Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The "supercup" is unimportant trash, but this game is nice. Go Dortmunds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

poty posted:

I agree with the OP, Switzerland banned those things and look at how well they're doing

Excuse me, but did Switzerland win the World Cup? No? How well are they doing then?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

System Metternich posted:

Good Lord, a mate of mine has two tickets for this and only needs one, I think I'll actually go hot drat

Don't do it! The Länderspielpause is bad, but don't let it drive you to do things you will regret your whole life!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
"There's still place on the shelf - I'm just going to fill it with merchandise of this other football club!" :downs:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
At least so far it seems like this season might be more entertaining than the last. I approve, lets just hope that Bayern don't win this thing in the end. How amazing would Köln be as Meister?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
On the one hand, Aufbaugegner Hamburg is a godsend for us. On the other hand: Poor Hamburg :(

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
What's up with the strange jerseys for Bayern? You can hardly make out the Telekom/T-online sponsoring.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

ephex posted:

loving Länderspielpause

!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Please fire Kampl into the sun.

And the whole of RB Leipzig with him, of course.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Tahirovic posted:

I guess now the last person has a reason to root for Bayern, not sure how I feel about that.

There is no reason to root for Bayern, them winning the Meisterschaft would suck just as bad as RB winning it, albeit for different reasons.

RB will remain Tabellenführer because we will beat Bayern in today's game.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Healbot posted:

Dude, you keep confusing video games with real life, stop that.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Pretty crazy that there are 5 teams on places 3-7 with 21 points.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Pretty bizarre stuff. It's also a dumb rule that you can't correct such a mistake short of using up one of your three substitutions. In the end, it worked out all right.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Reset Smith posted:

Weidenfeller is so loving terrible.

The Schalke forums are pretty strange about this. A lot of people said that Bürki's absence would make Dortmund stronger, since Bürki is apparently a bad goalkeeper and Weidenfeller a lot better... :confused:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Oliwan busy trolling this thread. Wasn't he the Swiss guy that cheered for the Dutch in the last World Cup or something like that?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

oliwan posted:

Schwaben raus!

Okay, you can be a honorary Berliner. :)

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Something like this is always sad :(

I wonder if Badstuber will make a similar announcement in the nearish future...

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Even as a Dortmund fan, I think that Schalke did not deserve to lose that game.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
That referee is a joke.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Healbot posted:

Dortmund is really, really missing Hummels in the back.

And Bürki.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I hate both teams so I'm just going to enjoy one of them getting demolished. Get hosed, RB!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
He looks much better now. In this gay man's opinion, his previous hairstyle was atrocious.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

He's actually sexy now. I don't know if I should be insulted that he got rid of that dumb hairstyle only after leaving us for Bayern :argh:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Frohes Neues. Wir sind immer noch Weltmeister.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

ephex posted:

Xabi Alonso told Bayerns officials that he is gonna retire at the end of the season :geno:

The right decision imo. He's just a tad too slow now. Still a great player, but no longer up to Bayern's standards I think.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Can anybody tell me what's up with Thomas Müller? Was he exchanged for some less capable clone by alien overlords to stop us from winning the EM and Bayern from dominating the league too much? I just can't understand what happened with Super-Müller :confused:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Tahirovic posted:

enjoy Die Mannschafft with Hector and what ever other horrible Lahm wannabes are currently stumbling around.

But he retired from the Nationalmannschaft years ago?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I'm still mad that we lost ti Darmstadt, but everyone else (RB, Frankfurt, Herta, Köln and Hoffenheim) also losing means nothing happened except for Bayern pulling further ahead.

And we even have the excuse of 120 minutes Pokal, how did RB lose to Hamburg??

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

oliwan posted:

I hope all Bayern players, their fans, and their bought refs die.

This.

Smirr posted:

I think I finally calmed down. It was still a good-ish result. Oh well. :shobon: Btw, I think it would be funny if someone kidnapped Uli Hoeneß and tortured him to death, IMGO

Also this. I'm truly sorry for you, Smirr. It's not as if it would have made a difference in the Meisterschaft, Bayern will win it anyway. But they did not deserve 5 minutes extra time, with the ref deciding to up this another minute! loving lol.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dunban posted:

Gladbach and Schalke are gonna play one another in the Europa League.

https://twitter.com/VM_83/status/835102227316473857

So two times in the Europa League and once in the Bundesliga? And Harmburg in the Liga and the Pokal? That's a bit hosed up.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

frankenfreak posted:

Please don't actually, HSV fans. Stay safe and seek help if you need it in these times of trouble.

It was a prophetic miss-spelling :(

Poor Hamburg

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dunban posted:

Looks like Lotte - Dortmund has been cancelled due to bad weather

That sucks :(

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

should send xabi and lahm out with a triple.

I disagree.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

elbkaida posted:

Why is every team except Bayern and the Rasenballs such trash this year in the Liga? Honestly, every team from Gladbach in 9. on needs to watch out to not slip up because if they go on a run of bad results they'll end up on the relegation spots. Only six points between Gladbach and HSV ffs.

RedBull lost to Dresden in the Pokal. It's a bit easier to play consistently when you are only playing at most one match per week. Dortmund have to play in three competitions and still manage to hold third place.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
No-Jinx Edit: So, gently caress Hertha and their players, who somehow played better than us. At least they won't be able to sing "wir fahren nach Berlin".

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Mar 13, 2017

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Goa Tse-tung posted:

DONT JINX IT DUDE

I changed it!

But I think they are making good progress to stabilize, Gisdol is doing good. It does help that Darmstadt are just terrible, and Ingolstadt barely better.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

elbkaida posted:

Please call them by their official name and don't use what that company wants you to say. :)

I don't buy that excuse of not being in the cup. Mainz, Darmstadt and Augsburg played one whole cup match more and look at them. Werder went out first round too. And they have the benefit of not just being promoted from 2.Liga.

Fair play for Dortmund being in three competitions bur seeing them win big in Cl one day and then mess about in the Liga the next match is annoying.

RoteBrause certainly has competent leadership (something other clubs desperately need, like the HSV or Schalke), they had a good start and got on a roll. They also did pretty well in getting good players.

Dortmund had to reorganize quite a bit after three top players left, and I'm not sure that all the under-20 players can yet cope with the Bundesliga, Pokal and Champions League. Reus getting injured (again!:argh:) doesn't help, he would have been extremely valuable against Hertha. I agree that it is frustrating to get these unnecessary losses in the Bundesliga, but there's no real difference between third and second place. Apart from wishing RoteBrause only the worst, they can have their Vizemeisterschaft for all I care, as long as Dortmund retain third place and play well in the Champions League and DFB-Pokal.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
This game was cool and good. Lotte played well, the match was entertaining. And the right team won.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
We played like utter trash but still won somehow. I guess I can live with that. But it's really fortunate that there's now a Länderspielpause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Pand posted:

I hope Werder beats the vile Leipzigs imho

:same:

• Locked thread