Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Judging from the description in the hero menu, your class is determined only by your investments in the perk trees. The Enderal website made it sound like you chose a class manually early on, but I guess I misinterpreted that.
According to glancing at their forums, if you are at least level 21 and have 10 points in two trees, you unlock a combo class which doesn't give you more skills or access to a new tree, just some passive bonuses. But not for every combination. The only one I know of is Vandal + Elementalist = Battlemage but I'm not sure the translation of Vandal is correct since it was from a pre-release post and I haen't had a chance to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Zelmel posted:

Spoilers I guess, but here's a link to the German wiki that has the full list. It's pretty understandable via google translate. http://wiki.sureai.net/Enderal:Klassensystem

"Strengthens Crawl and handed.
Your bwegt you considerably quieter and receive an additional 10% chance to critically hit."
Sweet.

Mygna posted:

The class bonuses are minor enough that you probably shouldn't plan your build around them. I only got a class around level 70 after filling out three perk trees and having nothing else to spend points on, for example. I guess adding classes for all other possible combinations is a good idea for a mod, though.
Glancing at the list magic does seem a bit underrepresented in the combos while the melee classes have multiple combos with each other.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

UberJumper posted:

Anyone know what i am supposed to be doing in old sherath? I killed the big boss, a giant tunnel spider. But it just leads to a more or less empty room.
Did you try jumping down the well in the room after the boss?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

kedo posted:

The bit of the game I was able to play last night was enjoyable. My only complaint so far is the writing feels poorly translated and like it could have used an editor. There are a lot of instances of poor word choice, like "it's really bad!" instead of "it's terrible!" and then there are sentences that are just plain awkward.

I'm curious if it's any better in German.
I've noticed that longer conversations tend to have the dialogue and subtitles not quite match. Sometimes significantly diverge, like a fair amount of information being in the subtitle but not the voice line.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Can I actually use the Master Skull like the lady who gave it to me described, and if so where do I use it because I didn't write down what she said or get a quest about it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Sweet, thanks. I even found an ice claw I missed the first time I was there.

And then I went looking around and found another one in a ruin behind a troll that wasn't on the compass, and then I climbed over an Adept locked door, but there doesn't seem to be a key on the other side. Oops. Annnd I'm one memory point short of learning the thing to be able to pick them. Hm.

EDIT: False alarm it was just the same color as the floor.

Zereth fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 17, 2016

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I found an elevator somewhere in the undercity to a "Tar Pit" that seems to be fatal to ride because I clip through it and suddenly die, probably of falling damage. :staredog:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Funky See Funky Do posted:

No I mean the ones I get when I level up - or is it that I can read one book per point I get?
Correct, you eat books to turn one learning/crafting point into one point of skill.

I'm serious, they're in the Food category of your inventory you're eating them.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Is there a way to add a cooking station to my house in the marketplace? I'm not seeing anything in the blueprints the bank guy is selling.

EDIT: or is there an easily accessible one somewhere in Ark I'm trying to cook some food.

Zereth fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Aug 18, 2016

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Interesting. You can drop items in the Meditation Zone, and they appear to stay there. I've left an arrow there for a while as a test and it's still there.

I wonder if I could've used this to get items out of that dream sequence I went through...

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Infinity Gaia posted:

Also here's a pro-tip to everyone that I forgot to mention a couple days ago: Try to interact with every well. Trust me on this one. If you're past the Sun Coast and don't know what I'm talking about, you already missed one.
What exactly do I need for that sun coast one anyway? Is it a specific item somewhere in the region, or do I just need any old gold goblet and what sounds like an an emerald?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

How do I get this Pyrean Crystal? I've spent like 2 hours going around these mountains and there's no obvious path through anywhere. I ever tried swimming but there are invisible walls.

