first Jaws and not since I was a kid and I see that this has Michael Caine in it and he's fantastic so is it any good and should I watch it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
We're gonna need a bigger budget!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
You're gonna need a bigger dick, op.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I just want to know if this God drat movie is any good and my dick is just fine thank you vendagoat

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

if you want to watch a movie because it has Michael Caine in it you should just watch dirty rotten scoundrels

or like one of the 20 other good movies he's in but that's the one i'm feelin' right now. the movie you are suggesting, is, bad,

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I hear the house it bought Michael Caine is good. You should watch that.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
I've never seen it Sid.
Hth (hope this hth)

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Celluloid Sam posted:

I just want to know if this God drat movie is any good and my dick is just fine thank you vendagoat

I have never seen it but according to wikipedia rotten tomatoes gives it 0%. Take that as you will.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Celluloid Sam posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lag73IP2CPY&t=5s

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Volume posted:

I have never seen it but according to wikipedia rotten tomatoes gives it 0%. Take that as you will.

thats honestly amazing

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Can a shark bite you in the dick if you are just wading in the water? Have there ever been cases of sharks biting dicks? I am genuinely concerned.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

What about Ghost Dad how is that

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Celluloid Sam posted:

thats honestly amazing

If you saw the movie, it wouldn't be.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Hi Sid, I rented the film when I was 10 and watched it with my friend Kevin and I thought it was amazing, better than 2 or 3-D.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I saw an internview with the main actress (the mother from the first JAws, Brody's wife) and she admitted she did Jaws 4 so that her name could be top billing for a film.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Celluloid Sam posted:

It's a misleading movie. He was never a ghost he was just astral projecting. I refuse to watch it on those grounds

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

sure

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Hi Sid, I rented the film when I was 10 and watched it with my friend Kevin and I thought it was amazing, better than 2 or 3-D.

This is true, and also it's pretty funny and you should watch it.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

you know what else is good

ghoulies three

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?
It depends: The version where Mario Van Peebles gets bitten in half by the shark and dies: garbage.
The version where he gets bitten in half by the shark, but then after the boat stabs the play-doh shark, and he swims up and bitches at them for ignoring him: solid gold.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those dudes keep getting eaten by sharks because they're on the rag lol. :j:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I would honestly saw, without any form of satire, jaws three was the point of not return.

Seriously, you have Dennis Quaid and a fun plot.

After that, it's a very stringent, GO gently caress YOURSELF.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

mind the walrus posted:

Do not listen to this dude. He is literally bottom of the barrel as far as opinions in GBS goes. And that's saying something. :colbert:

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Jaws the Revenge is very very stupid and the only Jaws I saw in theaters because I was like 4 when we saw 2 in the drive in and all my brain recalls is seeing the Orca corpse from the back seat before I fell asleep or hid under blankets or something.

The original Jaws is however a masterpiece. And 3 is a fun bit of cheese. 2 is just.. Eh. If you need more shark movies Bait and Deep Blue Sea are both good bits of fun.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
It's a great movie people the because the shark eats people and the lady with he bad perm freaks out a lot.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It cannot possibly be worse than jaws 3D

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22BcaJf8g90

RIP Richard Jeni :(

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Is that the one where the shark growls or some poo poo?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Robokomodo posted:

Is that the one where the shark growls or some poo poo?

It roars and also explodes for no reason after they run the boat into it. It's pretty good.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Celluloid Sam posted:

No, Michael Caine was not in ghost dad

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

mind the walrus posted:

:master:

I can't believe I missed this last night.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
It is the best of the best for movies featuring roaring sharks.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
The house reference is from a quote Caine said about the movie something along the lines of "I didn't enjoy Jaws: The Revenge. I DID enjoy the house it bought me."

Also, rumour has it that he was given the script an upon opening it the first page said "EXT: The Bahamas" and he just read that line and said "Yeah, I'll do it."

Edit: Actual quote was "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

frytechnician fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Aug 12, 2016

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
This just reminded me of that awesome Bob Hoskins interview with the Guardian:

"Hoskins was asked, "What is the worst job you've done," "What has been your biggest disappointment," and "If you could edit your past, what would you change?" His answer to all three was Super Mario Bros."

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

frytechnician posted:

This just reminded me of that awesome Bob Hoskins interview with the Guardian:

"Hoskins was asked, "What is the worst job you've done," "What has been your biggest disappointment," and "If you could edit your past, what would you change?" His answer to all three was Super Mario Bros."

Still waiting for the sequel

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Back when they made men's suits out of chrome. :rip:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
It's really loving bad and so is ghost sad, however both are 100% "so bad it's good" territory go with God

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
*ghost dad not *sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Celluloid Sam posted: