Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Hey Travis343, that's one of the best ops I've seen in years. Everyone who spent two pages trying to correct your recommendations list should feel my waves of disappointment cascading toward them.

Anyway, batmanning:

I know why every Freeze story goes back to Heart of Ice, but at the same time, even the cartoon itself had at least three episodes and a movie after that origin story. There are other great Mr. Freeze tales to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Wait, so the book with the shapeshifter and the lady raised as an assassin without language is using an emotion-alterer and a psych professional as its villains? Gosh there's no way this will turn into a story about the nature of identity and the construction of self!!!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

aww nertz

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I have delved into GBS to bring a this post back to my people, for our consideration:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Best Batman Power Ranking:

60's Adam West Batman
Tim Burton Batman
Animated Series Batman
Chris Nolan Batman
Rocksteady Video games Batman
Animated movies Batman
[tumble off cliff]
Joel Schumacher Batman
1940s serial films Batman
Comic Books Batman
Alan Moore comic books Batman
Not-Rocksteady Video Games Batman
The Batman
Batman Beyond
The Aurora Theater Shooter
Zack Snyderverse

Please consider and discuss. I'd put West, TAS, Bravebold, and Beyond all in a jumble at the top, personally.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Travis343 posted:

How does one quantify 'Batman Power'. Adam West Batman is probably the only literally-unbeatable one in the bunch, so he should logically be at the top.

If I understand Gbese properly, Power Rankings are hierarchical expressions of :krad:ness.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

There were about 15 years between early BTAS and late JLU. Conroy aged from a spry 35 or 36, to hitting 50 (and was rumored to have health problems for a while, for whatever rumor is worth). By the end, his voice might not have been comfortable in the early BTAS Bruce range anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

BATMAN BATFACT: The best take on the Riddler was making him a private detective.

The worst take was this:

Wholly inexplicable.

• Locked thread