E: I found it. The path is pretty easy to miss. If you get stuck go to the Myrad tower at Westwell (I think that's the name) go north to the quarry and look for a path off the quarry that goes over a wooden bridge and under an archway. If you start seeing green crystals you're on the right path.
... Maybe I should buy that spell that shows you a path to your quest objective.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

UberJumper posted:

- The quest the Sole Place, wants me to search through Golfur Silverlords goods for stuff he owns. The waypoint marker points me to Golfur, but i don't know what i am supposed to be searching. I searched the chests in his stalls, and pick pocketed him but can't find any goods.
It's in his shop inventory. It's a lute with an unusual name.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

evilmiera posted:

Edit: By the by, where can I sell off staves? I'm carting around like 5 of them right now and there is no merchant in Ark I can find that buys them.
The magic merchant in the noble quarter buys them.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yeah Rhetoric is pretty good too. But I don't think you need Handicraft higher than 50 to make anything
Keep in mind that, as a loading screen tip points out, having more handicraft than needed to make an item makes it better.

Say, do healing potions YOU make still increase arcane fever? If not, I should probably invest in some alchemy to do something with my enormous ingredient stock.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Nope, health potions you make don't increase arcane fever at all.
Well hell I better buy some alchemy skill books.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

kuroiXiru posted:

You can add the Merchant perk from the base game with player.addperk 58f7a so you can sell everything to everyone. So far it hasn't broken anything for me.
Oh poo poo thanks, I haven't been to town in a while so my secure chest is full of random crap to sell.

Which reminds me, I wonder how easy it would be to add a secure chest to the Meditation Zone... You already appear to be able to just drop poo poo in it and it stays, so this wouldn't change much.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Super easy. There's nothing special about the zone it's just a cell in the game. In fact I might just do that tomorrow.
Well I've never actually used the mod tools so I'd be starting from zero. Since you're planning on it I'll not bother trying to learn how it works, thanks!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ProfessorCirno posted:

Crafting in general was definitely something that had been put on the backburner and never really finished. Handicraft is useless as you can't temper enchanted items, enchanting more or less never makes things better then you can find and is buggy, alchemy doesn't actually improve your ability to make potions, etc.

Just dump everything in rhetoric, get handicrafts high enough to make backpacks, and maybe some points in alchemy not to make potions, but to sell them.
Okay what's the command to cheat myself up more craft points since I just invested in alchemy. :mad:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ProfessorCirno posted:

Honestly, don't worry about it. Outside of rhetoric none of the secondary skills are all that noteable, and you'll have plenty of points.
Yeah I want to dump them into Rhetoric instead.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mzbundifund posted:

Is destruction magic any good or is it as weak as it is in vanilla skyrim? I just killed the mud man in the very first tutorial dungeon and the appalling mana regeneration rate has me concerned.
Mana regeneration rates are a bit low by default, so what you do is eat Mana Fungi or drink booze. Or both. You will find a shitload of wine around the place.

kuroiXiru posted:

set handwerkspunkte to X

e: and for rhetoric books, player.additem e7636/e7637/e7638/e7639 for apprentice/adept/expert/master
Ah, thank you very much!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mzbundifund posted:

Thanks everyone for the destruction tips. This may not be something anyone can answer yet, but how thin can/should I spread my points? I was thinking Stealth, Destruction, Lockpicking, Rhetoric, Light Armor, maybe Alchemy. Is that way too much?
Alchemy apparently has incredibly minor effects, like around 15 alchemy making a 3 hp for 4 seconds potion, while 100 makes a 5 for 4 out of the same ingredients.

You should be able to cover everything else just fine. Maybe pick up lockpicking too.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hm, it seems a patch disabled having given myself the "sell anything to anybody" perk with the console.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Speaking of loot placement oddities why does every searchable Skeleton (not the enemy type, the scenery) have an Iron Sword in its inventory?

EDIT: Also I am slightly annoyed that magic-focused armor sets tend to spread themselves out over every possible school of magic. Gloves? Elementalism and Mentalism! Hat? Entropy and Psionics!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Emy posted:

I'm playing around with enchanting a bit to see how it works out. Currently trying to sell enchanted items to afford the skill books to increase my enchanting.

