Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

silvergoose posted:

I almost only follow Palermo right now because of everything in this post because nothing on the team even remotely says "this team is worth watching". Grim indeed. Maybe we need to go down and then down again and then build up a bit??

I'm afraid new owners would quickly lose interest with Palermo in Serie B.

But something got to happen. The team right now is pathetic. Sorrentino replaced with a 20 year old, who's only experience in 30 matches for NK Inter Zaprešić, and the reserve keepers are 21 and 19 years old, and completely unproven.

Vazquez and Gilardino (while being fairly poo poo, at least was a forward) has been replaced by trash that wasn't good enough last season and whoever the gently caress Nestorovski is.

Midfield is small and pretty much none existent.

Only the defense is slightly improved, and I fear that could get weakened by the time the transfer window shuts.

Surviving serie a this season would be a miracle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Jose posted:

the romanian league has the best criminals sorry op

Becali is no criminal. He is here to save us all.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Hahahahaa all those people at the airport, confused some random guy with Frank Cascio, and started cheering for him. Half a minute later the real Frank Cascio came.

Could this really be the end? Zamparini please sell to him.

In case the name sounds familiar outside of football..

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Cascio speaks.

http://www.football-italia.net/89964/exclusive-cascios-palermo-plans

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
He is fat, bald and dumb.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
http://i.imgur.com/7Rqyp3b.gifv

that's one way to make your serie a debut i guess.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

That would be a good combination. Zamps and Balotelli.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
They have absolutely dominated, should have scored a few.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Icardi lol.

I wish he and Mitrovic were better forwards, because I would love to see them at Chelsea with Costa. But they are a bit poo poo.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Said that too quickly.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Ballardini left himself and that is very understandable. The transfer window has been nothing short of a disaster, and no manager should sink so low, as to coach this sack of poo poo, which is the current Palermo team. Absolutely disgraceful.

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 2, 2016

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

MrKonarski posted:

Can someone explain why De Zerbi is coaching Palermo from a window

He's suspended for the first match. So lets see if he can get fired, before actually managing the team for a match.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Aleesami is good though at least.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
No, I would still stick to abysmal. Terrible game, even if Palermo are dominating right now.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
I really do like Posavec. Only 20, but already on a very high level I think. Of course, him replacing Sorrentino also means a huge loss of leadership in the team, but hard to blame him for that.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
I can not loving believe it.

Last loving touch of the match.

On the positive side, Posavec is really good.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
1-2...

Completely open in Rispoli's side...

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Posavec is so loving good. Christ.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Gigi Galli posted:

Absurd save, of course it's against Milan

He has been making them all season (although those two in the space of 30 seconds was sensational), and yet Palermo has still conceded an incredible amount of goals, which speaks volumes about the whole team in front of him.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Bruno Henrique pls

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
:(

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Ballardini: "The President stated that he had given me a good team that he expected to be in the top ten and that I needed to play them in a certain way."

Zamps please. Imagine being that deluded, that this squad, which is even weaker than last years, is somehow supposed to finish in the better half of Serie A.

and yet

Would Ballardini ever go back?

"Well, I would enjoy it a lot. I used to go onto the field with confidence and enthusiasm.

They are wonderful guys at Palermo. I often return to town, everybody knows that. I live there most of the year with my family."

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
The future of Palermo is extremely ugly. No wonder it is failing to find a proper new owner. Will instead go full on Venezia.

Also gently caress Belotti that Cassano crater faced oval office.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Eugenio Corini new manager. That will go well too I am sure.

Also lol

"The Coach was given the backing of the club earlier this week, but was sacked this evening following elimination from the Coppa Italia at the hands of Spezia.

“A pitiful match,” Zamparini told reporters.

“A pitiful squad and a pitiful Coach. The day before the match I sent him a message on his mobile phone telling him that I didn’t care about the Fiorentina match, but that the Spezia one was a very delicate one from a psychological perspective.

“That’s why I asked him to play all the starters. He put out a team with a load of reserves. I’m sure he did it to get sacked, and therefore I’ll seek termination of his contract for gross misconduct.

“I’m disappointed by this, because rather than being an insult to me, it’s an insult to Palermo fans and their passion.”

Zamparini previously revealed that De Zerbi would be due "a lot of money" if sacked, but a gross misconduct charge would waive any compensation."

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
just stop everyone

stop it

let palermo die alone

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Well that was ... something. A win. Some hope. That will soon be crushes again.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

quote:

Palermo have announced that Paul Baccaglini is their new President, with the Italo-American’s takeover almost complete.

A former radio and TV personality, Baccaglini [pictured, right] has since become an investor, collaborating with Frank Cascio for his failed takeover of Palermo last summer and subsequently co-founding the INTEGRITAS Capital fund that will purchase the Rosanero.

“Paul has known Zamparini since last year from negotiations with Cascio,” read a statement on the club’s official website.

“Paul and his fund showed, after Cascio’s withdrawal, their interest in the purchase of Palermo Calcio and the construction of sports facilities.

“A contractual agreement has been reached, whereby Paul, on his own and as a founding member and representative of INTEGRITAS Capital, has agreed through the club that he will indicate by 19/04/17 his purchase of 100 percent of Palermo Calcio’s shares, the transfer of which must take place by 30/04/17.

“President Paul has confirmed a programme, which includes funding for the development of a sporting project linked to the Coach for the construction of the new stadium and training ground.”

I trust this man to carry on Zamps legacy.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Please just leave the pitch, Palermo.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Rispoli two goals. 5-2. Ez comeback.

On a serious note, another Rispoli and Immobile goal, would mean 3 hattricks in this game. :lol

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Fiorentina should be relegated for losing to this Palermo team.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Congratulations, you've now signed for the greatest club in Italy, AC Milan

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
"Closing is OFF. Zamparini confirms that the club will remain with him after Baccaglini was unable to provide "guarantees"."

kill.me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

trem_two posted:

Palermo's headquarters, Zamparini's holding company's offices, and Zamparini's home were all raided today as part of a money laundering/embezzlement investigation.

RIP Palermo

Also the new president, who was supposed to buy Palermo, has resigned/haven't bought Palermo anyway.

“I’m one of the most honest people in Italian football,” the 76-year-old told broadcaster Trm.

“Now I’m blocking the transfer market and I don’t give a drat about Palermo. I’ll play the Primavera and who we’ve got already.

“Today I had a conversation with an American entrepreneur over the phone.”

Zamp added to ForzaPalermo.it: “I have the Guardia di Finanza at all my homes and Palermo’s headquarters because I didn’t sell the club to Baccaglini.

“False accounting? For the love of God, there’s absolutely nothing, I’ve been at Palermo for so many years and it’s all under control.”

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 7, 2017

• Locked thread