Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Is there a Something Awful kicktipp group for the Bundesliga? If so, I would like to join.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Dunban posted:

https://www.kicktipp.de/goons/

Hasn't been updated for the upcoming season yet though

Thanks! I just signed up.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
When he was still working at the Titanic, Martin Sonneborn once called several Swiss banks, claiming to be a representative of the legal successor of the NSDAP and demanding the immediate return of the Nazi gold. The reactions were pretty funny, especially that one time when he quoted Hitler and said that he could conquer Switzerland with Constance's fire brigade.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

frankenfreak posted:

I just don't expect too many Germans having an interest in the ongoings of the US Supreme Court. :shrug:

I think that most of us in these forums share some sort of sick fascination with the US. After all, we all paid :10bux: for the questionable privilege.

You should try the forums at transfermarkt.de. I am certain that nobody there would get the allusion.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
There is a silver lining for all you Werder fans: It could be worse!

I just googled my favorite club, and this is what I got when I searched for the initials:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_simplex_virus

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

azathosk posted:

HSV will end up in a boring midtable position this season. And I'm gonna love it.

A boring season is exactly what I am looking forward to, as well.

That and not getting humiliated later today in Zwickau.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
I think I'm falling in love with Halilovic. This of course means that he'll probably get injured and will be out for the season in a month or two.

Now I can only hope that the Göbel Brüder won't turn the game around. (Yes. Zwickau has two brothers called "Göbel", just like in "Göbelblanca" by the Arschkrampen).

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Good idea!

:toxx:

One month if HSV qualifies for an international competition.

(If it happens, I deserve to get punished for my lack of faith).

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
OK, Bayern, for the sake of my Kicktipp score, please stop scoring now.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Always betting on a Hamburg win in the kicktipp game is finally paying off!

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Tahirovic posted:

Really liked the pre game poo poo about HSV, they should make a sitcom, so much source material there.

Dieter Hallervorden used to have a show called "Nonstop Nonsense".

I got the distinct feeling that the current Hamburg theatre is a conscient homage to that show, especially the "Gespielter Witz" section.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Jens loving Todt?

Edit: Apparently, if you aren't good enough for Bochum and Karlsruhe, that means you're just about right for Hamburg! Hope he will get a long term contract and make at least seven figures a year.

Can we bet on the size of his inevitable severance package?

Ibogaine fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 1, 2017

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Jose posted:

lol at uli hoeness ranting about chinese money

What happened to your klurfatar?

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

ephex posted:

He put a dick in his mouth and did a really good job in that aspect of the scenario

2017 is off to an amazing start, if you ask me.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

frankenfreak posted:

Congratulations to Dunban, dogboy, Ibogaine, GoldandaPager, and ephex for not seeing that one coming.

Yeah, I suck. At least my strategy of always betting on a Hamburg win paid off handsomely once again!

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

oliwan posted:

cheering for hsv... feels so strange... but also so good???

If cheering for HSV is wrong, I don't want to be right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1nSekzZGeE

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Emptyquoting is the sincerest form of flattery.

(BTW, I don't think that any supporter of a team that is actually any good can even remotely imagine how happy I am right now).

Oh, and one more song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFlW0IdWwE0

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Sereri posted:

Same

Congrats to Ibogaine and Smirr

Thanks. I am actually rather surprised, considering my decision to pretty much bet on a Hamburg win at all times.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Are we going to do another round of Tippkick?

I would love the chance to prove that I actually know Jack poo poo about football (which explains why I am a HSV supporter), and that my victory last time around was a total fluke.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Avoiding relegation would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Trotzdem HSV.

• Locked thread