Results so far: at 15 enchanting, I can combine a steel sword with a petty soul gem to make a sword that has 7 charges of "drain 4 health", which sells for 206 gold. At 40 enchanting, I can combine the exact same materials to make the exact same sword, except it now sells for 154 gold. Having higher enchanting seems to decrease the base value of enchanted items.

what the hell is wrong with alchemy and enchanting in this mod

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Emy posted:

And of course, to the best of my knowledge there are no enchanting perks, as "enchanting is not subject to a memory." With all that in mind I think it's time to go back to my main save and throw all my enchanting books in the loving garbage.
There's one on the left side of Mentalism/Light that claims "Enchanted items are 30% stronger". Assuming it means ones you make, it sounds like that still wouldn't beat most things you can just find around.

EDIT: Oh god I just noticed you were using grand souls in this poo poo. So, with maximum enchanting, the perk, the only buff potion to be found, and the best possible soul, you might be able to just barely beat the 12% cheaper elementalism gauntlets I just found lying on the ground somewhere. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Infinity Gaia posted:

Handicraft is good for weapons and ONLY weapons. Rhetoric has a very obvious effect on buying and selling prices, which is incredibly important in this game where raising skills costs a shitload of money. They're probably the two most obviously solid crafting skills.
Some lockpicking is useful if you don't want to throw dozens of picks at harder locks.

DisDisDis posted:

Is stealth as viable as in vanilla? It was fun playing a sneak mage that could one shot backstab most bosses and clear normal mobs with fear and summons while sitting undetectable in a corner.
There's a perk in the tree about the summoning and fear/control type skills that makes your spells silent. Even without that I've been lightning sniping entire groups of bandits without them figuring out where I am if I'm far enough away.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

... Oh, that's what's wrong with alchemy and enchanting: the mod just straight up isn't finished. :staredog:

And that explains why Ice Spike was doing terrible damage when I had to switch off lightning bolt to fight some lightning immune things.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Skilleddk posted:

Somehow my mana stopped regenerating. It's a big problem since I play as a mage. I've cured all diseases (in a temple) and it doesn't regenerate. My arcane fever is very high at 94%, is that the cause?
A loading screen claimed that high arcane fever starts causing Problems, until at 100% you straight up die, so I'd go chug some Ambrosia and see if that helps, yeah. :staredog:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The Arcane Fever mechanic just kinda seems to be... there. I wish they'd just had it do some minor stuff, maybe slowly get worse if you take forever, and just go away when you do the plot thing which is supposed to make it stop being a problem. (but doesn't seem to affect it mechanically at all.)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Agents are GO! posted:

I like how lavender is still an alchemy ingredient, and lavender plants appear in the world but are not harvestable just like those loving mushrooms that are everywhere.
SOME lavender is. I don't know how to tell if it is or not from a distance.

A.o.D. posted:

I discovered that they removed the mechanic where you suddenly can't run any more when you go just 1 unit over your maximum carry limit.

Now you just can't move at all when you go over that limit!
They must have done that in a patch because I remember dragging some poo poo around the market to sell it. That's lame as hell.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

TorakFade posted:

I just started (just went to the temple in Ark for the main quest, did a few sidequests and random dungeons on the way) and am having serious trouble with money. I think I'm level 8 or 9 :words:

How do you make big bucks?
Higher grade equipment starts being worth significantly more. Also make sure you grab anything enchanted, jewlery, and the like, and then anything else you can drag bak to a shop or secure chest or something.

Also, don't pay attention so much to how much a thing is worth: Pay attention to how much it's worth per unit of weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

A.o.D. posted:

Set design is absolutely Enderal's strongest point.
Does it have anything like that long journey you took through some underground ruins in Nehrim? I remember that being really cool.

• Locked thread