Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Real Name Grover posted:

Yank Bobby Wood opens his Hamburg account 30 minutes into the season

https://twitter.com/CrewHD_VIDEOS/status/769542025385476096

Reminder that this guy was simply 'too bad' for 60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Guys. GUYS! Are you prepared?

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
I just wanted to say that 1860 did play a whole match of what looked like real soccer with players passing to one another and other players then going where they needed to be. They did score twice without any standards and both goals involved some form of skill.

What's happening? Is this real life?

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
You know the season didn't start off too shabby, but we're circling the drain so badly just a few weeks in.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/2bundesliga/startseite/662229/artikel_verstoss-gegen-wettverbot_dfb-sperrt-olic.html

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

:(

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
I want to say, that it'll get better when all the injured players will be back, but tbh I've given up this season already. The match against Nürnberg was really good (2. Liga levelwise) and they just stopped right after that. Olic being stupid, then Boenisch getting injured like a week after hiring him are signs that nothing in this club has changed in any way.

They should get Breitenreiter like it's already been rumored.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
That goal was so Gomez. One person slipping, Gomez with a really bad touch. Just all around Mario....

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
You know I was really happy, when Hammbüchen pulled 60 for a home spot and was thinking that we might get a nearly sold out match against a Bundesliga team. We'd gloriously lose, sure. But it'd have been good money and a nice atmosphere. Instead we get Lotte which means automatic away game and the embarrassment of losing to a 3. Liga club. Fo' shame...

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
75% of all 60 goals this season have been scored today.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
It was really bad, yeah. Amazing safe by Hertner, too. Imagine pulling that off and getting punished for it.

But I can see how that must have been hard for Siewer and his assistant to judge correctly. So fast and nearly impossible to clear without using your hand. He already apologized for it. Not that that is helping now, but at least Hertner will only be banned for one match.

But hey...we got hosed last week on a terrible offside decision against Stuttgart, so it might just even out?!

What I'm really saying is: Videobeweis, let's do it.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
What did Ribery do when he got that yellow? I swear to God it was something deserving a red again without even having seen it, but of course he won't get punished for it.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

ephex posted:

He would be their 14th manager in six years lol

Well, joke's on you! Bierofka will be the new coach so there won't be a 14th manager. HAH!

:(

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Holy hell, this is bad.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
That might have been the worst I've ever seen them play. Ridiculous...

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
That didn't seem to be a problem when they were playing against 1860. Dortmund bias IMO.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Dönerkevin posted:

„Ich bin froh, dass ich überhaupt noch hier bin. Und ja, ja. Mit den Konsequenzen leb’ ich und entschuldige mich dafür. Bei allen Leuten. Ich muss leider damit leben und bin zu dem Entschluss gekommen – wie er (VfB-Manager Jan Schindelmeiser) schon gesagt hat. Mehr möchte ich auch zu diesem Thema nicht sagen. Dafür ist mir viel wichtiger, dass ich mich bei allen Mitarbeitern, der Mannschaft und den Fans bedanke, von ganzen Herzen. Ich glaube, ich habe immer alles gegeben, habe mich mit dem Verein identifiziert. Wie gesagt, ich habe alles gegeben und habe mich auch nach dem Abstieg sofort bekannt. Und ja trotzdem ist es jetzt so gekommen und dafür kann ich mich nur entschuldigen auch, dass bei der Mannschaft jetzt deswegen so viel Unruhe reingekommen ist. Und das ist jetzt auch glaube ich besser, dass Ruhe einkehrt und die ihr Ziel erreichen könne. Und aufsteigen werden und dass ich da dann hoffentlich eingeladen werde und mit den Jungs den Aufstieg feiern kann. Es wird jetzt viel geschrieben und viel gesagt. Ich werde jetzt erst mal (äh) zurück also erst mal ruhiger machen und (äh) möchte mit dem Fußball, Fußball Profi erst mal nix mehr zu tun haben. Ich hoffe, die Presse vor allen Dingen, lässt meine Familie und mich jetzt einfach mal in Ruhe. Das ist mir wichtig. Bitte tut mir den Gefallen. Mehr möchte ich auch gar nicht mehr sagen. Nur noch vielen Dank an die Fans vom VfB Stuttgart, dass ihr mich in dieser schwierigen Zeit so unterstützt. Der Mannschaft wünsche ich alles Gute und dass sie auf jeden Fall aufsteigen. Ich drücke die Daumen und werde die Spiele im Fernsehen verfolgen – wie gesagt, Danke für alles."

Holy gently caress, what happened?

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Just when you think you've seen every reason for a yellow Robben starts counting the distance between ball and wall for a free kick.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
5 minutes for what exactly?

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Not that it wasn't deserved but boy howdy was that not a foul in any way before the free kick that led to the 1:1. Like...not at all.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIBfYL1Nth4

This is replacing the Gomez button for me.

Also, Tuchel is gone for sure. This is all so very strange.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
I was there. That was some Dresden fans level of embarrassing. Police did an awesome job. Also props to Regensburg's goalie for simply removing like 15 seats from the box instead of making a scene. Game should have been canceled anyway. That was way too dangerous for the last ten minutes.

Funny enough, Ian Ayre seems to have quit yesterday and Pereira was a goner anyway. If only Ismaik would do the same 😐

See you guys in five to ten years I guess...

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

AlexF posted:

See you guys in five to twenty years I guess...

Worst of all, Ismaik isn't paying but wants to stay at the club anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
It'd be super cool if the E.V. simply registered a team for Regionalliga. Doesn't have to be the KGaA, no?

• Locked thread