Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Saw this after coming back from holiday, simply amazing. How could the bull head get in? Mystery!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Whatup 2.Liga goons? Nürnberg had a pretty sloppy start to the season, same with St.Pauli. Are there any hopes for either team to have a go at promotion? Dynamo is doing really well so far, especially considering the transfer business we did (ie not much). Hope we can continue to steal points off good teams.

Lautern looks fully poo poo right now, hope they can keep that going for another two weeks. What's going on there, they seemed to be set to return to the Bundesliga each season but appear to be falling apart now? Their downfall in the last 10-15 years has been quite something...

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Had to look up where Heidenheim even is ffs. For some reason there is this growing group of small teams from the south creeping up in the 1./2. Liga: Darmstadt, Ingolstadt, Sandhausen, Heidenheim, Augsburg, Würzburg, Hoffenheim. Just getting a tiny bit better every year until they suddenly play Bundesliga with a stadium of 16000.

Still reckon Stuttgart will go back up easy though

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Jinxed so hard ffs makes me want to cry. Fully expect Lautern to return to be rubbish though. Also rip Nürnberg I guess???

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Oh dear. Not beating HSV at home is bad enough, but being one man up and missing two penalties on the way is a special kind of failure.

What is up with Köln though, is Modeste just dragging them up with all his goals or is the team actually decent?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Pand posted:

:chloe:

If both Hoffenheim and Leipzig play CL next season, I'm going to swallow a box of rusty nails.

It's pretty funny so far but last year Gladbach and Leverkusen had pretty much the same points after 9 matches and Hertha/Köln were looking good (with Modeste having a similar early season streak). I think Köln will collapse when Modeste doesn't score anymore and Leipzig has some tough games coming up, they will drop points before winter. Hoffenheim would be my bet for the team that can stay in the CL spots the longest. Dortmund and Leverkusen to finish top 4 no problem.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
The standout for Leipzig is ~the team~. I haven't watched any of their matches but they are either performing on the upper limit of what they can do on a streak of good form similar to what Leicester did or they have some really good scouts who were able to find really good players with huge potential and the perfect mix of journeymen to help them prosper. It's baffling.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Just realised we won't be having a proper Herbstmeister this season, boo!

Also came across the table from 10 years ago and it is so insanely different from now. Stuttgart on top with Schalke and Werder runners up, Nürnberg in sixth and Gladbach getting relegated. Half the teams are not even in the league any more (Stuttgart!, Nürnberg, Bochum, Hannover, Bielefeld, Cottbus, Aachen) or made the trip to 2.Liga in the meantime (Frankfurt, Hertha, Gladbach). Feels like a different world.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Advanced Stat: Jancker has as many goals in world cups as Wayne Rooney.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
If Schalke manage to stay in Euro league until the ro16/quarters they are guaranteed to play Sunday and by the time the fixtures are made they hopefully should still be in it. I reckon there is a good chance one of the two 2. Liga matches being on Friday night. So i think getting two or three games in is possible.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Leipzig has Frankfurt, Dortmund and Hoffenheim coming up. Pretty sure they'll drop some more points in those matches so no reason to cheer Bayern, cheer for the rest of the liga instead :colbert:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Oh no how are they going to get past Atletico now!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Dortmund still 8 points off that second place trophy.Can't believe how rubbish they are with their chances

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Pep ruined him!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Unreal how rubbish Wolfsburg are. Hope they get relegated :cool:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Why tho?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Just saw a list of time the Bundesliga coaches have been at their current club and only four of them are longer than one and a half season (Stöger, Streich, Schmidt, Schmidt). 10 out of 18 are at the club only for this season. Pretty incredible. They're all really young too, barely anyone older than 50. Goes to show how shortlived the business is...

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Do you know next weeks result already? BRB putting my savings on Rasenball win! Think they just fell off their hot streak a bit and now win less in general...

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Why is every team except Bayern and the Rasenballs such trash this year in the Liga? Honestly, every team from Gladbach in 9. on needs to watch out to not slip up because if they go on a run of bad results they'll end up on the relegation spots. Only six points between Gladbach and HSV ffs.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Torrannor posted:

RedBull lost to Dresden in the Pokal. It's a bit easier to play consistently when you are only playing at most one match per week. Dortmund have to play in three competitions and still manage to hold third place.

Please call them by their official name and don't use what that company wants you to say. :)

I don't buy that excuse of not being in the cup. Mainz, Darmstadt and Augsburg played one whole cup match more and look at them. Werder went out first round too. And they have the benefit of not just being promoted from 2.Liga.

Fair play for Dortmund being in three competitions bur seeing them win big in Cl one day and then mess about in the Liga the next match is annoying.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
All those Abstiegskandidaten seem to have lots of matches vs each other left so things could get really interesting and potentially all of the 'higher' placed teams like Leverkusen have enough matches vs bad teams where they should secure enough points. Augsburg plays lots of top teams though, they need to be really worried.

On the other end of the table we get to decide whether to root for Hoffenheim or Leipzig to get the direct CL spot :allears:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Shocking display by Dortmund there wtf where they even doing, looks like Tuchel was mostly concerned about resting players which is really a bit disappointing in a match of that status.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
You are lucky there is the local derby Bonner SC vs Viktoria Cologne! The stadium is only about 20 minutes from the airport. It's sold out but usually there are touts who can get you in for 50-60 euros

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I think Arsenal might want a good manager if they don't keep Wenger on but I'm not sure if Tuchel could deal with that tbh. If the Everton job becomes available that might be an option? I would much rather see him continue in Dortmund though, hope all the rumours are just hot air. On the other hand there might be a position at Barca soon :wink:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Trapp
Rüdiger-Süle-Mustafi
Kimmich-Rudy-Can-Hector
Sane-Werner-Draxler

Looks like a pretty decent team tbh and should get us to the final? Draxler has the most caps of that team (28) and most goals at 3 lol

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
He's never been with the national team though and as we all know Jogi likes to rely on players with team experience. If only Poldi had not retired yet he would be the perfect captain :D

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Watching HSV-Wolfsbufg this is a shitshow of a match. Predicting at least two Hamburg players to get sent off regardless of result, they are mental wrecks already after half an hour

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Wolfsburg beat Real Madrid in a CL quarter final match last season :psyduck:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
LMAO Hamburg. Such a terrible match, they would have fully deserved to go down. Wolfsburg can get hosed though so I'm happy with that result :unsmigghh:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Apparently he has had interest from 1./2. Liga German teams so maybe he is not useless despite managing in the German equivalent of League 2? Might have some trouble adjusting to 46 league matches a season lmao

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
1860 had that coming for years tbh, they've been terrible lately. Just read that they had the third most expensive team in the league (after Hannover and Stuttgart) :eyepop:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Would love to see him there. Ajax won't be happy to let him go so might be a repeat of the Favre situation?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Apparently the DFB-Pokal match between Koblenz and Dresden willl be played in... Zwickau? Then to make it even more of a farce for Koblenz fans they moved it to Friday 19:00. Predicting less than 1000 home fans now. Even having it on Saturday in Dresden would probably have been a more sensible solution.

In other news 2.Liga is back \o/

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Agreed, good goal that. What are the expectations for this season in Hamburg? Seems like there's some decent players about.

Think Dynamo will end up somewhere 8-12th unless the new signings are wicked good. Our strikers aren't looking too hot and the defensive midfield is a bit of a worry but hopefully enough strength in the squad to stay away from relegation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Why do the Rostock fans have a massive banner saying Ostseestadion in front of their block?

• Locked thread