Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You're making lots of "money" you must be posting really good pictures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

I'm going to assume some lefthanders would love that reversed Canon.

Except that it's, you know, a Canon.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

unpacked robinhood posted:

You're making lots of "money" you must be posting really good pictures

I can picture the resulting laffchain really good.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

blowfish posted:

I can picture the resulting laffchain really good.

What is this link? I'm lost as to what I'm looking at.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Non Serviam posted:

What is this link? I'm lost as to what I'm looking at.

It looks like someone sat down and thought "Man if only reddit was stupider and attracted people more annoying, I know I'll add blockchains!"

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

8th-snype posted:

It looks like someone sat down and thought "Man if only reddit was stupider and attracted people more annoying, I know I'll add blockchains!"

So that's the imaginary money reddit photos have made?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
Then he got up and went upstairs, his mom told him he was handsome and smart. His father looked longingly at the shotgun above the mantel, knowing that since he his doctor recently told him the sugar diabetes was slowly taking the nerves in his toes that there were only a few years left. If he waited too long he'd never be able to balance the scattergun in his mouth and free himself from this hellish existence, he'd lack the manual dexterity in his lower extremities.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Non Serviam posted:

So that's the imaginary money reddit photos have made?

I think that's a reddit where you get knockoff bitcoins that are eventually convertible in normal money for your posts

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

unpacked robinhood posted:

I think that's a reddit where you get knockoff bitcoins that are eventually convertible in normal money for your posts

I love everything about people hoarding bitcoins in the hopes of converting them to usable currency, only to then find out that exchanging them is incredibly difficult.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Non Serviam posted:

I love everything about people hoarding bitcoins in the hopes of converting them to usable currency, only to then find out that exchanging them is incredibly difficult.

I bought my camera with money I earned from bitcoins and it wasn't difficult at all. Unless filling out a couple of forms on a website is what you consider difficult.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

CRAYON posted:

I bought my camera with money I earned from bitcoins and it wasn't difficult at all. Unless filling out a couple of forms on a website is what you consider difficult.

While I'm happy your investment in buttcoins paid off, there have been several articles about people who can't get real money from their bitcoins. Either the sites offering the service were scams, or the people offering to buy them would always make low bids.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Has it ever occurred to you that your photos actually suck and people were just commenting on the technical quality of your cameras sensor/format?

Learn to take good photos and maybe people will actually comment on them instead of your camera

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Sep 7, 2016

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Suicide Watch posted:

Has it ever occurred to you that your photos actually suck and people were just commenting on the technical quality of your cameras sensor/format?

Learn to take good photos and maybe people will actually comment on them instead of your camera

Has it ever occurred to you that your user name is ironic because posts like this make me want to kill myself?

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Suicide Watch posted:

That's definitely a possibility, of course. However, even after you actually become proficient at photography, you still get people who think it's all about the camera.
I don't take offense to that, they don't mean it in a bad way. It's just one of those things you hear.
I'm sure you already know all of this and just decided to be a oval office about it, but there you go.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

How do I know if I've become proficient?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

ansel autisms posted:

You have a Facebook page called anselautismsphotography.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I have a really bad camera and guess what? My photos are bad.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

it's when you start watermarking your bad photos on flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I must be really good. All of my friends just don't "get" art.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

8th-snype posted:

Has it ever occurred to you that your user name is ironic because posts like this make me want to kill myself?

Sorry I was posting from a mobile device

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

ansel autisms posted:

People say "Your pictures are great, you must have a really good camera."

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

A watermark is a sign of a true artist. Otherwise people would steal their art from them. So you protect your art, with a watermark.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lightroom even has a checkbox for watermarks, so your first order of business when launching a fresh install is to crank that poo poo up.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

bobmarleysghost posted:

A watermark is a sign of a true artist. Otherwise people would steal their art from them. So you protect your art, with a watermark.

I shoot for a website, so we have a watermark on the photos. Honestly, the point isn't to prevent theft (because lol) but instead to create awareness of it. At a festival, a couple of years ago, people recognized my work based on the logo of the site, not my name.

Having said that... Yes, every rear end in a top hat creates their vanity page and adds PHOTOGRAPHY to it. Worse yet, they add a fantasy name like "Non Serviam Fantastic Dreamscapes Photography"

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Suicide Watch posted:

Sorry I was posting from a mobile device

must have been a samsung for a post that bad

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I'm gonna be a photog superstar by mixing middling photography and sexual harassment.

Nobody has used that gimmick yet, right?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'm gonna be a photog superstar by mixing middling photography and sexual harassment.

Nobody has used that gimmick yet, right?

Terry R parachute account spotted

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

You gotta protect your brand. Why even shoot if you can't monetize? gently caress, you're just like my friends - you don't get it. Losers

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Sometimes I show my friends pics and they just don't get the vibe/aesthetic. Thsat's why we're not friends anymore, lol

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
First name last name photography

iPhone photo of something with a Dutch angle and with false Color HDR

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I miss the bad photography thread.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Mystical Ice Photography. We make your wedding unique!

(Notice: Claims not enforceable. All weddings look the same. You aren't a princess. Just let me photograph your shoes and go home.)

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Bubbacub posted:

I miss the bad photography thread.

hooboy have I got news for you

(all the threads in this forum are about bad photography)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Dorkroom is basically flickr now, just with a risk of getting probated if you get too sassy.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

xzzy posted:

The Dorkroom is basically flickr now, just with a risk of getting probated if you get too sassy.

except flickr has a seedy underbelly of swingers and fetishists trolling for anonymous sex...what I'm trying to say here is I wish we were flickr

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's a $500 forum upgrade to get those posts.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
I am a dick sack. I take poo poo photos. I have an ok camera. I am a seedy underbelly swinger and fetishishsiihtisihsit trolling for anonymous sex.

Have watermarks.

Also bitcoin.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

lol "take" picture

More like "lose" money

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Actually to us artistas it is "capturing an image" but I don't expect anyone to have heard of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
i named my flickr *capture the moment* so people know im artsy

• Locked thread