Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think King's best strength so far has been his presentation. I don't think the major storylines have really stuck with me as far as characterization or interesting stories go, but I vividly remember things like that issue of Bane and Batman's pasts mirroring one another, or the Rooftops issues.

Which, I suppose for a medium that's half visuals, that is pretty important to have. I do think his best issues though are the annuals, and those one to two issue stories like the Swamp-Thing issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Is that the one with One Face?

You are making a mistake if you don't share the highlights (or "highlights") with the rest of us.

That was Batman: The Dark Knight.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Is Jeph Loeb still writing comics?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I like Winnick's Exiles, and I wish they would bring back Mia as Speedy.

Never read Winnick's Titans though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Not really. People who still see him as a murderer are the minority now. For the rest he's the snarky jerk with a heart of gold of the Batfamily with a dash of cool dad thanks to his current relationship with Bizarro.

Sounds like a fun character, what series is he in?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

But I just think that character sounds like fun. It's not like I'm asking to read Red Hood or anything :smug:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

By not using him?

Wrong

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The best thing they could do with Red Hood would be either to make him into Travis Touchdown, or to make him an older dude that's really embarrassed by how much of an edgelord he used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Knightsend drags in the second half.

• Locked thread